Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ah ok, I guess it is moot to show it once you hit Lifetime Plat, although it would still be nice to know.

Congrats, btw, for getting over the 750 and 10 year hump.
Yes finally! Thank you! I feel relieved! LOL
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Talking

Originally Posted by supatight80
On the dashboard. It will say how many years to go to be LTP. I took this a few months ago...

THAT is what I was looking for right there Much thanks @supatight80

Am a bit anxious that some of my 15 Marriott nights might be creditcard bennies or something that might not count, but I know I have a legit 6nights there last 2yrs, and 10 SPG nights in BOS coming up in Jun, so think 750 should be very doable, and already over the #yrs Plat crest.
The highly arbitrary achievement of LTPP shall be mine!

Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by KevinS
I Am a bit anxious that some of my 15 Marriott nights might be creditcard bennies or something that might not count,
Just to be clear, Marriott has said nothing that would indicate that any credited nights would be looked at differently and might no longer count, be it cc nights, birthday nights, meeting credits or extra bonus nights awarded because of a bonus program. Nothing. Any fear is not based on any communication, inference or tea leaf coming from Marriott and remains the province of individuals or clueless bloggers.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KevinS
Am a bit anxious that some of my 15 Marriott nights might be creditcard bennies or something that might not count, but I know I have a legit 6nights there last 2yrs, and 10 SPG nights in BOS coming up in Jun, so think 750 should be very doable, and already over the #yrs Plat crest.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Just to be clear, Marriott has said nothing that would indicate that any credited nights would be looked at differently and might no longer count, be it cc nights, birthday nights, meeting credits or extra bonus nights awarded because of a bonus program. Nothing. Any fear is not based on any communication, inference or tea leaf coming from Marriott and remains the province of individuals or clueless bloggers.
Correct, MR counts everything toward LT status (including rollover nights, which is double counting), a lot more lenient than SPG.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:40 am

Nothing indicates that there will be a retroactive recount of any credited nights which is the only point being made.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jun 1, 2018 at 10:41 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:19 pm

The best and most important info is that MR elite nights and SPG elite nights are all counted together, so are the Plat. years of each program.

So in the end, what one would need are 750 combined nights and 10 combined years of Plat. Nothing else.

There is no need nor requirement of having achieved Lifetime Plat. in any of the two programs, before Aug.1 or Dec.31. in order to become LTPP.

You don't even have to be Plat. in the current year 2018, nor must you have accrued enough nights/stays in the current year to qualify for Plat in the next year.

All that really matters is:
750 combined nights and 10 combined years of Plat. at the end of 2018. That' all.

Last edited by decentmove; Jun 2, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:47 pm

Question

Well, ... the more I'm reading my recent post #576 and the quote below, the more I'm starting to wonder ...
Question B6:
Will Marriott be expanding their policy for awarding Lifetime Platinum Premier (LTPP) status to cover additional scenarios?
Subquestion d:
Members with 750 combined nights and 10 years PLT across both programs.
Source: Wiki of the thread "Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August".

Now what is the meaning of "across both programs"?

1. in any of the two programs?
  2. in both of the two programs?
  3. combined from both programs?
I'm hoping the answer is 3. !

... as I have currently only 7 years in one of the programs and 3 years in the other. Which means currently no Lifetime Plat. in any of the two!

Last edited by decentmove; Jun 2, 2018 at 9:12 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Personally, I think *both* (which seems to be option 2) would be interesting. Require 750 nights (effectively more nights would be required for the ten years Plat in both requirement) plus ten years (which need not be consecutive) of Plat status in both programs, counting only years in which the person has
achieved Plat status in SPG and also earned Plat status in MR.

Challenge question: What is the minimal number of nights needed to satisfy this requirement? Hint: It's clearly 250 on the Starwood side, using 25 one night stays to earn SPG Plat in each year, but MR rollover makes it more interesting than just doing 75 nights per year.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:41 pm

"both" as in my option 2. was meant as "in in each". And that, clerly cannot be the requirement!

Hecne, it is between 1. and 3. now. I hope it is and will be 3.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by decentmove
"both" as in my option 2. was meant as "in in each". And that, clerly cannot be the requirement!

Hecne, it is between 1. and 3. now. I hope it is and will be 3.
Are you asking about something like this? In 2015 a member had 10 SPG nights and 41 MR nights. Are you asking if they will treat that as 51 nights, give the retroactive MR Gold and count that as a year towards LTPP? No. The requirement is not whether a member had fifty nights total between the programs during a certain year. The requirement is that the member had been granted the status during that year. Additionally, in your scenario I think they would need to retroactively award status in both programs for the same nights during the same years for you to reach ten years. That is not going to happen.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:41 am

Not what I'm asking.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:58 am

Not what I'm asking.
I may get it now...

In 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 a member was MR Plat/Gold.
In 2015, 2016 and 2017 the same member was SPG Plat.
The member is not currently Plat in either program nor did the member ever reach LTP/G in either program.
Between the two programs the member exceeds 750 nights.

Yes, this member will have enough nights and ten years of Plat status so this member will be grandfathered into LTPP in the new program.
decentmove likes this.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jun 3, 2018 at 10:25 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:01 am

Thank you very much.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Yes, this member will have enough points and ten years of Plat status so this member will be grandfathered into LTPP in the new program.
I guess you mean enough nights. Not points.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:24 am

I guess you mean enough nights. Not points.
You are correct. I should not post and watch The Brady Bunch at the same time, especially when the exciting episode is on where Greg gets injured playing football.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.