Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:58 am

Maybe it’s as a result of the Marriott IT failure because I just logged in again and see the same thing (iPad login). Although I don’t see the infinity sign.

Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Nope. Not for me. Still showing Platinum Elite (was LT Gold in old Marriott program). 12 years at Platinum and 931 nights in the new program (all Marriott).
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:52 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Mine hasn’t updated my Lifetime Status either.
Shows Lifetime Platinum Elite
Current PPE+A

Well over 750 nights and 11 years Platinum.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I am at combined 9 Years, renewed PP this year with 50+ spg nights. So I am waiting for my additional year to be added which I guess will not happen until the end of the year, if we're lucky. Now it would be encouraging if current combined 10Y 750+ accounts get their LT status upgraded to LTPP.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:44 am

I tried to get a friend to replicate as I know his combined is also over the threshold. He found that when signing into the 29 ways to win, click the top right (your name) after you played the game will show what I see on mine without going through the 29 ways to win site. He said that is the only way his is showing. Weird IT thing going on.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:21 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

THAT WORKED !
Originally Posted by myperks
I tried to get a friend to replicate as I know his combined is also over the threshold. He found that when signing into the 29 ways to win, click the top right (your name) after you played the game will show what I see on mine without going through the 29 ways to win site. He said that is the only way his is showing. Weird IT thing going on.

karenkay likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by damon88

THAT WORKED !
^
karenkay likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I look at my status through the 29ways page, I see LTPP (from legacy LR LTP, although I also had SPG LTP) but it fails to show my Ambassador status.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Can't reproduce. Well over 1000 SPG nights and mid 10th years of PLT on SPG plus maybe 100 nights from LR - still lifetime platinum
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
it worked!

on the app on my iphone. 10years plat w/spg, but needed my nights (meetings) from marriott to make the proper lifetime total.
damon88 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Not me. Still says Lifetime Platinum there. I'm not going to concern myself with this till January.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
huh. did you try accessing through the 29ways website?

i wonder what the metric is. i was lifetime gold with spg prior to the merger, though platinum premier in both programs for the year, so it's an upgrade for me.

was thinking possibly starriott wanted to do something BETTER for members than what they were promising...unlike the rest of the merger so far.

Last edited by karenkay; Oct 20, 2018 at 10:36 am
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by karenkay
huh. did you try accessing through the 29ways website?

i wonder what the metric is. i was lifetime gold with spg prior to the merger, though platinum premier in both programs for the year, so it's an upgrade for me.
I have 900+ nights and 17 total years as a PLT. I clearly qualify for the LTPP, but it's not there under 29ways or any other way yet. I was LTG with SPG. I am listed as LTP with Marriott now.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
When I log in through www.marriott.com, it shows Platinum Premier Elite, when through https://moments.marriottrewards.com, it shows Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite. Actually both statuses are correct.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:38 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Well, using the 29ways.marriott.com website, I am seeing that I am correctly listed as "Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite". However, I don't think the info is "safe" until I see it on the main website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.