Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I have been recognized many times as an Ambassador level customer and at numerous properties in numerous countries. I have never been recognized as P75 however (in years where I didn't hit Amb, I was just recognized as Plat).
I'm guessing I have done ~500 or so nights as an Ambassador Guest...recognized as such 5-6 times maybe? YMMV.
Canada101 likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:39 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Same here...

Probably 4 or 5 years ambassador and only been mentioned 2 or 3 times.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Probably 4 or 5 years ambassador and only been mentioned 2 or 3 times.
Same general experience. 3ish years Ambassador, maybe a handful of stays proactively recognized.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm guessing I have done ~500 or so nights as an Ambassador Guest...recognized as such 5-6 times maybe? YMMV.
I didn't mean to suggest it is a frequent occurrence... although I've been recognized more than you. My point is simply that the FD personnel have access to the data. Whether they choose to use it or recognize it is another matter altogether. Some prior posters have intimated there is no difference between the levels and that the system may not even be able to recognize.

In fact, I was asked to provide a photo to my Ambassador many years ago so that I could be recognized as I walked in. At one hotel in Los Angeles I recall being recognized before I said my name. I asked how they did it and they showed me a printout of the Ambassadors with photos (including mine). I forgot I had previously provided. It can be a nice touch if done properly. Anyway, I don't really care for that... but I do believe tiers matter in terms of in-hotel upgrades and the FD personnel can access the data. Happy we are now LTPP as I believe it will matter at some properties.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Do the spg members that have over 750 nights, 2.0 million points, and 10 years of plat have to wait until January 2019 for LPPP? No one seems to answer my questions
Canada101 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:20 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The way things are written/published now, it appears that these criteria will get you LTPP:

1.) Current MR LT Plat --> new MR LTPP
2.) MR guest with 750 nights + 2MM MR points --> LTPP
3.) SPG member with 750 nights + 10 years in SPG program as LTP --> LTPP

What many people are waiting for is if any combined activity will count to LTPP...for example:
1.) New MR program...Member with combined SPG 1:3 conversion LT MR points + MR points >= 2M + 750 combined program nights... will they get LTPP? Not as the program is written
2.) New MR program...Member with combined SPG Plat years and MR Gold years (since they both have 50 night thresholds) >= 10 combined years + 750 combined program nights. As the public statements go, these members will also not be grandfathered to LTPP.

There seem to be countless permutations seeking clarification. The truth will come out when IT combines the activities from both programs and shows you in August where you stand. In the meantime, there's an extensive sticky thread about this awaiting further answers from our beloved Starwood Lurker.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by puntamita
Do the spg members that have over 750 nights, 2.0 million points, and 10 years of plat have to wait until January 2019 for LPPP? No one seems to answer my questions
Good question......and the same question applies for those of us who will have 100+ Marriott nights and $20,000 Marriott spend before August. Do we get combined program PPwithAMB starting in August, including assignment of an Ambassador? In fact, will the 75% bonus points earning for PP (at 75+ nights to date in 2018) start in August or January?
puntamita likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice to not require points, although ive seen some suggesting there are 'workarounds' (which may not work..)

only adds 2.5 per dollar & 48 hour guarantee & 5 SNA ?
but could include 'more' in future ? (as in past merger ?)
Old May 17, 2018, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by puntamita
The plan right now is you definitely have to wait until January.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
The plan right now is you definitely have to wait until January.
What about current MR LTPs (with over 750 MR nights, over 2 million lifetime MR points and for good measure, over ten years as MR Plat)? Must we also wait until January to be recognized as LTPP and get the new combined program's PP benefits?
Old May 17, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

didnt it say the status starts in august?
Old May 17, 2018, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
didnt it say the status starts in august?
That's what I had thought, but the post I quoted says January for a very straightforward case of SPG LTP with 750+ SPG nights from the Starwood side.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's what I had thought, but the post I quoted says January for a very straightforward case of SPG LTP with 750+ SPG nights from the Starwood side.
Sure, but under the column "Lifetime Elite Status in August" it does say "Grandfathered in to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite". So I'll go by that.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by BillBurn
I think the congrats are limited to SPG LTP with 750+ nights and 10 years platinum, as they will now automatically get grandfathered into LTPP along with Marriott LTPs.

As I understand it, SPG LTPs with less than 750 nights and less than 10 years as a platinum will have until 12/31/18 to reach those milestones and only Marriott nights post 1/1/18 will count towards the SPG 750 lifetime. (Not 100% clear to me if the cutoff is 1/1/18 or 8/1/18).
How can someone have SPG LTP status with less than 10 years of being Platinum elite status?
Old May 18, 2018, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Fanjet
How can someone have SPG LTP status with less than 10 years of being Platinum elite status?
They can't. I'm sure BillBurn meant "SPGLTP (with 10 years and) less than 750 nights"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.