Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
It would also help you to qualify to LTPP if your nights actually posted into your account. Which they currently don't.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
So after the new year no one will be able to become a new LT PP? This category will only contain members from 2018 and earlier?
This is correct.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am confused. I thought SPG LTP with over 750 nights and ten years on Aug 18 would get Lifetime Plat Premiere Elite on Aug 18. I have not gotten that in my account.

Has anyone gotten LPPE?

I thought people who got over 750 nights after combining accounts or by qualifying after Aug 18 but before Dec 31 would get LPPE in January.

I am seeing conflictings reports with some saying we should have gotten and Marriott says all accounts reflecting properly. Others say to wait
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I am confused. I thought SPG LTP with over 750 nights and ten years on Aug 18 would get Lifetime Plat Premiere Elite on Aug 18. I have not gotten that in my account.

Has anyone gotten LPPE?

I thought people who got over 750 nights after combining accounts or by qualifying after Aug 18 but before Dec 31 would get LPPE in January.

I am seeing conflictings reports with some saying we should have gotten and Marriott says all accounts reflecting properly. Others say to wait
Only legacy MR LTP (750 nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points) by August are supposed to have LTPP now. Everyone else, including everyone who hopes to qualify by one of the alternative paths, must wait until January.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SHLTP

Has anyone gotten LPPE?

My understanding is only legacy MR members with 750/2M pts would receive it on Aug 18 and everyone else who qualifies would when the one sweep is run in Jan '19.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you both for the clarification. Much appreciated.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
In the transition I lost my 5 night credit from the SPG Amex card.
The nights re-appeared this week
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by shuuy
Both the total nights and total YTD dollar spend still seem to be bouncing around and not yet correct. Any idea as to when these items will be remedied on both the website and app? Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
I've tried my best to obtain the answer from this thread without much luck.

When the app says "Years As Plat Elite or Higher" when does it roll over? Does it wait til the end of the year or immediately after obtaining Plat status that year?

The reason I ask is that I'm on the cusp. The app shows that I have already obtained plat this year and that I have 9 years total at plat or higher.

Question: Will I be grandfathered in come 1/2019 or am I behind by a full year?

Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by zedthedeadpoet
I've tried my best to obtain the answer from this thread without much luck.

When the app says "Years As Plat Elite or Higher" when does it roll over? Does it wait til the end of the year or immediately after obtaining Plat status that year?

The reason I ask is that I'm on the cusp. The app shows that I have already obtained plat this year and that I have 9 years total at plat or higher.

Question: Will I be grandfathered in come 1/2019 or am I behind by a full year?

There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer here. Some say annually, some say anniversary date, and some say earned date). When did or have you earned status for next year yet? Do you have any status years in the MR program? Those should add once combined and if you get nudged into LTPP status (>750 LT nights and >10 years Platinum status).
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:48 am

I already merged accounts and have 10 yrs plat but only 735 nights so not expecting LTPP
But I am wondering how to find LT points?? Only points I now have in my account are displayed ( just used a bunch for a European trip and have used many throughout the years)
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
Originally Posted by RogerD408
There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer here. Some say annually, some say anniversary date, and some say earned date). When did or have you earned status for next year yet? Do you have any status years in the MR program? Those should add once combined and if you get nudged into LTPP status (>750 LT nights and >10 years Platinum status).
Yes, I already earned status for next year. Did it a few months back. And the screenshot reflects my combined accounts.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by shuuy
My 10 nights from personal and business cards are reflected in annual nights but not lifetime nights, which is what I expected.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I already merged accounts and have 10 yrs plat but only 735 nights so not expecting LTPP
But I am wondering how to find LT points?? Only points I now have in my account are displayed ( just used a bunch for a European trip and have used many throughout the years)
GIven LT points will have no value going forward, I do not expect them to provide that data. Your best bet would have been to do a screenshot of your MR account before 8/18 (fire up your wayback machine). But I thought I saw a point balance being displayed when others attempted to combine their accounts. If the number is important to you, you might try an email requesting the data. I wouldn't expect it to get an immediate response and holding off until things settle out may be wise.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
I took screenshots of my account before 8/18. While on a call about something else, a MPG rep confirmed that they can see current balance even if we can’t. I was over 2 MM points on 8/17 and my current balance was as expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.