Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There were major quality and consistency issues under SPG and I think this is now compounded by Ambassadors currently being swamped. They’ve been given 50% new members, there’s been a ton of churn plus of course there are major issues with the Marriott programme at the moment.

I have no doubt that my Ambassador is one of the best based on my experience pre merger, but it’s now gotten to the stage where he can just about ensure my stays post with the right points when I point out the mistakes, but anything else is impossible. I’ve been waiting to hear back on some basic programme compliance issues for over two months now.

I plan on requalifying this year just in case the service improves over time as the new systems are repaired, but at this stage the service is no longer worth anything to me other than as a better way of dealing with the most basic programme screw ups.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ellinj
Admittedly, I have not read through this entire thread, but I have been Ambassador since last November. I fail to see what the purpose is. I have yet to hear from mine personally. She or one of her coworkers helped me out once via email regarding a missing folio which I honestly could have done by calling the hotel myself. Am I expecting too little or too much? I am not so high maintenance that I am going to call and insist that they set my room thermostat to some temperature, most of the time I am traveling by myself so even upgrades aren't really needed. I am thinking of cutting my spend off at 75 nights and giving some spend to another chain this year. Marriott advertises this as a high level of service but I would have expected her to at least call and introduce herself.
Or maybe like proactively contact you or send you a welcome amenity at a hotel. You should write Marriott. I found Flueck's email: [email protected]. He's the head honcho of loyalty.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
There were major quality and consistency issues under SPG and I think this is now compounded by Ambassadors currently being swamped. They’ve been given 50% new members, there’s been a ton of churn plus of course there are major issues with the Marriott programme at the moment.

Someone on here posted that some of the ambassador agents have 250 or 300 customers each. That's absurd. Either there are too many ambassadors or not enough agents. Maybe 100 nights is too low.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I have no doubt that my Ambassador is one of the best based on my experience pre merger, but it’s now gotten to the stage where he can just about ensure my stays post with the right points when I point out the mistakes, but anything else is impossible. I’ve been waiting to hear back on some basic programme compliance issues for over two months now.
I'm having a hard time giving Marriott a few extra thousand in revenue when I can't even get a breakfast (coffee and bagel is not breakfast) at resorts. It's kind of difficult to impress my wife or convince her that all the nights I stay at hotels is worth it when we travel to a resort and I have to fight over getting eggs. The tangible benefits between titanium at 75 nights and ambassador at 100 nights aren't worth it, at least on paper. I've yet to hear of ambassadors getting champagne and welcome notes; you know, the perks that One Mile at a Time and The Points Guy bragged about under legacy Starwood.
C17PSGR, EuropeanPete and UA-NYC like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by txpenny
Haha, pretty much. On average, I visit home only 3 weekends per month.

I also had 15 credit card nights, 1 redemption night and 12 promotional nights so I did my $21K spend on 72 paid nights.

I've been home for 5 total nights this year. And am debating just giving up having a residence. Love nomading!

103 Marriott, 6 others, 5 at home, the rest with family
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itravelalot
$291 per night is a lot.
depends on where you are. For Houston, absolutely. For San Francisco, if you could guarantee me 291 a night, I'd buy nights for the next 5 years.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
depends on where you are. For Houston, absolutely. For San Francisco, if you could guarantee me 291 a night, I'd buy nights for the next 5 years.
And for that price you can only get the aloft on the weekdays. I was super surprised because I’m local that our corporate rates are $350-$500 on the weekdays on the peninsula. I need to move my address 100 miles out and come to the office as an out of towner and definitely make ambassador every year.
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm having a hard time giving Marriott a few extra thousand in revenue when I can't even get a breakfast (coffee and bagel is not breakfast) at resorts. It's kind of difficult to impress my wife or convince her that all the nights I stay at hotels is worth it when we travel to a resort and I have to fight over getting eggs. The tangible benefits between titanium at 75 nights and ambassador at 100 nights aren't worth it, at least on paper. I've yet to hear of ambassadors getting champagne and welcome notes; you know, the perks that One Mile at a Time and The Points Guy bragged about under legacy Starwood.
I never thought of that angle on the breakfast - Screwing around road warriors when they're back at home with their significant other is probably not going to soften any intolerance towards loyalty-based spend.

I had a chuckle at the end of your post: I'm sitting in a pretty mediocre Hilton with terrible service at the moment, but just about to open my complimentary bottle of champagne for sunset.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:01 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
All of these were welcomes from the hotel, typically with cards signed by the General Manager. Though others have received gifts from their Ambassadors, I haven’t yet- although this is only my second year with her. She’s great though and very helpful to me so that’s OK. I think the only time I expected something from her was on my birthday- but maybe this year.

Last month in Spain
I've yet to hear of ambassadors getting champagne and welcome notes; you know, the perks that One Mile at a Time and The Points Guy bragged about under legacy Starwood.

???

Last edited by damon88; May 1, 2019 at 11:33 pm
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Someone on here posted that some of the ambassador agents have 250 or 300 customers each. That's absurd. Either there are too many ambassadors or not enough agents. Maybe 100 nights is too low.

In the legacy Marriott program as a Plat Premier, I would often get notes, wine, cheese/fruit plates. That stopped last August but has been better since February as the Ambassador level is obviously different.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by damon88

Last month in Spain

???
I received a welcome snack tray last week in SF too.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Make it 375 and the problem gone

I wonder how many members SPG amb handle last time.
Not every members emailing their amb everyday so if each member email amb every week, then in average amb receive 43 emails per day ... should be still within acceptable level.

I did have received a special welcome gift from Prince Gallery Tokyo for stay on my birthday.
But on other stay, it only fruit platter .... sometimes some macarons and chocolate.
Yet to see a bottle of champagne/wine
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by Antarius
I received a welcome snack tray last week in SF too.
The one time I got a some free nuts and some Perrier in my room this year it was clear it was from the hotel GM and nothing to do with the ambassador.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by j1194
. I asked him if he asked for these things and he replied never, she asked what I liked and they are always ready in my room for me, each trip. When I got ambassador status I filled out the survey, indicated what I liked
There was a survey?
Old May 1, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I've never received any welcome amenity or any extra perks from my ambassador. I just see my ambassador as as direct contact with SPG / Marriott, instead of having to call into a general number.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Just received a Bonvoy Ambassador Gift Package in the mail... A laptop case several pens and a couple of notes... for free bee stuff it's OK. I like the pens though, nice weight and the write nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.