Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You'll get an email, but it could take a while.

Is your account(s) showing Ambassador status or just your 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend?
Yes app says Platinum Premier + Ambassador. I ended up with 102 nights, $20,255, barley clearing. Of course says zeros now.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BarryL
Yes app says Platinum Premier + Ambassador. I ended up with 102 nights, $20,255, barley clearing. Of course says zeros now.
I hit Ambassador in early Dec and got an email and hour ago. Looks like it is taking some time
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
This was essentially the old SPG rule, with some caveats about whether the restaurant/bar was considered part of the hotel or not. Under the new combined Starriott program, who knows? I wouldn't count on it, partly because there's no longer an effective customer service system to efficiently correct problems, so if you ask, you'll just get meaningless random answers and if you request ex post to get the credit, it's totally unclear what will happen in what time frame, regardless of whether the expenditure should count toward the $20,000 spend or not. It's sad.

Thanks. I still have at least another $1k in pending audits that should easily clear me. Would be funny if they say it doesn’t count because they haven’t posted it by 12/31. Also, it’s annoying they just hit reset on the meter instead of letting you see the 2018 totals for this exact reason.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ucfjoe

Thanks. I still have at least another $1k in pending audits that should easily clear me. Would be funny if they say it doesn’t count because they haven’t posted it by 12/31. Also, it’s annoying they just hit reset on the meter instead of letting you see the 2018 totals for this exact reason.
Best practice: Always print account details as NYE approaches.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by BarryL
Hi everyone, cleared 100 nights + $20,000 spend in about three weeks ago to qualify for Ambassador.

Does Marriott send me an email or something to line me up with an ambassador? I have not heard anything from Marriott. Not really sure how much I’ll use this ambassador unless I go on vacation.
You'll get an email, but it could take a while.

Is your account(s) showing Ambassador status or just your 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend?
Seems very YMMV. I received an email from my Ambassador within a couple of days of achieving status.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Crossover to Ambassador over Stay Checkin 2018 checkout 2019

I checked into a FS Marriott on December 23 for a 10 night stay. On that day I had 112 nights for the year to date. My spend to date on that day was $19,000. By my calculations, I would have reached $20,000 on December 26 based on the nightly room rate.

I will not check out until January 2.

My account (today is January 1) has already rolled over to 0. I am still the same level I was on December 23. It was unchanged from 112 nights/$19,000 on New Years Eve.

Any idea if I will qualify for Ambassador?

Last edited by Salisbury5; Jan 1, 2019 at 1:07 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I came across the post-August promotional video on the ambassador service.

They interview different customers with ambassador status as well as different customer service agents assigned to the ambassador service. In introducing each ambassador agent they disclose how many customers are assigned to each of them.

One had 178 "engaged guests," aka customers with ambassador status. Another has 196. Yet another has 189.

Folks, there could be a lot more with ambassador status than any of us realize.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I came across the post-August promotional video on the ambassador service.

They interview different customers with ambassador status as well as different customer service agents assigned to the ambassador service. In introducing each ambassador agent they disclose how many customers are assigned to each of them.

One had 178 "engaged guests," aka customers with ambassador status. Another has 196. Yet another has 189.

Folks, there could be a lot more with ambassador status than any of us realize.
I think that video is just the old Starwood video.

As to numbers ...Marriotts legacy unpublished plat premier level was more difficult to achieve than the new ambassador service. Since there were three percent plat premiers pre 8/18, I presume its closer to 4 or 5 percent now which suggests there are at 25,000 of us and probably more.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
LoyaltyLobby had a post saying, IIRC it had gone up 2x for each Ambassador for up to 300 now...response times & personalization have of course suffered
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:46 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by C17PSGR

As to numbers ...Marriotts legacy unpublished plat premier level was more difficult to achieve than the new ambassador service. Since there were three percent plat premiers pre 8/18, I presume its closer to 4 or 5 percent now which suggests there are at 25,000 of us and probably more.
Very true and some of those PP's were first time PP's....they might not even have LTPP...
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation

I just had the exact thing happen (SNA cleared, reservation disappeared). I ended up calling the hotel to confirm they are still expecting me, which thankfully is the case.
At the hotel now. When I checked in they had me in a suite I did not select. This hotel had 8+ options for suites. Some were only 400 sqft. The ones I selected where much larger than that.

The hotel can produce a document, that I was never sent, showing I'm upgraded to this smaller suite. I can't produce a document showing that I never selected that suite as an option. The way the system works it should have told me my ug could not be confirmed, but the system did confirm it.

My advice is document anything that is not standard, since the Marriott IT systems seem to be imploding and it's your word against theirs or some document they never shared with you.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR

Marriott's CEO says there are 110 million members of Marriott Rewards. If 4 percent of the 110 million have ambassador status then that's 4.4 million ambassadors. Obviously, it can't be that high.

But what's the real number? It would be interesting if in any regulatory filings they disclose.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
LoyaltyLobby had a post saying, IIRC it had gone up 2x for each Ambassador for up to 300 now...response times & personalization have of course suffered
Whether it's 189 or 300, that's an incredible number given that a significant percentage of them are probably wanting to utilize their ambassadors for special stays at roughly the same time every year (Easter/spring break, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day weekend, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas).
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by deac83
At the hotel now. When I checked in they had me in a suite I did not select. This hotel had 8+ options for suites. Some were only 400 sqft. The ones I selected where much larger than that.

The hotel can produce a document, that I was never sent, showing I'm upgraded to this smaller suite. I can't produce a document showing that I never selected that suite as an option. The way the system works it should have told me my ug could not be confirmed, but the system did confirm it.

My advice is document anything that is not standard, since the Marriott IT systems seem to be imploding and it's your word against theirs or some document they never shared with you.
What's the property? If there are better suites or better regular rooms available then you should ask for either a further upgrade or a regular room.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Marriott's CEO says there are 110 million members of Marriott Rewards. If 4 percent of the 110 million have ambassador status then that's 4.4 million ambassadors. Obviously, it can't be that high.

But what's the real number? It would be interesting if in any regulatory filings they disclose.

there isn't anything in the filings. I suspect the old program had a threshold that was probably 3 percent of active members not just any member. Now its probably a higher percentage. Under the old program, there usually wasn't more than a couple of plat premiers in most hotels but it's easier to make the ambassador service so I'm sure there are more now.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I always try to print the page showing what suite categories I've requested for SNAs.

Was the 400 sq ft "suite" (I assume it must be a junior suite) on the list of room categories for SNAs but one that you dindn't check? Or was there no such "suite" on the checklist when you applied the SNAs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.