Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I wouldn’t necessarily expect anything - I’ve had 3 points stays and haven’t got anything back.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by damon88
I have been wondering when someone else would report receiving this letter. Congrats!!
I meant to add, it's only a two-night stay -- so it's not clear if I'm getting back one night's points or half the points.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:22 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Well this is a first for me; after my ambassador proactively reached out to me re my upcoming stay (for which I was overjoyed and expecting the best possible upgrade), I was downgraded from my paid room to a lower category room for "better views" !!
Nazdoom likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Zol
Well this is a first for me; after my ambassador proactively reached out to me re my upcoming stay (for which I was overjoyed and expecting the best possible upgrade), I was downgraded from my paid room to a lower category room for "better views" !!
I had that happen to me at the W Union Square on a paid stay (and my ambassador had reached out).

Fortunately for me my ambassador hasn’t reached out to me at all this year despite a vacation of a lifetime a few months ago and I have had no downgrades.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Wonderful stay on 6/8 at the St Regis Mexico City. Ambassdor helped secure Luxury Suite upgrade 2 months out. Service and Ambassdor recognition is the best I have experienced as an Ambassdor.

bhrubin and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I meant to add, it's only a two-night stay -- so it's not clear if I'm getting back one night's points or half the points.
Aren't they the same for a 2 night stay?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Aren't they the same for a 2 night stay?
That was precisely my point. I've heard two different possibilities on this forum and elsewhere: either you get 1 night's points back or you get half the points back. From my experience there's no way to tell which of these is the true.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:26 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
That was precisely my point. I've heard two different possibilities on this forum and elsewhere: either you get 1 night's points back or you get half the points back. From my experience there's no way to tell which of these is the true.

On my five night stay (240000 point 5th night free) I received 60000 back. It is one night.

Also—Here is a section of the leaked memo:

Certain Ambassador Elite members with award stays between April 22 and July 31 will be targeted. Those targeted will receive the following:
  1. A personalized letter from David Flueck, Senior Vice President of Global Loyalty, and the member’s personal Ambassador.
  2. One night of their stay free (the full points of one night will be refunded to their account)
  3. (at the hotel’s discretion) A local elevated amenity, e.g., a food or beverage specialty from the region or another local token

RE: #3. I received a bottle of wine that sold for $130 on their room service menu ( it was actually quite good ) and a fruit basket. Curious what others received.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by damon88; Jun 12, 2019 at 12:35 am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
For #3 , I got fresh air for my last 2 stays
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:00 am

I was selecting the "2019 Annual Choice" benefit today for 50 nights. When I clicked "learn more" under "5 Elite Night Credits" I got a page with this curious and contradictory text:

---------------------------------------------
Members who spend US$20,000 and have at least 100 eligible nights in a calendar year enjoy:
  • Your24™ — the flexibility of choosing your check-in and checkout times
  • Ambassador Service* — your own personal point of contact for all your stays
*Members with 100 eligible nights and $20,000 in spend across programs are eligible for an Ambassador. We will honor Ambassador Service for members who stay 100 nights at Marriott Bonvoy hotels in 2019.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you parse the bolded text? It seems like it could be either

1) You have to actually stay 100 nights in hotels to qualify for Ambassador. IOW, you can't apply elite night credits for this.

2) If you stay 100 actual nights in hotels, you don't need to spend $20,000 to qualify for Ambassador
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:29 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I was selecting the "2019 Annual Choice" benefit today for 50 nights. When I clicked "learn more" under "5 Elite Night Credits" I got a page with this curious and contradictory text:

---------------------------------------------
Members who spend US$20,000 and have at least 100 eligible nights in a calendar year enjoy:
  • Your24™ — the flexibility of choosing your check-in and checkout times
  • Ambassador Service* — your own personal point of contact for all your stays
*Members with 100 eligible nights and $20,000 in spend across programs are eligible for an Ambassador. We will honor Ambassador Service for members who stay 100 nights at Marriott Bonvoy hotels in 2019.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you parse the bolded text? It seems like it could be either

1) You have to actually stay 100 nights in hotels to qualify for Ambassador. IOW, you can't apply elite night credits for this.

2) If you stay 100 actual nights in hotels, you don't need to spend $20,000 to qualify for Ambassador
It does make it sound like there may be some flexibility in achieving Ambassador status for 2020 from what you’ve shared...but then we know that Marriott IT is so poor that this may have been inadvertent or misstated. I suppose we will have to wait to see what, if anything, this really means.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin

It does make it sound like there may be some flexibility in achieving Ambassador status for 2020 from what you’ve shared...but then we know that Marriott IT is so poor that this may have been inadvertent or misstated. I suppose we will have to wait to see what, if anything, this really means.
Its seems odd that they would go to the Starwood standard so soon after adopting the spend threshold ...

TBH, I was looking forward to having a reduced number at the ambassador level in 2020.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:58 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Its seems odd that they would go to the Starwood standard so soon after adopting the spend threshold ...

TBH, I was looking forward to having a reduced number at the ambassador level in 2020.
I’ll reserve judgment and speculation until we know this is genuinely the intent. Marriott IT is so screwy that this could be a fluke or error. Marriott IT also could have screwed up the wording. Who can know?
C17PSGR, damon88 and lexdevil like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I’ll reserve judgment and speculation until we know this is genuinely the intent. Marriott IT is so screwy that this could be a fluke or error. Marriott IT also could have screwed up the wording. Who can know?
Well,as another data point, I'm at 120 nights so far this year (70 actual, 15 for the credit card, and the promo) but since I'm an Android user who is already at ambassador level, my spend doesn't show. Apparently, it only works on either (a) Apple or (b) Android users over 50 nights who weren't ambassador last year but that's another thread ....

In any event, I am not at 20k spend yet but my email this morning "Bonvoy Account Update" says "you now qualify for Ambassador Service" which suggests that its being triggered by the 100 night threshold.

Unfortunately, if that's the threshold and a lot of people like me received the double night promo (which I don't need since I'm at 85 already without it), there will likely be more people at Ambassador level next year if the 100 nights is the threshold rather than less.

That being said, while I'm not getting the treatment a couple of others are getting, I have nothing to complain about from the program. I'm not getting a lot of gifts but getting excellent upgrades consistently.
bhrubin and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I think that email went to everyone and was a notice of your 2018 - 2019 status. I’ve definitely not requalified yet and the email said the same thing.
C17PSGR and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.