Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by deac83
Received my lifetime Titanium card in the mail this week. First off, I was qualified for this before any merger completed, but just receive the card this week. Interestingly it's a metal card that weighs 1oz and hit the ground with a clank. I guess when they mean lifetime,they want to make sure you never need a new card.

I'm currently at the Ambassador status, so it was interesting seeing this show up. Especially since I was lifetime Plat at Marriott and they never sent me a card for that.
I got mine a few weeks, are you sure it is only one ounce? They are so heavy I doubt anyone will ever use them.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uanj
I got mine a few weeks, are you sure it is only one ounce? They are so heavy I doubt anyone will ever use them.
Yep, weighed it on the kitchen scale. Generally at plastic card weighs 3-4 grams, this is 28-30.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Hm, should all of us TitElites have gotten one? I've not received mine yet...
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by KevinS
If you are Lifetime Titanium, yes. I haven't got mine yet either, but apparently they've just started to arrive in the Toronto area.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by deac83
Received my lifetime Titanium card in the mail this week. First off, I was qualified for this before any merger completed, but just receive the card this week. Interestingly it's a metal card that weighs 1oz and hit the ground with a clank. I guess when they mean lifetime,they want to make sure you never need a new card.
I received my card on Friday as well.

Whenever I receive a 'status' package like this in the mail, I get excited. This one had some weight to it, and felt like there was some good swag inside.

The card is a nice gesture. But, face it, nobody actually needs it for anything. I can't think of the last time I was asked for a hotel membership card, or when I might possibly want to have it in my wallet. For all of the cost and expense they went through, something else would be nice. Something that would actual have some utility for me.

The printed brochure included was also a nice gesture, but really served no purpose either. It's all marketing fluff, with nothing beyond the basic info that any current Titanium wouldn't already know. (I'd have been thrilled if it was a useful Titanium membership guide - showing all of the details, without me needing to go to the T&Cs on the website to figure out where I do/don't get lounge access, or breakfast, or how many bonus points I get at each brand. Instead, it was just fluff.)

But, there was more! Or at least there seemed to be more.

As I opened the mailer, I could feel a couple of large, thick pieces of something embedded in the mailer. "Awesome, luggage tags!" I thought to myself. (I'm a sucker for personalized luggage tags.)

But, nope. No luggage tags.

The extra 'hefty' pieces inside the envelope? They glued in two magnets inside the mailer in order to keep it closed snugly ... I suppose to make it open more like a heavy book than a flimsy brochure.

Value of the glued-in magnets to me? Absolutely zero. Cost to Marriott? I can only imagine ... the cost of the magnets, then the extra production costs to fold and glue them into the two sides of the mailer, not to mention the extra postage cost for the extra weight.

I can't imagine how they would have decided to do that. "Instead of sending our Titanium members something they'd use, let's spend extra to make the brochure feel a little firmer when it opens! Let's glue magnets inside!" "You mean the one time they open the brochure before it gets thrown out?" "Yes!" "Done! Somebody get the checkbook!"

Mailer, with glued-in magnets: now in the garbage
Brochure: in the garbage
Metal card: tossed in the 'junk drawer' in my kitchen
lallied likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:20 pm

Same. Hell, havent received my Ambassador contact info...for 2019. Just called and they guy said he's emailing it right away. That was 20 minutes ago and no email...and yes checked my SPAM folder.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:22 pm

BTTW...what is the Titanium Elite phone number? I was put on hold 4 times tonight (and the call dropped once) when trying to use the My24 benefits,.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Fred Garvin
BTTW...what is the Titanium Elite phone number? I was put on hold 4 times tonight (and the call dropped once) when trying to use the My24 benefits,.
What My24 benefits? Your24 requires Amb status now, versus Plat75 in the SPG days.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:25 am

I have AMB status.....
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What My24 benefits? Your24 requires Amb status now, versus Plat75 in the SPG days.

I have AMB status.....
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I have AMB status.....
then why are you calling the titanium line????they can't put in a your24 request....only your ambassador can....
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:01 am

They put in the request, but I had to call them bc I had no been given info on my Ambassador. They gave me the info for my Ambassador (name, phone, email) late last night. It's the same person who told me (in late 2018) that I would have a new Ambassador.
uanj likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
They put in the request, but I had to call them bc I had no been given info on my Ambassador. They gave me the info for my Ambassador (name, phone, email) late last night. It's the same person who told me (in late 2018) that I would have a new Ambassador.
once again, i don't think the titanium line has the ability to request a your24....i would suggest you ask your ambassador to put in the request again, now that you have the details for your ambassador....
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by KevinS
The cards have been discussed in the other lifetime status thread. Marriott's been mailing them out since at least July (see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31323846-post757.html), so 3 months so far. It's bizarre that fulfillment is taking so long, but if you haven't gotten yours yet, just be patient.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:02 am

has anyone heard when they will grant LTTE to those still working on status? I hear grumblings that it will be granted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.