Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Got this today FWIW
Attached Images  
Old May 31, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Hallo to all, and a request for where to find some critical info in this confusing time
After hitting Lifetime Plat SPG a few yrs ago, I began to stray to other programmes, so think rest of this year may be grinding to achieve the LTPP.
I gather is 750nights since 2000 (when SPG began tracking) and 10yrs Plat.

I can see, pretty easily, my sum total of nights stayed on SPG atop my Account (https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...unt/index.html)
Where might one find the metric of how many nights Platinum were achieved?
If, for example, I had 730nights, and 10yrs Plat, I would grind it out without a 2nd thought, but if I had only 8yrs Plat, it wouldn't be worth doing.

Any idea where to find a formal metric on either website (Marriott or SPG)?
Thanks, and apologies if this surfaced in any of the 38pages prior
Old May 31, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by KevinS
Hallo to all, and a request for where to find some critical info in this confusing time
After hitting Lifetime Plat SPG a few yrs ago, I began to stray to other programmes, so think rest of this year may be grinding to achieve the LTPP.
I gather is 750nights since 2000 (when SPG began tracking) and 10yrs Plat.

I can see, pretty easily, my sum total of nights stayed on SPG atop my Account (https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...unt/index.html)
Where might one find the metric of how many nights Platinum were achieved?
If, for example, I had 730nights, and 10yrs Plat, I would grind it out without a 2nd thought, but if I had only 8yrs Plat, it wouldn't be worth doing.

Any idea where to find a formal metric on either website (Marriott or SPG)?
Thanks, and apologies if this surfaced in any of the 38pages prior
SPG LTP requires 10 years of platinum.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CLEguy
SPG LTP requires 10 years of platinum.
I think @KevinS wants to know how to find out/where to look to see how many years Platinum s/he has, so far, in order to figure out if it is worth doing an MR.

People have only mentioned the SPG dashboard, but mine only indicates 16 years Elite, but doesn't tell me how many years of those that I was Platinum.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I hit SPG LT PLAT last year and have 692 nights at SPG, I was trying to figure if I could find a way to get the extra nights to reach 750 but just realized, if I’m understanding this correctly, my 77 lifetime Marriott nights will combine on Aug 1 and I should already be set for LTPP. Is that correct?
Old May 31, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ryan182
I hit SPG LT PLAT last year and have 692 nights at SPG, I was trying to figure if I could find a way to get the extra nights to reach 750 but just realized, if I’m understanding this correctly, my 77 lifetime Marriott nights will combine on Aug 1 and I should already be set for LTPP. Is that correct?
Yep. You just made it! Congrats.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sweet! Saves me the $/hassle of trying to run up extra nights!
Old May 31, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I think @KevinS wants to know how to find out/where to look to see how many years Platinum s/he has, so far, in order to figure out if it is worth doing an MR.

People have only mentioned the SPG dashboard, but mine only indicates 16 years Elite, but doesn't tell me how many years of those that I was Platinum.
Yes, but @KevinS also said that he or she hit SPG LTP a few years ago, so the question is moot.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLEguy

Yes, but @KevinS also said that he or she hit SPG LTP a few years ago, so the question is moot.
Ah yes, very true!
Old May 31, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Aha! While @yyznomad correctly inferred what I wanted, that makes sense actually @CLEguy.

Since, as per SPG website To earn Starwood Preferred Guest Lifetime Platinum status, you must have a minimum of 10 years of earned Platinum status during your account tenure AND 500 eligible nights since joining the program. if I hit LifetimePlat, I had to have had the 10yrs earned Plat already.

So now to get from SPG 729 nights since 2000 and Marriott showing 15nights, but I think I only had 6.
Need to rack up between 6-15nights by EOY then, and I have 10nights in BOS already booked for Jun, so think I'll make it

Is there not something from Marriott that shows a 'formal' calculation?
Would be horrible to think I calculated right and then miss that by 3 or 4 nights...
Old May 31, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by KevinS
Aha! While @yyznomad correctly inferred what I wanted, that makes sense actually @CLEguy.

Since, as per SPG website To earn Starwood Preferred Guest Lifetime Platinum status, you must have a minimum of 10 years of earned Platinum status during your account tenure AND 500 eligible nights since joining the program. if I hit LifetimePlat, I had to have had the 10yrs earned Plat already.

So now to get from SPG 729 nights since 2000 and Marriott showing 15nights, but I think I only had 6.
Need to rack up between 6-15nights by EOY then, and I have 10nights in BOS already booked for Jun, so think I'll make it

Is there not something from Marriott that shows a 'formal' calculation?
Would be horrible to think I calculated right and then miss that by 3 or 4 nights...
i believe we should be able to see our total MR & SPG nights as well as years of platinum once we combine our accounts - in August.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

On the dashboard. It will say how many years to go to be LTP. I took this a few months ago...

Before LTP

After LTP. And soon to be LTPP
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Real Benefits of Lifetime Platinum Premier?

Does anybody know the actual tangible benefits of Lifetime Platinum Premier status -- over and above Lifetime Platinum status? The only thing I have seen so far is a slight premium in earnings for stays. Is there any other advantage, such as upgrade priority, additional amenities, etc.? Maybe better treatment at Ritz Carltons? Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
Does anybody know the actual tangible benefits of Lifetime Platinum Premier status -- over and above Lifetime Platinum status? The only thing I have seen so far is a slight premium in earnings for stays. Is there any other advantage, such as upgrade priority, additional amenities, etc.? Maybe better treatment at Ritz Carltons? Thanks.
25% more points
48 hour guaranteed space
Upgrade priority still not confirmed

It's better than a sharp stick in the eye at R-Cs (but still no breakfast for you!)
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supatight80
On the dashboard. It will say how many years to go to be LTP. I took this a few months ago...

Before LTP

After LTP. And soon to be LTPP
Ah ok, I guess it is moot to show it once you hit Lifetime Plat, although it would still be nice to know.

Congrats, btw, for getting over the 750 and 10 year hump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.