Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Deleted by author. Will repost after the stay.
Now I'm very curious.......Please tell the story.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Deleted by author. Will repost after the stay.
Please do. Definitely curious to what happened as well.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
I have been Titanium (former P75) for a long time, and I've always gone with the strategy of being Titanium with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton. I would easily make Ambassador at the expense of dropping Hilton to Gold, but I've already (based on this forum) read that Ambassador is more missed than hit. And this thread has made me glad I'm sticking with Hilton Diamond.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:33 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I have been Titanium (former P75) for a long time, and I've always gone with the strategy of being Titanium with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton. I would easily make Ambassador at the expense of dropping Hilton to Gold, but I've already (based on this forum) read that Ambassador is more missed than hit. And this thread has made me glad I'm sticking with Hilton Diamond.
I mean, these days Hilton diamond is as easy as having a credit card…
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I'm not sure this thread is a representative sample. People with poor experiences are far likelier to post than the satisfied customer, IMO.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
I mean, these days Hilton diamond is as easy as having a credit card…
True
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by txpenny
I'm not sure this thread is a representative sample. People with poor experiences are far likelier to post than the satisfied customer, IMO.
I agree, but the volume of complains and the content of complains, especially if some contents are being repeated over and over, does speak volumes.

I also think the idea of "Ambassador" can sometimes being mistaken as "Miracle Worker" by some. Personally, if Marriott would change Ambassador benefits to 100% bonus points, guaranteed suite upgrade or 5000 complementary bonus points, and Yours24, I'll be much more happier with these benefits than an "Ambassador" doing things for me, even the "Exclusive" things.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Originally Posted by LAXmatt
It seems like they are at least bringing more ambassadors on board to try to address some of these complaints. I got an email from a new ambassador today which stated, "To give you the best service possible, we’ve expanded our team. I will be your new ambassador."
Ditto, got a similar message today. Not sure to do about my requests still in flight with my old ambassador...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I know that some of the 24/7 Ambassador team members were applying to become regular Ambassadors with their own client lists. It seems to have been considered a promotion or at least a more desirable job.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by txpenny
I had read a research paper that Satisfied CUSTOMERS tell three others, Neutrals tell no one and Dissatisfied tell ELEVEN people.
With proliferation of social media thie must be higher !
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Much ado about nothing

So here’s my promised update. I’m traveling in UAE with some friends and one of them has LT Titanium (same as me) but I have Ambassador status and he doesn’t. I did OLCI, and requested suite upgrade via Chat 2 days before arrival. My friend did neither. The day before arrival, my friend noticed that he was upgraded to a 2 bedroom Royal Suite, while I am still in a Classic room, City view. We have the exact same rate, and my reservation was booked maybe a day before his (not that that should matter).

At check in around 11 am, my friend got his Royal Suite. Hotel says I can have an Executive suite but not until 3 pm. I did ask about my friend’s upgrade, not in a DYKWIA way, but just out of curiosity. Turns out he used an SNA and had completely forgotten about it. So the system worked as it should. Nothing to see here.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Confirmed
My lovely ambassador is efficient and charming all the way until she took a maternity leave for 6 months. Congratulations to her.
Marriott made no arrangements apart from setting up the recorded greeting on her voicemail.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
The more I think about it...not sure if the Ambassador program as currently executed would be worth it even w/o the $20K spend.

Have to spend 25 more nights in bed, and for that you get a few add'l points per dollar (on a weakening value point currency), a decimated Your24 benefit, and some vague promise of slightly better / more dedicated service that has fallen off a cliff post-8/18...not that compelling.
applejax likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by SKRan
My lovely ambassador is efficient and charming all the way until she took a maternity leave for 6 months. Congratulations to her.
Marriott made no arrangements apart from setting up the recorded greeting on her voicemail.
That's unbelievable! Does Starriott/Bonvoy just expect her clients to stay away fro six months and then come back to finish their 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend to requalify for the services of that Ambassador as if nothing happened?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by SKRan
I've had the maternity card played before (not from an Ambassador) but still no excuse for lack of service. Given what you've said, I doubt Marriott actually took any steps but it was your Ambassador that actually set the out of office greeting before leaving the office.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's unbelievable! Does Starriott/Bonvoy just expect her clients to stay away fro six months and then come back to finish their 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend to requalify for the services of that Ambassador as if nothing happened?
Nothing says you have to stop travelling. There are backup Ambassadors available when needed. Maybe not in this case, but some have reported getting better service from the pool than their assigned person. If their program is so dependent upon one individual then they have really failed, not saying they haven't. I have refrained from voting in the Freddies as I want an "Anybody but Marriott" option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.