Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:23 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Call me crazy, but I think the discussion has digressed from what may be a good or bad Ambassador experience into a debate about the proper disposal of toiletries. If that topic can garner so much debate, it stands to reason that an Ambassador request to tailor such experiences isn't necessarily an Ambassador issue as much as one for specific hotels and perhaps hotel brands to execute or not.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Call me crazy, but I think the discussion has digressed from what may be a good or bad Ambassador experience into a debate about the proper disposal of toiletries. If that topic can garner so much debate, it stands to reason that an Ambassador request to tailor such experiences isn't necessarily an Ambassador issue as much as one for specific hotels and perhaps hotel brands to execute or not.
Perhaps the interest suggests I'm not a celebrity diva for thinking about it

That being said, I wasn't seeking to digress into the discussion of plastic toiletries, the Pacific garbage patch, or the waste associated with protecting ourselves from crazies (how about those tylenol packs

I believe the issue I was raising is that since SPG and Marriott historically advertised the program as "Platinum Gets Personal," whether ambassadors will work with the hotel to make some minor steps to personalize the room. For example, in your case, you ask the ambassador to make sure the room is preset to a certain temperature. Another poster works a family photo and diet Coke ...well diet Pepsi in his room into contracts. A poster who kindly provided some info to me in a PM has his ambassador coordinate some other minor steps to personalize a room.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
The good SPG ambassadors are leaving the boat...
Mine left in august and the new one just announced me today she is leaving Marriott too...
What a pain for them and for us...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by frenchft
The good SPG ambassadors are leaving the boat...
Mine left in august and the new one just announced me today she is leaving Marriott too...
What a pain for them and for us...
Any reason given, at least from yours? (Probably not, but hey I'm curious)
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Any reason given, at least from yours? (Probably not, but hey I'm curious)
no. I tried but she stayed very corporate and professional. What I can understand.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Apologies. As a real estate developer I have about a 5 second attention span.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
This is probably answered in one of the many posts about Ambassador status but I was unable to find.

Do the 100 nights required include only paid butt in bed nights, certificate/point redemption butt in bed nights, credit card nights, rewarding event nights, or a specific combo of the above (or are there other qualifying nights as well)? Maybe Starwood Lurker can assist? Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mindrisa
This is probably answered in one of the many posts about Ambassador status but I was unable to find.

Do the 100 nights required include only paid butt in bed nights, certificate/point redemption butt in bed nights, credit card nights, rewarding event nights, or a specific combo of the above (or are there other qualifying nights as well)? Maybe Starwood Lurker can assist? Thanks!
Butt in bed nights. Award butt in bed nights. Credit card 15 nights credits. 10 nights for first meeting each year, and 1 extra night for every 20 group contract rooms consumed. All of those count toward your 100 nights required. All laid out in the terms and conditions and multiple threads.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Butt in bed nights. Award butt in bed nights. Credit card 15 nights credits. 10 nights for first meeting each year, and 1 extra night for every 20 group contract rooms consumed. All of those count toward your 100 nights required. All laid out in the terms and conditions and multiple threads.
... and don't forget birthday nights, if you get those.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by RogerD408
... and don't forget birthday nights, if you get those.

So .., for those who aren't in the meetings/group travel biz, seems like you could qualify with 75 (perhaps 74 with a the elusive birthday night) actual overnight stays. And the 20k spend, of course.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
So .., for those who aren't in the meetings/group travel biz, seems like you could qualify with 75 (perhaps 74 with a the elusive birthday night) actual overnight stays. And the 20k spend, of course.
For Ambassador status, it's 100 nights (or 99 with whatever this birthday night thing is, I guess)...Not 75.

-mvitale
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe c17spgr means 74 if you count :
1 for birthday night (havent reach my birthday yet so not sure how elusive it is )
10 for first meeting (worth to do if people short +- 10 nights as MR not count multiple room credit anymore)
15 from credit card (not available everywhere)
C17PSGR and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I believe c17spgr means 74 if you count :
1 for birthday night (havent reach my birthday yet so not sure how elusive it is )
10 for first meeting (worth to do if people short +- 10 nights as MR not count multiple room credit anymore)
15 from credit card (not available everywhere)
exactly

With 20k in spend of course.

And for myself, I'm at 110+ actual nights, no meetings, and 15 for the credit card. I'm also in the 20s on spend so easily qualified.

but I've never had a birthday night in the MR program so maybe it's a unicorn ....

But theoretically, with 20k spend, a credit card, and a meeting, one could qualify with 75 actual nights.

of course, what that actually gets you ...is a subject of.debate in this thread.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
Ambassador Program Declining Performance

Has anyone else noticed a drastic reduction in quality of service from the Ambassador desk? In the last three weeks I've had repeated instances of them being unable to find my reservations, extended delays (24hours+) in responding and one instance of total non-response. My confidence in their ability to get things done is shot. I'm now resigned to setting reminders on their tasks - which virtually obviates their "convenience."
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:47 am

The ambassador program has a history...which is why there are already plenty of threads on it.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.