Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Since the February 13 name change, I completed 7 stays. I was upgraded at the Westin St.Louis. I was placed in a corner room at the Westin Grand Central & the JW Marriott Buckhead. The other four stays did nothing. The only stay that I was recognized an Ambassador was the JW Marriott stay.

I did not ask for an upgrade or special treatment. I did not have my Ambassador reach out to any of the hotels. My upgrade rate is about the same as it was before the name change.

I received folio’s emailed to me on 5 of the stays. 4 of the stays credited to my Bonvoy account automatically. I will have my Ambassador chase the missing stays for credit.

I don’t consider myself a demanding guest. When traveling for business, I want a clean quiet place to sleep. I do expect that I should receive a receipt & room credit automatically. Marriott is clearly failing this very low service standard. Because of these service failures, I will stay in a different chain for a 4 night stay this upcoming week and a 5 night stay the following week.

Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by andrewstahl
I don’t consider myself a demanding guest. When traveling for business, I want a clean quiet place to sleep. I do expect that I should receive a receipt & room credit automatically. Marriott is clearly failing this very low service standard. Because of these service failures, I will stay in a different chain for a 4 night stay this upcoming week and a 5 night stay the following week.
I like to be thanked and recognized. Personally, I think all customers should be thanked and recognized, regardless of status or lack of status with a hotel loyalty program. The cost of printing a generic thank you letter for each guest is marginal. Thankfully, there are still a few hotels that do this or have a personalized thank you card.

Otherwise, I'm not that demanding. Feather pillows, extra towels, a bathrobe, and slippers. That's about it other than whatever is required of the loyalty program.

Getting mouthwash or having the newspaper delivered are also nice throwbacks to a time not long ago when even a Holiday Inn gave mouthwash and delivered a newspaper, albeit USA Today, to your door.

Some Marriott properties still deliver your folio under your door overnight, but these are few and far between. As with welcome or arrival letters, the marginal cost here is pretty insignificant when compared with the delay caused by the number of guests who want to review a copy at the front desk when checking out.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Titanic Status
LOL!!!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:27 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Recent data points as good Ambassador status experiences:

(1) Despite a subpar air con stay at the RC Coconut Grove in early Feb 2019, I was pre-upgraded to a City View Suite several days in advance of my arrival, and further pre-upgraded the morning of my arrival to a City View Suite. My Ambassador status proved very helpful in getting me VIP recognition, faster attention, better service recovery, and better responses from the hotel management. My Ambassador wasn’t directly involved, yet the hotel team management knew my status and showed it mattered. I arrived in my rental car, and the parking valet already knew my name despite it being my first ever stay.

(2) Despite a subpar service stay at the StR Bahia Beach in mid Feb 2019, my Ambassador status also very helpful in getting me VIP recognition, faster attention, better service recovery, and better responses from the hotel management. My Ambassador had contacted the hotel directly because I was joined by my husband and it qualified for me as a leisure stay--and the senior management clearly knew my status and showed it mattered.

(3) Was pre-upgraded to a Penthouse Executive Suite at the Marriott Irvine last week. Nice suite, one of only 7 out of almost 490 rooms.

My impression is that more hotel management teams are aware of Ambassador status guests and try harder to treat them as VIPS and pre-upgrade them when occupancy allows them to do so. My Ambassador w
damon88 and txpenny like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Weird.

According to the Marriott mobile application, my status is the now-defunct "platinum premier elite" while my lifetime status is titanium elite. Marriott.com still shows me as an ambassador.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Weird.

According to the Marriott mobile application, my status is the now-defunct "platinum premier elite" while my lifetime status is titanium elite. Marriott.com still shows me as an ambassador.
lots of people have reported this in another thread....for most of them the problem was fixed after downloading the new update for the app....
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser
lots of people have reported this in another thread....for most of them the problem was fixed after downloading the new update for the app....
And just like that, it's fixed. Must have automatically downloaded while I was in the shower.
Keyser likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:34 am

This service is getting painful - the generic phone number hasn’t been working for me either. 5 rings and hangs up. I understand maybe this isn’t specific to the Ambassador’s but Marriott’s IT is making their support teams look bad.
JBauer likes this.

Last edited by longtimereader firstimeposter; Mar 7, 2019 at 10:57 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
From the chaos of understaffed, undertrained, non responsive ambassadors referenced in this thread, yesterday's email from my ambassador comes as no surprise to me.

I was assigned an outstanding ambassador who has been with SPG for quite some time. She was very responsive and timely in the five or so times I contacted her. Yesterday, I received the "i'm outta here" email, so we'll see how long it takes to assign, and at what level of competence my new ambassador will be.

Here's hoping I will get a BHRUBIN type ambassador replacement.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txpenny
.....Here's hoping I will get a BHRUBIN type ambassador replacement.
Mr think bhrubin's wonderful experience is more due to his/her CRM rating instead of Ambassador. Marriott/SPG likely has an internal CRM rating for all customers.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:33 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Mr think bhrubin's wonderful experience is more due to his/her CRM rating instead of Ambassador. Marriott/SPG likely has an internal CRM rating for all customers.
I think my wonderful experience used to have a fair amount to do with (1) my spending much more on average between my personal stays and my SPG Pro group stays, (2) me picking and choosing when I would involve my Ambassador, and (3) me staying at nicer hotel brands and mostly during lowshoulder season when occupancy is lower and it’s just a lot easier for hotels to deliver better service.

And then (4) I tend to not blame my Ambassador when things sometimes go awry, assuming (as usually has been the case) that the hotels simply failed to deliver and not that there’s an issue with my Ambassador. I have my Ambassador’s back in a way that I don’t see very often. I think that my Ambassador and the program overall are most appreciative of that support and benefit of the doubt.

i think my wonderful experience now continuing with Marriott has much less to do with my spending, since all Ambassadors ultimately have the $20K spending threshold (excluding those who earned it via legacy 100 SPG nights).

Whether or not all of that gets wrappped into any rating or not by the Ambassador program, I cannot say.

Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I think my wonderful experience used to have a fair amount to do with (1) my spending ... on .... my SPG Pro group stays,

I'm happy for your stays and reports! That being said, I think your experiences are outliers for most of us (although things have picked up in the last couple of weeks with the new titles). I suspect it has to do, at least in part, with CRM and the SPG Pro groups.

I would hope that hotels would recognize those who bring in groups since that's a large part of the business (even if I don't benefit from that!). In any event, I hope your ambassador is an inspiration to others!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:19 pm

I think my Ambassador got bonvoy’d. Over the last month, I emailed my ambassador directly about 2-3 times. Each time it too about 2 days to reply, but by someone else informing me that my ambassador is out of the office and he/she would look after this request.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
There should be a wiki that states 'your ambassador experience will vary depending on your ambassador and has almost nothing to do with the 'promise' Marriott has made.

I've mentioned before I went through 3 ambassador's in two years until I landed the one I've been with for the last 4 years. As others have said we work as a team, I don't treat her as my admin. I don't bother her will low level bs. I only involve her in big stuff, like important vacations or serious hotel screw ups.

Starwood cared about what the ambassador experience, who knows how much Marriott cares. In those first two years I personally spoke to the leader of the program which expedited the changes in my ambassador.

I'll stick with it until she retires or quits. I'm also Diamond with Hilton and every time I've given them a chance to impress me they've disappointed. Hyatt gets it but they just don't have enough properties (this would have been the best fit for Starwood IMO).

If I see that darn Bonvoy commercial one more time my head will explode.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:18 pm

As a former ambassador member pre-March 2019, I can say the general ambassador line is a lot better than the general titanium line that I have to call right now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.