Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
I already merged accounts and have 10 yrs plat but only 735 nights so not expecting LTPP
But I am wondering how to find LT points?? Only points I now have in my account are displayed ( just used a bunch for a European trip and have used many throughout the years)
Why do you care about lifetime points if you have ten years Plat? Why does it matter to you? You'll automatically have LTP in the new combined program at 600 nights and 10 Plat years.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:06 am

Hi guys - question. I had 8 years of platinum earlier this year, requalified as platinum with SPG (in july) and also qualified as platinum with marriott this year - I inquired about this prior to merger and was told that if I qualify as platinum in both programs this year, it would count as two years. Now, after merger, my account shows 9 years only (and 800 nights). Ambassador doesn't seem able to fix. Any advice?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by honflyer
Hi guys - question. I had 8 years of platinum earlier this year, requalified as platinum with SPG (in july) and also qualified as platinum with marriott this year - I inquired about this prior to merger and was told that if I qualify as platinum in both programs this year, it would count as two years. Now, after merger, my account shows 9 years only (and 800 nights). Ambassador doesn't seem able to fix. Any advice?
Have you combined your accounts? Did you grab screenshots of years before doing the combination? This may be lower on their priority list. Things continue to change so it may happen on its own. I am sure they will be fielding support issues for many months to come.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
I already merged accounts and have 10 yrs plat but only 735 nights so not expecting LTPP
But I am wondering how to find LT points?? Only points I now have in my account are displayed ( just used a bunch for a European trip and have used many throughout the years)
You are SO close to LTPP! Do you have any planned stays during the next few months thru 12/31? Could you add a few more nights to those you’ve already planned? Either inexpensive local nights or those paid with points? I think LTPP will be a better status to have for the long run. And you are SO close! (Just make sure your lifetime nights are correct before you add any extra stays!)

Last edited by Travelosopher; Sep 7, 2018 at 6:35 pm Reason: Typos
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why do you care about lifetime points if you have ten years Plat? Why does it matter to you? You'll automatically have LTP in the new combined program at 600 nights and 10 Plat years.
Just curious about how many points I have collected/earned over the years
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
So after the new year no one will be able to become a new LT PP? This category will only contain members from 2018 and earlier?
Correct.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why the "sic"? You're = you are: Good, but you are MR LTP.....
Good question. I may have been sleep posting.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
There was a post on Marriott insiders as to how to display the aug. 18th point value, but I no longer can find it. I know it worked as I have a screen capture after doing so.

if you are so close to 750, consider doing a Marriott event for a 10 night credit (assuming you haven't already done this), and then look for some cat 1 award stays and/or cheap rates.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:07 am

Question

Am I the only one confused by the way the Wiki is phrased?

PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 Marriott Rewards nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years as Platinum members previously under MR or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019
Why under MR or SPG and not "... & 10 years as Platinum [MR+SPG]"?

So to make it crystal clear, that Platinum years combined from both elite programs count towards achieving the Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite criteria?

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have to say I'm not going out of my way to stay at Marriott properties now until my status is updated in January with LTPP. I have the nights and years now, so to tell me I have to wait for a *batch run* to run at a time 4 months from now....it's just not a priority of mine.

On top of that, I had a single one night stay at a JW last weekend where I couldn't get an upgrade of any kind although they were selling all kinds of better rooms, including rooms on the club floor. If that's the typical experience, I think my prior SPG experience has spoiled me. What good is being PLT if I can't even get an open room on the club floor?
decentmove likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by decentmove
Am I the only one confused by the way the Wiki is phrased?

Why under MR or SPG and not "... & 10 years as Platinum [MR+SPG]"?

So to make it crystal clear, that Platinum years combined from both elite programs count towards achieving the Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite criteria?

Thanks
Yes, 10 years combined of SPG platinum and Marriott old-Gold-50-nights.

I've tweaked the wiki to try to clarify.
decentmove likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RichMSN
On top of that, I had a single one night stay at a JW last weekend where I couldn't get an upgrade of any kind although they were selling all kinds of better rooms, including rooms on the club floor. If that's the typical experience, I think my prior SPG experience has spoiled me. What good is being PLT if I can't even get an open room on the club floor?
It's just a different culture - reactive upgrades (after people ask for it) vs. proactive ones
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:57 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
and you don’t think it’s worthwhile to stay 15 more nights over the next 4 months to gain LTPP?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by dsquared37
My understanding is only legacy MR members with 750/2M pts would receive it on Aug 18 and everyone else who qualifies would when the one sweep is run in Jan '19.
This is my understanding as well, based on the probably 1,000+ posts I've now read about this subject.

On another note, my pre-combined lifetime nights are now showing correctly on both MR and SPG apps and websites.

Glacially, but surely...
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This is my understanding as well, based on the probably 1,000+ posts I've now read about this subject.

On another note, my pre-combined lifetime nights are now showing correctly on both MR and SPG apps and websites.

Glacially, but surely...
Lots of desires have been floated on FT. Some of them shot down, some stuck. The ability to get LTPP with 750+ combined nights and 2M+ MR points was one of the final additions to the list. MR wiggles a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.