Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 27, 19, 8:09 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: rny321
Wiki Link
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Aug 23, 18, 11:58 pm
  #916  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,844
i was pleasantly surprised to notice I'm lifetime platinum in the COMBINED program with 730 nights and 10 years of Platinum: I didn't expect MR Gold to map into Platinum, and I was 2 years short of lifetime SPG platinum. If my reading is correct in case I stay 20 more nights by 2019, I will be grandfathered to lifetime platinum premier status (and will get more pointsthan regular platinum in the future). Am I right?
LilZeppelin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:12 am
  #917  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 78,735
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin View Post
i was pleasantly surprised to notice I'm lifetime platinum in the COMBINED program with 730 nights and 10 years of Platinum: I didn't expect MR Gold to map into Platinum, and I was 2 years short of lifetime SPG platinum. If my reading is correct in case I stay 20 more nights by 2019, I will be grandfathered to lifetime platinum premier status (and will get more pointsthan regular platinum in the future). Am I right?
That should be right: ten years total Plat and 750 combined nights seems to be one of the alternate paths to LTPP, but IMO you should birddog your years and nights counts carefully as what you see today could be a mistake that's corrected tomorrow, next month, or even in January. Can you verify that they ten years and 730 lifetime nights are correct?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:28 am
  #918  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,844
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Can you verify that they ten years and 730 lifetime nights are correct?
i never bothered with MR lifetime aspirations, but over 200 nights are coming from them, some of them through credit card. Only know for sure of SPG 8yrs PLT and just over 500nts including credit card nights (SPG Amex and SPG business Amex)... 20 nights is doable, the question is - is it worth it for the 25% bonus in point earn?
LilZeppelin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:39 am
  #919  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 78,735
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin View Post
i never bothered with MR lifetime aspirations, but over 200 nights are coming from them, some of them through credit card. Only know for sure of SPG 8yrs PLT and just over 500nts including credit card nights (SPG Amex and SPG business Amex)... 20 nights is doable, the question is - is it worth it for the 25% bonus in point earn?
Who knows? Starriott can redefine benefits tomorrow or even completely eliminate the program. IMO you need to think about what the 20 nights would cost you in money, time, and convenience and then decide. You might be able to just pick Starriotts deliberately for travel you're doing anyway or you might use this as an excuse to do a nice vacation or series of pleasant little weekend trips. You can probably pick up some nights through local staycations or airport park/sleep/ride deals. You might decide to hold ONE brief and cheap "meeting" for 10 nights if you haven't already done so.

Do you think you'll regret more not going for LTPP if you can or making the effort to get it and then being disappointed?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 2:38 am
  #920  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Guangzhou
Programs: SPG
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by puntamita View Post
Hi

I see the option to combine under profile but does not work. I was told we should wait to combine until we receive an e-mail? Is this correct?

Thanks
Hi puntamita,

I was not aware of an email sending out to notify members to combine accounts.

You may try combine and keep your new SPG number here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg Or, if you prefer to keep your Rewards number, you may combine here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

Best Regards,

Christina Zhou
Social Media Specialist
Marriott International
Starwood Lurker III is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 3:36 am
  #921  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: LHR
Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB Titanium
Posts: 716
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
That should be right: ten years total Plat and 750 combined nights seems to be one of the alternate paths to LTPP, but IMO you should birddog your years and nights counts carefully as what you see today could be a mistake that's corrected tomorrow, next month, or even in January. Can you verify that they ten years and 730 lifetime nights are correct?
My guess is that the IT dept must very soon start signing off accounts (probably already started) as successfully migrated. If no accounts are signed off as successfully migrated and the merged data signed off in Jan ... it is probably going to be a classical case study in how you NOT merge two database .... a true Mickey Mouse execution if that would be the case ....
X-ON is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 7:07 am
  #922  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1KMM, Hyatt Discoverist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 19,194
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin View Post
i never bothered with MR lifetime aspirations, but over 200 nights are coming from them, some of them through credit card. Only know for sure of SPG 8yrs PLT and just over 500nts including credit card nights (SPG Amex and SPG business Amex)... 20 nights is doable, the question is - is it worth it for the 25% bonus in point earn?
There are some other nuggets here and there discovered...like PP will make you suite upgrade eligible at RCs but Plat won't...sure there might be some others...
UA-NYC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 1:42 pm
  #923  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CEB - primary/YVR -secondary
Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)
Posts: 1,727
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
There are some other nuggets here and there discovered...like PP will make you suite upgrade eligible at RCs but Plat won't...sure there might be some others...
OP correct me if I'm wrong. You mentioned that you know for sure you have 8 SPG Plat years. And 1 MR gold year. That makes you 9 years total. Where is the 10th year? How did you get that?

You also mentioned you got 10 Plat years looking at the "COMBINED" program, are you banking your 10th year from the common glitch that when a user combined their accounts, they'd get a freebie Plat year which they are not entitled to?
supatight80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 2:11 pm
  #924  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Englandshire
Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Posts: 11,329
Years as Lifetime Platinum are Wrong

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I just tried method 1 as the first time I've seen my lifetime years of elite status counts and the numbers seem very wrong.

Are these counts supposed to reflect elite status years totals from both SPG and MR or only one side?

My accounts are linked but not combined.
My accounts are linked but not combined.

I became Lifetime Platinum in 2014, with 10 years as Platinum.
It's now 2018, 4 years later.

On the SPG app, it says :
Years as Platinum 12

Y'all do the math, because Marriott can't.
Oxon Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 7:45 pm
  #925  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1KMM, Hyatt Discoverist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 19,194
Originally Posted by supatight80 View Post
OP correct me if I'm wrong. You mentioned that you know for sure you have 8 SPG Plat years. And 1 MR gold year. That makes you 9 years total. Where is the 10th year? How did you get that?

You also mentioned you got 10 Plat years looking at the "COMBINED" program, are you banking your 10th year from the common glitch that when a user combined their accounts, they'd get a freebie Plat year which they are not entitled to?
No - 9 SPG Plat years, plus 1 earned MR Plat year this year. So I knew for sure I had 10 years. Plus a random Marriott Silver year a decade ago.

HOWEVER post combination I have 13 Gold/Plat years (I think the add'l 3 via MR came through UA and the SPG linking) and 19(!) total elite years Silver or better (5 years soft landing in a row?)
UA-NYC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 9:00 pm
  #926  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CEB - primary/YVR -secondary
Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)
Posts: 1,727
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
No - 9 SPG Plat years, plus 1 earned MR Plat year this year. So I knew for sure I had 10 years. Plus a random Marriott Silver year a decade ago.

HOWEVER post combination I have 13 Gold/Plat years (I think the add'l 3 via MR came through UA and the SPG linking) and 19(!) total elite years Silver or better (5 years soft landing in a row?)
Sorry I pressed the wrong post to quote
That was meant for lilzepilin who mentioned he/she only have 8 years SPG play and 1 year MR gold
supatight80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 10:32 pm
  #927  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 11,484
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
My accounts are linked but not combined.

I became Lifetime Platinum in 2014, with 10 years as Platinum.
It's now 2018, 4 years later.

On the SPG app, it says :
Years as Platinum 12

Y'all do the math, because Marriott can't.
I got a message on both the SPG and Marriott apps that LT numbers are wrong, so I wouldn’t worry about it, unless you have nothing better to do.
margarita girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 18, 9:33 am
  #928  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Posts: 663
Somewhat random question...pre-consolidation, I was Lifetime Platinum (over 750 nights each) with both Starwood and Marriott. Any special benefit or status to those of us with double lifetime status?
pagotto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 18, 9:39 am
  #929  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 78,735
I only wish, but at the moment, there's probably less chance of the status getting messed up from day to day as the merger proceeds. For instance, when I checked into a Sheraton earlier this week, the front desk agent could only see my SPG status (LTP and Plat50), not LTPP and PPwithAmb from the Marriott side.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 18, 10:16 am
  #930  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,290
Originally Posted by pagotto View Post
Somewhat random question...pre-consolidation, I was Lifetime Platinum (over 750 nights each) with both Starwood and Marriott. Any special benefit or status to those of us with double lifetime status?
No. Some are reporting over 3,000 LT nights and they are in the same boat as you are. Now will MPG create a new uber-class status like they did with Platinum Premier? Only time will tell. Remember, they strived to keep that status secret for a long time, so even if they do, only those that have it bestowed upon them may know about it.

But at least now you should be LTPP which is currently only available this year.
RogerD408 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread