Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by paolo64
Late the other night I emailed my Ambassador for help on matters ( MAGA points not posting and incorrect exchange rate applied for points/$). By the time I woke up, both fixed. Great service ( although it shouldn’t have been necessary in the first instance).
That is one area where almost universally the Ambassadors are able to handle without issue. Twice my wife has emailed her Ambassador about points posting incorrectly or not at all and both times the Ambassador was able to have the issue corrected. With that said, they should be able to reliably do more than just ensure that issues related to points and Bonvoy accounts are corrected.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
This was probably already discussed somewhere, but I could find the information: will our metal SPG Lifetime Platinum cards be ever replaced?

I don't think that the "Ambassador" level is ever mentioned on the cards. Am I wrong?

Last edited by UASPG; Apr 10, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:31 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by UASPG
...will our metal SPG Lifetime Platinum cards be ever replaced?...
No. Allegedly, Titanium, Ambassador, Lifetime Platinum or Lifetime Titanium will start receiving cards in the second quarter of the year, but they will be plastic, not metal.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
No. Allegedly, Titanium, Ambassador, Lifetime Platinum or Lifetime Titanium will start receiving cards in the second quarter of the year, but they will be plastic, not metal.
I was hoping for a card in actual Platinum, since I read that Titanium was a cheaper metal.

Hopefully, the timing allegation is accurate.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Bag tags would be nicer. Can you pass that along?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:44 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Why not? As long as someone doesn't come back and say the Lurker promised us bag tags 8 months from now.
C17PSGR, damon88, Keyser and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Why not? As long as someone doesn't come back and say the Lurker promised us bag tags 8 months from now.
You got it. Bag tags make more sense than a physical card that's never going to get used.

I remember a few years ago there was a legacy SPG visit to Austin, I think. It might be fun to do that for Flyer Talk members in Maryland or wherever.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I sent my Ambassador an email several days ago and within 24 hours, received a email about an online survey of my emai customer service experience with Marriott.
The first question was "would you recommend Marriott?" On a scale of 1 to 10, then a box to type in some open ended comments, then about five more 1 to 10 questions.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:24 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Good suggestion. I have never used my membership card for anything, but bag tags would serve a purpose.
damon88 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:26 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I sent my Ambassador an email several days ago and within 24 hours, received a email about an online survey of my emai customer service experience with Marriott.
The first question was "would you recommend Marriott?" On a scale of 1 to 10, then a box to type in some open ended comments, then about five more 1 to 10 questions.
It's called a "net promoter score"

I find it incredibly annoying when I receive these surveys for every little thing
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by helvetic
It's called a "net promoter score"

I find it incredibly annoying when I receive these surveys for every little thing
I'd just like a survey on every stay ... and not a reference to trip advisor. Ideally, it should be focused on the objective: (1) were you greeted as an ___ when you checked in, (2) were you provided a welcome gift choice of ...., (3) were you offered a real breakfast, (4) were you upgraded to the best suite or room available
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I'd just like a survey on every stay ... and not a reference to trip advisor. Ideally, it should be focused on the objective: (1) were you greeted as an ___ when you checked in, (2) were you provided a welcome gift choice of ...., (3) were you offered a real breakfast, (4) were you upgraded to the best suite or room available
Starriott doesn't want to document the answers to these questions, although we know what they are.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:48 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
New data points: lots of Suite upgrades, lots of elevated treatment/service

So I’m almost done with my nearly month-long business trip, during which I’ve had tremendous Ambassador treatment, service, and suite upgrades. I also get good treatment because I bring large groups, of course, but not to all of the following hotels.

Non-group hotels (all Ambassador status here!):

Ritz-Carlton Washington (1 stay): upgraded to much nicer room, air con not pre set as requested, but eventually had a very nice stay. They went the extra mile for me.

Ritz-Carlton Boston (1 stay): pre-upgraded to Executive Suite, air con pre-cooled though needed engineering fix, blackout panels installed, extra water, really went the extra mile.

Ritz-Carlton Georgetown (1 stay): no upgrade (booked a suite), many service issues, but they comp’d a night and really tried to make up for mistakes, excellent service recovery, Dir of Rooms called me from home, Dir of Rooms met with me last morning.

Coming up:

Ritz-Carlton Chicago (1 stay): already pre-upgraded from Executive Suite to Lakeside Suite

Group hotels:

Le Meridien Arlington (3 stays): always pre-upgraded to my preferred Executive Suite (with 2 HVAC units to keep it very cold), always goes extra mile for me, always pre-cooled to 65 F for me.

Sheraton Philly Univ City (3 stays): always pre-upgraded to corner one bedroom suite, usually pre-cooled to 67 F for me

Courtyard New York Chelsea (1 stay): no upgrade, otherwise fine stay, pre-cooled to 65 F for me

Courtyard New Haven (2 stays): always pre-upgraded to junior suite, usually pre-cooled to 67 F for me

Renaissance Providence Downtown (3 stays): always pre-upgraded to Capitol View Corner specialty suite, some issues with air con, WiFi, room assignments, details. I think this hotel is great but I had more trouble than usual here.

Le Meridien Boston Cambridge (2 stays): pre-upgraded to Ware specialty suite, always pre-cooled to 65 F for me, always goes extra mile for me

Sheraton New York Times Square (1 stay): I always hate this hotel and still find myself here due to low group rates...and they always manage to piss me off. No upgrade but didn’t even care, couldn’t even pre-cool room or get a room with working air con, moved rooms, another tragic stay. When will I learn?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:40 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I have also been slightly happier with Ambassador status as of late.

The main difference is that since Bonvoyification, hotels finally recognize Ambassador as a higher status tier than Platinum and Titanium. I have gotten some stellar upgrades thanks to my newly named status and due to pre-planning on my part. I always book the cheapest best room. As of late, I've gotten ridiculous upgrades at the Ritz Langkawi, W Bali, and Ren Bali, Gotten elevated treatment everywhere else too.

I also switched Ambassador recently and am relieved by it, given my old one just completely abandoned me. The new ambassador is professional and responsive and eager to help — though I haven't used her much yet.
damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
After having a not-so-good Ambassador at first, I requested a change and got a new Ambassador I’ve been very happy with.

I recently contacted my Ambassador with requests to post a missing Design Hotels stay as well as modify two reservations to add extra guests to the rooms since Marriott’s garbage app and site aren’t built with functionality in mind. I received a response that “due to internal policy” they’re not allowed to post Design Hotels stays and instead have to prod those properties to process their own paperwork to post the stays to Marriott accounts, while for one of my stays, since it’s prepaid, they’re unable to add an extra guest to the room while for the other stay, the hotel needed to be contacted to request the change. It’s been two days now and the other stay hasn’t been modified yet to reflect the change in guests.

I’m not sure what the point of Ambassador service is if Ambassadors are powerless to do anything in the constraining environment that is Marriott. I really like my Ambassador personally and appreciate the help I get, but the stupid rules in place coupled with features that counterintuitively require an extra step and no guarantee [cough Your24 cough] make this status level seem like nothing more than a poorly-conceived marketing gimmick.

khabah

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.