Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Milwaukee Airport - Park/Sleep/Fly [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I know this probably isn't a proper master thread, but there's nothing on FT talking about this property.

So, this was a Clarion and is actually right next to MKE. They also had some of the cheapest park/stay/fly packages when a Clarion.

I need to fly from MKE in July and I thought I'd give this rebrand a try. Called the hotel looking for park and fly packages. They said they sold them, sent me to central reservations, none in the system. Cheapest rate $132, prepaid, doesn't include parking.

Third party website ParkSleepFly.com will sell me a week's parking AND the room for $109.

So I guess I won't be checking this place out. I don't really need the night/stay credit, but the fact that I can't get booking through Starwood what I can get through some third party website just irks me. And I will not get the Starpoints and the night/stay credit.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Was there a month ago, undergoing renos. Don't know what exactly is going on w/ parking but we paid for rooms and friends drove us down as we were traveling together. Two P&F areas, one on W side of hotel and another behind a fence beyond that. Parking spaces VERY small behind gate. Came back from trip and both cars full of seagull crap, one car had been backed into an a scuff in bumper. Went to tell hotel what happened and they said they had no policies yet to address that and no cameras in that area to monitor.

Nice hotel, directly across from airport, nice shuttle service, and good access on/off airport road to 43N, but since they have such loose parking policies and appears to be just looking to make some quick $ off of it with no controls/accountability for damage, I will not be back. I'll stay at the Westin or Aloft Downtown or the Sheraton in Brookfield before I am back there.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
Was there a month ago, undergoing renos. Don't know what exactly is going on w/ parking but we paid for rooms and friends drove us down as we were traveling together. Two P&F areas, one on W side of hotel and another behind a fence beyond that. Parking spaces VERY small behind gate. Came back from trip and both cars full of seagull crap, one car had been backed into an a scuff in bumper. Went to tell hotel what happened and they said they had no policies yet to address that and no cameras in that area to monitor.

Nice hotel, directly across from airport, nice shuttle service, and good access on/off airport road to 43N, but since they have such loose parking policies and appears to be just looking to make some quick $ off of it with no controls/accountability for damage, I will not be back. I'll stay at the Westin or Aloft Downtown or the Sheraton in Brookfield before I am back there.
Thanks. I think we'll just skip and park in one of the lots we normally use. Was thinking about doing a night in Milwaukee before leaving the next day, but we're only 80 miles from the airport, so it's not something we needed to do.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Quick overnight to ATL, so we stayed and parked there. Free parking for our stay night, $6.50 for tonight. It wasn't on our bill, so who knows - maybe they'll charge us upon pickup.

The parking for long term is in a gated area and only their shuttle driver can open the gate. Seemed secure to me.

Hotel: 7000 Starpoints. Club Level Room. Upgraded.

Description on the newly upgraded res promised 2 free drinks in the bar and breakfast. When not offered this, I asked and was told....oh, no, ypu used points. We don't give free drinks and breakfast on points reservations. She claimed the upgrade was a bottle of water and mouthwash in the room. Yay.

When I showed her the confirmation on my phone, she relented on the drinks. We left too early for breakfast. She wasn't happy, though. This was a Clarion and I could tell she wasn't really happy dealing with "the whole SPG thing."

Room nice except for wall unit aircon that kept shutting itself off. When I got it to stay on by bypassing the wall thermostat, it was loud enough to drown out all hope of sleeping and the unit beeped 5 times every minute or so. Room still hot. I unplugged the unit and was hot all night. I'd give this place a pass just for this reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.