Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by swintec
in the above screenshot in fine print, it states they will give ambassador to those who stay 100 nights with marriott rewards hotels. that's new isnt it?
Marriott has had an unpublished ambassador program for at least a couple of years. I'm not sure how I was selected for the unpublished program but I have several consecutive years over 100 nights per year and have been a Plat Premier (another unpublished program) for at least 10 years or so.

The program is now published and requires 100 nights per year (can be combined across programs) and annual spend in excess of $20,000.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by bhrubin

As previously stated, your nights will be combined...but combined Marriott with SPG nights also requires the minimum $20K spending to qualify for Ambassador status. Only if you reach 100 nights only with legacy SPG hotels in 2018 do you not need the $20K spending. But 2018 is the last year that SPG 100 nights without $20K spend will qualify.
But OP here is already MR LTP, resulting in LTPP going forward, no?

Originally Posted by Commie
I am already a lifetime MR Platinum now.

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:41 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
But OP here is already MR LTP, resulting in LTPP going forward, no?
Yes. Obviously. Unrelated to what that person was asking about for Ambassador status, though.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez

Yes. Obviously. Unrelated to what that person was asking about for Ambassador status, though.
Sorry if I’m confused. My read was that the question related to poster’s ambassador status in 2019. In that year, as LTPP on account of existing MR LTP, that’s not in question - or am I missing something?

Edit: I see now that there is in fact a distinction between the non-spend LTPP status and the $20k level. I have been sidelined from travel for most of 2018, and am still trying to come up to speed on all of the latest developments (literally tens of thousands of posts here on FT alone!).

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Aug 13, 2018 at 9:02 pm Reason: Reviewed current (future) MR elite benefits chart
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:36 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
An interesting data point from @frenchft regarding the new priorities for suite upgrades is extremely favorable to Ambassador level guests. Bolding mine.

Originally Posted by frenchft
Confirmed yesterday to me by a GM and zone Area :
Even more than before because they will have access to the details : 50/75/ambassador (before they had at check in only : platinum without details), they will re-inforce the order of priorities.
Sounds quite normal and logical.

Sounds that the new software will bring them more informations about the status without having to click here and there.

So as they told me the order will be, at least in those properties :
- Ambassador returning guest
- Ambassador
- Returning guest (with plat status)

the feeling I had during the talk is that they will really focus more on ambassador guests than before.
frenchft likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Other information they shared is that they expect to get the new software to be fully deployed starting November.
The other thing they expect when I mentioned them that the number of platinum will be huge till December (match with gold) it's that for them, marriott guys will continue to focus with marriott and spg loyalist with spg... I'm not sure that will be the case, but for them upgrade availability will be same as before. Let's see how things goes during this transition time.

But what is sure it's that because of the fact a lot of ex marriott gold will be able to become platinum more easy than before they will focus on the returning guest and ambassador + 75 more than before.

It's a feedback from people working on operation, not sure Marriot gets the same analysis, but at least it give a data point from insiders.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
An interesting data point from @frenchft regarding the new priorities for suite upgrades is extremely favorable to Ambassador level guests. Bolding mine.

as we are talking about ambassador I'm very surprised (in fact not really based on previous experience) I didn't received from her any informations about the merger, disruption etc. How your ambassador managed the merger period with you?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:38 am

SPG guys: what can Ambassadors do?

Lifetime Plat w/ Marriott and just got my Ambassador status there after the merger with SPG. New to this whole Ambassador business -- for you SPG-ers out there, what can an Ambassador help me with that the hotel concierge can't?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
This is probably the wrong thread, so apologies.

Data points from me and my SO (chose this thread to define spending toward ambassador):

SO: Even though she's Platinum Premier Elite, her progress bar to reach ambassador credits her with 39 nights, which represent BIB nights only. No CC, no rollover from 2017. Also her YTD spend is EXACTLY her base points divided by 10.

Me: Properly tagged as LT PPE. Current status is Platinum Premier Elite + Ambassador. Nights and spend show 100 & $20K (so clearly they'll not increase the tally once ambassador is achieved - I'm well over 100 nights BIB).

Functionally, the only thing I can't do is "view gifts". It takes me to another login screen "choice-benefit.marriott.com:433". My normal login does not work on this dialog box.

Other than that, It looks like Marriott did a pretty damn good job on the conversion, at least for us.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
So as they told me the order will be, at least in those properties :
- Ambassador returning guest
- Ambassador
- Returning guest (with plat status)
That would be fantastic. I also like the idea of AMB returning guests to have priority over AMB first timers.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
YMMV (highly dependent on the ambassadors, at least for SPG), but I feel some random quests such as could you request a corner room etc might be fulfilled ahead of time instead of at check-in (also you only need one point of contact instead of dealing with multiple hotel concierges), could you book this hotel for me from XX to XX etc. It was definitely not a game changer for me, probably because my ambassador didn't do too much, not even a birthday email/gift.

Not sure how it will change under Marriott's umbrella.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a thread on this in the Marriott forum, but it's ugly. I hope this one gets more reasonable responses.

OTOH, does anyone know the procedure and timing for Ambassador assignments?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Can we start with where one finds the contact info for their ambassador? Have a link to a page with lots of info on benefits, but am not able to find out how to contact.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Michilander
Can we start with where one finds the contact info for their ambassador? Have a link to a page with lots of info on benefits, but am not able to find out how to contact.
It takes few weeks for the ambassador to be assigned to you, once one is assigned to you, he/she will get in touch and discuss your preferences during the welcome call.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by porkie
It takes few weeks for the ambassador to be assigned to you, once one is assigned to you, he/she will get in touch and discuss your preferences during the welcome call.
Thanks, porkie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.