Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn, Ocean City, MD [Master Thread]

Old May 5, 2018, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.

Residence Inn

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Residence Inn

300 Sea Bay Dr Ocean CIty, MD US

Brand New RI, Ocean CIty, MD (0 Photo)

Residence Inn

A quick overnight stay for college baseball playoffs.

Booked a studio king, given corner 1 BR suite. 

Hotel opened 5 days prior and still off season, so in learning mode.  Check in was rough.    Lobby and breakfast area are huge, free business center.  Indoor pool on the 8th floor.  Outdoor pool not ready yet.

Breakfast was plentiful with attentive staff. 

Check In

A little painful.  New staff unsure about how to handle elite check in and did not know many of the answers.

Room

Room was brand spanking new.  Nice neutral decor, sectional sofa with outlets and USB plugs built in.  1BR = full kitchen.  Wrap around balcony was huge.  LR door opened to the bay.  BR door faced the ocean which is about 5 blocks across.  Word of caution, knowing the area, the LR door faces a local nightclub about 10 blocks downbay.  It is a VERY popular place that gets loud at night.  ALL rooms have balcony doors facing this facility. 

Bath was large, spacious, shower only.  Paul Mitchell products.

LR TV was large and included good channels and netflix.  Internet was strong. 

Bedroom was the only struggle.  Obviously the mattress is brand new, but not comfortable AT ALL.  Stiff, hard, unbearable.  I dont think it is even a pillow top.  I slept on the sofa.  The TV in the BR never worked.  It had a please wait logo for 30+ minutes. 

Refrigerator ice maker did not work.  One design flaw, the under sink cabinet door opens to the left, with the handle firmly slamming onto the glass oven door.  Unless these are unbreakable, I predict a rowdy crowd problem. 

Brand New RI, Ocean CIty, MD

Would you like to write a review on the Residence Inn?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 5, 2018, 7:19 pm
soy

Programs: various
Missing critical information for a Hotel review, specifically what country/city/area this hotel actually is located in.........
Old May 5, 2018, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

well considering I typed the full address into the form, I assumed it would carry over
Old May 5, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
FWIW, i have always found the queen mattresses at RI's very hard and firm for some reason which is fine for ME.

I've had obviously, old sink in 'U"conditioned mattresses at FS proprieties like the SAN Marina that killed my back. YRWV
Old May 6, 2018, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm glad that there is another choice in OC
My son plays in baseball tournaments in the area and having a RI will be a nice option
Old May 6, 2018, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
My son plays in baseball tournaments in the area and having a RI will be a nice option
I thought OC = Orange County (CA), or is that just "the OC"?
Old May 6, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
SATB?

We were having college baseball playoffs at Salisbury Univ. Salisbury itself was booked solid due to baseball, track, lacrosse and softball playoffs all at SU.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:56 am

Property Location

Originally Posted by soy
Missing critical information for a Hotel review, specifically what country/city/area this hotel actually is located in.........
Property address is 300 Seabay Lane, Ocean City, MD. The loud 'club' is Seacrets - Jamaica USA. A great indoor/outdoor venue!
Old May 6, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
There is another RI in Bethany Beach, DE, about 20 miles north from this one. Both of them seem to be a tad steep for off-season during the week. They should do quite well during the season. I will wait for some warm days next March. :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.