Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
100 nights and 20k spend .... if purely room rate then average will be $200/night

staying at rc/str/lc in asian country usually just barely reach that unless you book higher end rooms.

Stay at moxys and four pointses in some lower end cities at $30/nights and you will need longer years to qualify
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ac/elite

My ambassador, who I’ve had for a number of years and have been very happy with, told me recently that she’s now up to something like 500 members assigned to her. She said that her boss has been interviewing like crazy to hire more ambassadors.
Considering the legacy SPG ambassador promotional video that Marriott uses today had ambassador agents with 200-ish customers assigned to them I really wonder about the numbers. Either there are only 15–20 ambassador agents, post-merger, or there are a lot more ambassador status customers than any of us realize.

I wonder how much the job pays? I imagine it has to be at least $15 an hour.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Reminds of the argument that of course complimentary flight upgrades will go up when status level qualifications increase...lol
For flight upgrades, I don't think there's any question that upgrades go up for mid-tier flyers when the new qualification year starts. That being said, upgrades on airlines are very opaque. We can immediately see if there are empty seats and the upgrade process is mostly automatic so we trust the system.

Originally Posted by escape4
My ambassador also told me that in February the service levels will increase drastically. It cannot be because of a sudden surge in hiring - this must be because AMB guest count will fall off a cliff.
There will definitely be a decrease but ... I'm skeptical it will be a "cliff." I suspect most of those who spent 100 nights at legacy SPG properties in 2017 did so in 2018. I also suspect the vast majority of those who were in the Marriott legacy ambassador program spent 100 nights and spent over 20k in 2018.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Considering the legacy SPG ambassador promotional video that Marriott uses today had ambassador agents with 200-ish customers assigned to them I really wonder about the numbers. Either there are only 15–20 ambassador agents, post-merger, or there are a lot more ambassador status customers than any of us realize.

I wonder how much the job pays? I imagine it has to be at least $15 an hour.

It’s more albeit not much. $40k starting at least in their mid America call center which I think is their main one for this. While I’ve had an ambassador for a week now I’m completely disappointed. Mine is very nice and responsive when she’s working but my gut says she’s got no authority to do much and in the three properties I’ve stayed since I get the vibe that the properties passive aggressively dislike the whole concept as when I stepped in directly on some silly things the properties were more helpful in saying yes to (albeit basic) things. It seems they are all way overworked with too many of “us” to deal with. Im also disappointed in the fact that while mine doesn’t work weekends I emailed and copied the main AMB email about specific things (including PAID upgrade options) and still haven’t gotten a response. I don’t even want a fruit basket but I will admit I kind of expected something more when staying at my first property as an Ambassador on points at a Cat 7 property instead of “Thanks for being a Platinum member” and given a base room.

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:01 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
While I’ve had an ambassador for a week now I’m completely disappointed. Mine is very nice and responsive when she’s working but my gut says she’s got no authority to do much and in the three properties I’ve stayed since I get the vibe that the properties passive aggressively dislike the whole concept as when I stepped in directly on some silly things the properties were more helpful in saying yes to (albeit basic) things. It seems they are all way overworked with too many of “us” to deal with. Im also disappointed in the fact that while mine doesn’t work weekends I emailed and copied the main AMB email about specific things (including PAID upgrade options) and still haven’t gotten a response. I don’t even want a fruit basket but I will admit I kind of expected something more when staying at my first property as an Ambassador on points at a Cat 7 property instead of “Thanks for being a Platinum member” and given a base room.
I’m sorry to say that much of this might have more to do with you than it does your Ambassador or the Ambassador program.

You’re completed disappointed after only a week with your Ambassador? That must be a new record. Especially since your Ambassdor is very nice and responsive. Except for your outrage of her not working weekends, of course.

I think the outrage actually may be your unrealistic expectation that your Ambassador should work weekends on top of a full week. Or perhaps that you can’t wait until Monday to ask your own Ambassador.

Your Ambassador in a week has been very responsive and yet the general Ambassador line hasn’t responded about paid upgrades. Perhaps it might be that the hotels in question aren’t being responsive to provide the answers you want, so you may be blaming the wrong party? Perhaps if your own Ambassador is so very responsive, it might be prudent to wait to ask her rather than the general Ambassador service?

Unrealistic expectations are not very different from entitlement, I’m afraid.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I don’t even want a fruit basket but I will admit I kind of expected something more when staying at my first property as an Ambassador on points at a Cat 7 property instead of “Thanks for being a Platinum member” and given a base room
This has been my frustration. I told my ambassador I have 2-3 special, "me trips" per year. The rest of my stays are at mostly forgettable properties for work.

I finished my third "me trip" over Christmas. Of the three hotels, one put an amenity in my room but the amenity completely went against my preferences. It would be like giving someone allergic to nuts an amenity with nuts. None of the three hotels fulfilled any of my requests, either. My requests? Feather pillows (and extra pillows) and extra towels. Not exactly difficult or demanding.

I don't expect much, but I don't think expecting my status to be properly recognized and perhaps the occasional thank you card or nice bottle of wine is too much.

My Austin-based ambassador agent told me each property is supposed to designate a liaison for agents. for North America properties, the agent calls the designated liaison. Sometimes it's a guest relations manager, if the hotel has a guest relations department. Other times it's the front office manager. For international properties, they email the designated liaison. So I imagine it's quite easy for any requests communicated by email -- especially without sufficient prior notice -- to get lost in the system, be it a SPAM folder or just overlooked.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Dude. You must be having a bad day. I didn’t say I was outraged by my ambassador taking the weekend off, her working hours were clear which is why I copied main line and I am disappointed in that lack of response (even if it was sorry we can’t help you). I was merely reporting on current experience and I think somewhat objectively on benefits to date to add some data points I will certainly update good or bad as things progress. I was joking about the fruit basket and if you want to help me understand why I’m wrong in hypothesizing that they largely have their hands tied I’m all ears. Further, since this all wraps around brand loyalty I don’t agree that rogue properties are a valid excuse. It’s Marriotts job to ensure consistency for same reason that if I drink Tito’s vodka and eat a Big Mac in Florida I expect it to taste the same as if I’m doing the same thing in Mississippi.
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I’m sorry to say that much of this might have more to do with you than it does your Ambassador or the Ambassador program.

You’re completed disappointed after only a week with your Ambassador? That must be a new record. Especially since your Ambassdor is very nice and responsive. Except for your outrage of her not working weekends, of course.

I think the outrage actually may be your unrealistic expectation that your Ambassador should work weekends on top of a full week. Or perhaps that you can’t wait until Monday to ask your own Ambassador.

Your Ambassador in a week has been very responsive and yet the general Ambassador line hasn’t responded about paid upgrades. Perhaps it might be that the hotels in question aren’t being responsive to provide the answers you want, so you may be blaming the wrong party? Perhaps if your own Ambassador is so very responsive, it might be prudent to wait to ask her rather than the general Ambassador service?

Unrealistic expectations are not very different from entitlement, I’m afraid.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:54 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Dude. You must be having a bad day. I didn’t say I was outraged by my ambassador taking the weekend off, her working hours were clear which is why I copied main line and I am disappointed in that lack of response (even if it was sorry we can’t help you). I was merely reporting on current experience and I think somewhat objectively on benefits to date to add some data points I will certainly update good or bad as things progress. I was joking about the fruit basket and if you want to help me understand why I’m wrong in hypothesizing that they largely have their hands tied I’m all ears. Further, since this all wraps around brand loyalty I don’t agree that rogue properties are a valid excuse. It’s Marriotts job to ensure consistency for same reason that if I drink Tito’s vodka and eat a Big Mac in Florida I expect it to taste the same as if I’m doing the same thing in Mississippi.
As reported here numerous times, the Ambassadors do not have “authority” over hotels; Ambassadors make requests of hotels on our behalf and alert hotels to our presumed VIP status. Hotels execute those requests and execute on how they treat VIP guests: better hotels better execute such requests and better handle VIP guests; not so good hotels don’t do it nearly as well.

Rogue properties aren’t an excuse; they are a fact. Just like some hotels are better than others. A good Ambassador can’t turn a poorly managed Sheraton stay into a much better experience, but can help turn a well managed Sheraton into a truly memorable and much improved experience. But in the end, it’s as much or more about where you stay and how well they execute on Ambassador requests than anything else.

Out of curiosity, what were the 3 properties at which you stayed in the first week with your Ambassador?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
One month since qualified and I am yet to receive email. Status changed online same day stay to push over spend posted.

Now when I need AMB to sort out issue from First stay of the year posted but zero dollar credit to renew AMB. Paid stay. Not expecting much reading some of the posts in the thread.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:48 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
It’s more albeit not much. $40k starting at least in their mid America call center which I think is their main one for this. While I’ve had an ambassador for a week now I’m completely disappointed. Mine is very nice and responsive when she’s working but my gut says she’s got no authority to do much and in the three properties I’ve stayed since I get the vibe that the properties passive aggressively dislike the whole concept as when I stepped in directly on some silly things the properties were more helpful in saying yes to (albeit basic) things. It seems they are all way overworked with too many of “us” to deal with. Im also disappointed in the fact that while mine doesn’t work weekends I emailed and copied the main AMB email about specific things (including PAID upgrade options) and still haven’t gotten a response. I don’t even want a fruit basket but I will admit I kind of expected something more when staying at my first property as an Ambassador on points at a Cat 7 property instead of “Thanks for being a Platinum member” and given a base room.

I imagine if their salary is $400K starting with half the client each, the attitude will improve drastically and will work weekends.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
One month since qualified and I am yet to receive email. Status changed online same day stay to push over spend posted.

Now when I need AMB to sort out issue from First stay of the year posted but zero dollar credit to renew AMB. Paid stay. Not expecting much reading some of the posts in the thread.
Assuming that 2019 is handled the same way as the end of 2018, spend toward the $20,000 to renew AMB will only begin to show on your account after you have stayed 50 nights in 2019.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Assuming that 2019 is handled the same way as the end of 2018, spend toward the $20,000 to renew AMB will only begin to show on your account after you have stayed 50 nights in 2019.
I think this is correct. I have stays posted this year already but no spend showing up yet. Not a big concern however it does mean we have to trust Marriott IT to be adding up our spend correctly or perform a lot of manual work to verify it is correct when we reach 50 nights.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:34 pm

Ambassador not responding to Emails

Hi All -

I reached out to my ambassador for help using my Suite nights at the end of last year. The first time it took her a week to respond and by then my travel plans had changed. The 2nd time I emailed her she still has not responded. My suite nights ended up expiring because the luxury collection property in Tokyo did not accept them? Was trying to figure it out with the ambassador.

I also emailed her on Monday with some questions and she has not responded. Is this normal? So far the service from the ambassador has been awful. Even when introducing herself via email she didn’t ask any preferences or anything.

Are my my expectations off?

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:56 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rezrez12
Hi All -

I reached out to my ambassador for help using my Suite nights at the end of last year. The first time it took her a week to respond and by then my travel plans had changed. The 2nd time I emailed her she still has not responded. My suite nights ended up expiring because the luxury collection property in Tokyo did not accept them? Was trying to figure it out with the ambassador.

I also emailed her on Monday with some questions and she has not responded. Is this normal? So far the service from the ambassador has been awful. Even when introducing herself via email she didn’t ask any preferences or anything.

Are my my expectations off?

Thanks!
You should always copy emails to your Ambassador to the general email address for the Ambassador service in the wiki above. It's most likely that your Ambassador isn't receiving the emails you've sent, either because you have an outdated email address or because of some other IT glitch. Copying the general Ambassador service better ensures you get a response and allows you to inquire as to why you've not heard from your own Ambassador.

You also might call your Ambassador to inquire as to why you've not heard any response.

Good luck.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:35 pm

@bhrubin : corporate employees, if they are not in office use forward mesages (in their mailbox) to different email, but this world of Marriot IT. I don't see any reason why I must spam two accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.