Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
The lapel pin is interesting but ... I've never been given one in 2500 nights ...

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the "Griffin Club" at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge. I've never stayed at the Desert Ridge but the Griffin Club generally is long the lines of the RC Club and has benefits at that property.

I have stayed in the Griffin Club section at the JW Cabo but didn't get a lapel pin and the pool/club section there is small enough that they recognize everyone.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Wow! No posts since June 23rd. I check this thread out every week or so to see if Ambassador Elites are seeing improvements in their experience with their Ambassadors. Surprised to see it way down on page 10.

Is everyone happy?

James
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Not making a ton of requests or have many stays at this point, but I have noticed an uptick in responsiveness from mine
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
I recently had two very good experiences with the ambassador service and my ambassador specifically.
  1. Just had an ambassador welcome package in the mail containing two high-quality pens and a really laptop case. Thank you, Marriott!
  2. Just came back from an awards stay in the Netherlands. I had asked my ambassador for a few extra preparations of my room, because this was the first vacation my wife and I were having with our two babies (6-month old twins). Everything worked perfectly there and everything was prepared/organized as I had requested.

But what was really great was, that I come back from vacation to find two large packages in my mail, containing two baby sit me up seats (
    similar to this one here similar to this one here
    ) for the babies. I really hadn't expected that and was REALLY pleasantly surprised. This goes way beyond what I expected from the ambassador program, which I normally do not use a lot.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Many people get this survey?Dear XXXX,

Providing you an exceptional experience is our top priority. As a Marriott Bonvoy™ Ambassador Elite member, your feedback about Ambassador Service is extremely valuable.

Please complete this important survey by Wednesday, July 24, 2019 to share your thoughts and insights about your Ambassador Service experience. Responses and insights may be shared with ambassador teams, Member Support centers and Marriott® leadership.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Many people get this survey?Dear XXXX,

Providing you an exceptional experience is our top priority. As a Marriott Bonvoy™ Ambassador Elite member, your feedback about Ambassador Service is extremely valuable.

Please complete this important survey by Wednesday, July 24, 2019 to share your thoughts and insights about your Ambassador Service experience. Responses and insights may be shared with ambassador teams, Member Support centers and Marriott® leadership.
I received this today, it was fast to fill out.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Yes, I got it too and it was so quick to fill out, and the question so vague and open-ended, that it left me suspicious they're really going to do anything with them.
newbiztraveler likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:20 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Ambassador Survey

If you haven't filled out your Ambassador survey yet, here are some suggestions to ask Marriott to improve the Ambassador service (feel free to adjust order based on your own priorities!):

(1) Full breakfast benefit for Ambassadors at all brands including Edition and any RC that doesn't have a Club

(2) Waiving of all resort/destination fees for Ambassadors

(3) Added incentives for staying above 100 nights and/or spending more than $20K (perhaps more SNAs, Cat 6-7 free night certs, Cat 8 free night certs, earning more than 75% bonus points, ultra-SNAs that guarantee upgrades at time of booking like Hyatt TSUs, etc)

(4) Better Your24 reliability and availability

(5) Earning more points than the Titanium 75% bonus

(6) Providing 2+ bottles of water for every Ambassador regardless of brand

(7) Including spending at non-stay Bonvoy hotels towards the $20K Ambassador spending threshold

(8) Improving communication and response times for Ambassadors with their guests

What do you think?
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’d agree with 2 and 4 especially.

For me given the large number of issues that I have I would like their priority to be committing to reliably following through on service/ website issues experienced by Ambassadors with a proper issue logging system. There are a few things I’ve raised by my Ambassador and either been kicked up to Corporate or down to properties which I’ve chased a few times over a couple of months and eventually given up on.

It’s clear that customer service overall has completely gotten away from Marriott, but there is no reason not to setup a smaller system to at least ensure Ambassadors don’t fall foul to the same screw-ups as everyone else.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jul 10, 2019 at 10:37 pm
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I took the survey to be about the Ambassador themselves, not the Ambassador Elite status.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Scathing would be the best description of my responses to the Ambassador survey I was sent today. Who knows if they will listen, but my guess is all is not well at Marriott these days. Someone must realize bookings are down and some customers have disappeared?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I received the survey this morning after re-qualifying for Ambassador status through to 2021 [yay!] and filled it in. I specifically referenced that the Your24 benefit needs to be brought back into the control of Ambassador Elite guests themselves via the website/app the way it used to be under SPG rather than reaching out to Ambassadors in a time-wasting separate step, and that there needs to be more differentiation from Titanium status in the form of more bonuses, greater customer service and guest-facing benefits.

I hope this survey is taken into consideration by Marriott's higher-ups; I've found that the Ambassador experience has gotten better since February 2019, and only hope that its pencil sharpens more with time.

khabah
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Am I the only person who didn’t get it?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
No, you're not.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I did not get one either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.