Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The poster was asking about LTPP.
You're right... but s/he might have been confusing LTP and LTPP as there is a mention of attaining one of the goals (500 nights) but being 3 yrs short and two specific mentions of LTP before finally mentioning LTPP in the last part of the post.

Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
I am a SPG member who stayed over 500 nights already, which is one of the 2 threshold that need to be attained to get the Lifetime platinum status, but i only got 7 years of elite status, which is 3 years short of the 10 years requirement. I know i haven't fulfilled both criteria, but do you think there will be a chance for me to get the lifetime platinum status after the SPG program combined with Marriott? Because i am done with the nights already, and i just need to keep the elite status for 3 more years, which should not be a problem for me if the SPG program still exist....but now i am 70% complete and the program got merged. Any chance i can fight for getting the lifetime platinum premier if i keep the elite status in the coming 3 years?
In any case, and for avoidance of doubt: LTPP is out of reach, while LTP will take the OP an additional 3 years of Plat status to reach LTP (now requiring 10 years and 600 nights).

Last edited by RafKa; Aug 10, 2018 at 2:42 pm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by RafKa
You're right... but s/he might have been confusing LTP and LTPP as there is a mention of attaining one of the goals (500 nights) but being 3 yrs short and a specific mention of LTP before finally mentioning LTPP in the last part of the post.
I see that now. Maybe there are people who think there will be no more lifetime status in the new program?
RafKa likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
You're right... but s/he might have been confusing LTP and LTPP as there is a mention of attaining one of the goals (500 nights) but being 3 yrs short and two specific mentions of LTP before finally mentioning LTPP in the last part of the post.

In any case, and for avoidance of doubt: LTPP is out of reach, while LTP will take the OP an additional 3 years of Plat status to reach LTP (now requiring 10 years and 600 nights).
Sorry for the confusion, i was referring to LTPP. I will reach 750 nights before end of this year, but i am still 3 years short of the 10 years platinum status requirement. So there is no way to get LTPP, right?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
Sorry for the confusion, i was referring to LTPP. I will reach 750 nights before end of this year, but i am still 3 years short of the 10 years platinum status requirement. So there is no way to get LTPP, right?
No - sorry. That being said, maybe they'll decide to reopen Lifetime Platinum Premier further down the line.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Poster was referencing SPG LT Plats with 750+ nights, not just any SPG LT Plat (like those 500-749 nights)
LT Plat is not a requirement is what I'm saying. It's just the nights and years that matter.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I have 400 marriott nights and 351 spg nights (10+ combined MR Gold/Plat. and SPG Plat years). Currently, I have no LT status with Marriott and LT Gold with SPG. On Aug 18th, will I have LTPP status?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:30 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by araknis
I have 400 marriott nights and 351 spg nights (10+ combined MR Gold/Plat. and SPG Plat years). Currently, I have no LT status with Marriott and LT Gold with SPG. On Aug 18th, will I have LTPP status?
it would appear so.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:22 am

I think combined lifetime nights will count towards LTPP until end of December and qualified members will be informed of their LTPP in January 2019.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I think combined lifetime nights will count towards LTPP until end of December and qualified members will be informed of their LTPP in January 2019.
I read that too, but it seems like LTPP is the exception. All other LT statuses will count with combined nights on the 18th? Looks like I just wasted my time doing a Marriott meeting to try and get LTPP for my upcoming stay which will naturally get me to LTPP afterwards.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by araknis
I read that too, but it seems like LTPP is the exception. All other LT statuses will count with combined nights on the 18th? Looks like I just wasted my time doing a Marriott meeting to try and get LTPP for my upcoming stay which will naturally get me to LTPP afterwards.
You should be LTP immediately when you combine accounts, so you will get most of the benefits you would get with LTPP.
  • Lounge Access: Yes
  • Welcome Amenity/Breakfast: Yes
  • Guaranteed Room Type: Yes
  • UG Order: Nobody is clear how real a benefit this will be but you UG chances are probably just as low with either status.
  • 48 Hour Guaranty: Irrelevant, you already have a reservation.
You did not have to have the meeting, correct, but if you did so to make sure you got the benefits you are really getting most of the benefits so it is not like you really lost anything.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by CJKatl
  • UG Order: Nobody is clear how real a benefit this will be but you UG chances are probably just as low with either status
How do you know this? Experience at either SPG or Marriott? Or hearsay?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by supatight80
How do you know this? Experience at either SPG or Marriott? Or hearsay?
IME, your history with a property carries more weight than anything else. When I do repeated stays, they remember me, they remember my room preference, they know I may show up early and usually my room is ready. I even had one property where if the restaurant staff saw me checking in, they had my drink on a table when I came back down for dinner! Those properties where it's apparent I'm just passing through town, not so much attention. It's those place I look for my status to give me an edge over some at a lower tier. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I've had some properties believe that once you make Plat, you are Plat for life (and they were shocked when I explained how it really worked). Some had no idea what status meant at all, or did they care. So as we say here often YMMV.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:37 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
From the new leaked terms and conditions (which could change)

4.3.c.ii Platinum members are not guaranteed a suite upgrade even if suites are available. At The Ritz-Carlton, only Platinum Premier members will be considered for suite upgrades.

One of the first distinctions between Platinum and Platinum Premiere.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by damon88
From the new leaked terms and conditions (which could change)

4.3.c.ii Platinum members are not guaranteed a suite upgrade even if suites are available. At The Ritz-Carlton, only Platinum Premier members will be considered for suite upgrades.

One of the first distinctions between Platinum and Platinum Premiere.
I'm not sure this is any different than reality (not guaranteed a suite), but I do have to wonder if the great upgrade percentage I've gotten at SPG is about to get dramatically worse after this weekend.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I'm not sure this is any different than reality (not guaranteed a suite), but I do have to wonder if the great upgrade percentage I've gotten at SPG is about to get dramatically worse after this weekend.
Yes, there may very well be more higher-tier members, but keep in mind the entire pool has gotten bigger with people having to choose from many more properties. It's nice being a big fish in a little pond, but a lot more relaxing being a big fish in a big pond.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.