Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:50 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MikeFly
Just curious if you are able to do more than 100k per year as it states on the website?

No. My husband can only transfer 100000 a year now. With SPG he used to transfer much more - but now just his points from his Amex card.

I did learn the other day though that one can receive up to 500000 aggregate as long as no person transfers more than 100000.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
As of Apr 20, requalified for Ambassador. Personal record
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by itravelalot
This came up for me with legacy Marriott Rewards. I was told at the time you could surpass the transfer limit if the account the points were being transferred to needed the points for an immediate booking. This is an area Marriott could improve. For example, allowing unlimited transfers between linked family accounts. Another idea is allowing women or men on maternity leave or sick leave (say cancer treatment) to pause their account and maintain status. It would be great PR and help a small number of customers out.
I would assume that an extremely small number of men are on maternity leave.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by awu25
Upon inquiring again, she said she would be adding the points "as a good will gesture" making it sound like I'm in the wrong here. Worth educating her, or am I misreading the phrase "good will gesture"?
Unfortunately, this is not unique to Marriott. I guess that they have only the "good will gesture" button and nobody thought about coming up with a "missing credit correction" one.

Did you thank her for being so good to you?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would assume that an extremely small number of men are on maternity leave.
Depends on the country, but it would be one of those gimmicky enhancements that would play well in the blogs and media without actually meaning much. Sweden is pretty generous with leave for mothers and fathers but I digress.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by itravelalot
Depends on the country, but it would be one of those gimmicky enhancements that would play well in the blogs and media without actually meaning much. Sweden is pretty generous with leave for mothers and fathers but I digress.
If it's a father, this would be paternity leave, not maternity leave.
Jean97 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Antarius
As of Apr 20, requalified for Ambassador. Personal record
I requalified on the same day as you. Well done!
Antarius and Jean97 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by txpenny
did your lifetime years tick up by 1 after requalifying?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
No.

Lifetime is after Platinum anyways, so would have happened after 50 nights if it did. Apparently this only happens at the EOY in a sweep though. I'm actually short 2 nights (one from last year, that Bonvoy can't seem to fix and this years which will post EOY supposedly)
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jimdarcy

My lifetime years are the same as Y/E 2018.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
My lifetime years are the same as Y/E 2018.

thanks for the follow up
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraďbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
wow ! 100 nights in less than 4 months (120 nights more or les) , congrats ! Are you living in an hotel suite ?
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Jean97

wow ! 100 nights in less than 4 months (120 nights more or les) , congrats ! Are you living in an hotel suite ?

Haha, pretty much. On average, I visit home only 3 weekends per month.

I also had 15 credit card nights, 1 redemption night and 12 promotional nights so I did my $21K spend on 72 paid nights.
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Haha, pretty much. On average, I visit home only 3 weekends per month.

I also had 15 credit card nights, 1 redemption night and 12 promotional nights so I did my $21K spend on 72 paid nights.
$291 per night is a lot.
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Admittedly, I have not read through this entire thread, but I have been Ambassador since last November. I fail to see what the purpose is. I have yet to hear from mine personally. She or one of her coworkers helped me out once via email regarding a missing folio which I honestly could have done by calling the hotel myself. Am I expecting too little or too much? I am not so high maintenance that I am going to call and insist that they set my room thermostat to some temperature, most of the time I am traveling by myself so even upgrades aren't really needed. I am thinking of cutting my spend off at 75 nights and giving some spend to another chain this year. Marriott advertises this as a high level of service but I would have expected her to at least call and introduce herself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.