Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Were you Ambassador in 2017 under the SPG program? For those of us who were selected under the Marriott unpublished ambassador program, we were given an ambassador when we were notified of the selection.
Yes I had 100 nights with SPG in 2017 and never heard a peep from anyone. I am also a Hyatt Globalist and I find their Ambassador status unless also so I really don't care much for that "benefit" I'd rather a free night or maybe an airline status upgrade instead of the useless Ambassador status.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
If you’ve never used your Ambassador status, is it possible you don’t fully understand its benefits?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Quite possible. I asked my Hyatt Ambassador what they could do for me? He told me that he would make sure my room requests were met prior to arrival like: Extra towels, non smoking things like that. He also said he could make reservations for me. Honestly I would never use this being that I expect the hotel to read the notes on the reservation and I always use Citi 4th night free or Amex FHR to make reservations to get actual benefits that save me money. I asked my (Hyatt) Ambassador if he could get me special pricing on hotels and he said NO. So I never saw any point of contacting him after that. He contacted me once 3 years ago. lol I've qualified 2x since then and haven't heard from him since...... I have no idea if the SPG/ Marriott/ Bonvoy Ambassador is better but I honestly doubt it unless they can save me money I don't care for cheap wine and sugary snacks.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
So far, the main benefit I felt from Ambassador service is one contact point for all my stay needs. Whether arrange airport transfers or some special request like book unique room.

I still make my own reservations and update my amb about that (notify her if the stay is special or just a quick stay. If I need to ask something from a hotel staff that I know personally, then I still email the person directly.

Whether being ambassador member I get better upgrade etc ... I cant say just yet.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:48 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So, today marks the first time that I was address by the new elite tier names, and I like it. I checked in to the St. Regis BKK yesterday and was thanked for being "Platinum Premier Elite w/ Ambassador," while today at the Le Meridien Ko Samui, my status was not mentioned verbally but the sheet with the stay info they had me sign showed "Ambassador Elite" status. Hope this is the beginning of being recognized as something ,ore than platinum
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by helvetic
So, today marks the first time that I was address by the new elite tier names, and I like it. I checked in to the St. Regis BKK yesterday and was thanked for being "Platinum Premier Elite w/ Ambassador," while today at the Le Meridien Ko Samui, my status was not mentioned verbally but the sheet with the stay info they had me sign showed "Ambassador Elite" status. Hope this is the beginning of being recognized as something ,ore than platinum
Umm, "platinum premier elite [with] ambassador" is the old name.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
So far i’ve got a welcome as a Titanium which is correctly a new new, but not my actual status

For those who didn’t understand why some of us regretted the decision to do away with specific elite level key card holder, perhaps it’s now making more sense?
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:58 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Umm, "platinum premier elite [with] ambassador" is the old name.
Re-read my message. I said today (LM) is the first day the new name is mentioned, vs. yesterday's StR check-in with the old name.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:46 am

i wonder if marriott has taken up the part in their terms of service where certain folks may be upgraded to amb level without having done the nights and spend requirement. i had assumed they would use this similar to how they handled the old Plat Premier before it was devalued.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by swintec
i wonder if marriott has taken up the part in their terms of service where certain folks may be upgraded to amb level without having done the nights and spend requirement. i had assumed they would use this similar to how they handled the old Plat Premier before it was devalued.
I'm also curious. That being said, the new Ambassador level is easier to meet than the legacy Plat Premier level.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:52 am

Really? Thats very interesting. I somehow doubt it because after I was not upgraded to Ambassador status like I had expected after my 130 nights I called and talked to a very nice agent. She agreed that it was BS and she said between you and me its a $hit show over here! She explained that no one was happy with this merger and the SPG agents basically hate the Marriott agents. She told me that SPG agents will hang up on Marriott agents if they call to problem solve. She gave me Mr. Marriotts office phone number to call and explain why I was upset. I did, and the lady who I spoke with was actually very nice also but she said the best she could do to make it up to me was credit me 25,000points. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing with the Ambassador status but I honestly was happy with the 25,000 points instead.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Did your 130 nights on 2018 is earned throught legacy SPG only stays ... or mix between Marriott and SPG ?
Because if its the 2nd, then you need the 20k spending to reach amb

the only way to reach amb without spending is with 100 nights at legacy SPG ONLY in 2018
C17PSGR and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:24 pm

@kaizen7 Yes, it was a mixture of stays. Actually probably predominately Marriott stays.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by applejax
Really? Thats very interesting. I somehow doubt it because after I was not upgraded to Ambassador status like I had expected after my 130 nights I called and talked to a very nice agent.
The legacy pre 8/18 Plat Premier was unpublished but I suspect that 130 nights that still weren't over $20,000 in spend likely wouldn't have led to selection but can't say.

How much was your spend? Did you really average less than $150 night even after drinks and incidentals? That seems very low as an average.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:49 pm

@C17PSGR Yes we were well under the $20,000 closer to $15,000. My stays are typically corporate rate stays, a lot of Asian hotels and additionally I almost never spend anything additional at the property other then room rate and parking on occasion. But now you all have gotten me so curious about the Ambassador service that you've motivated me to reach out to my Hyatt rep and see what they can do for an upcoming stay for a special occasion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.