Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Good for you for fighting the good fight. Might I ask what the property is? I’ll be most curious.

I am pleased to hear that your Ambassador did at least force the issue enough to help you get the initial suite upgrade you deserved.

I don’t blame you for wanting a nicer suite, but I should caution us all that any suite upgrade (especially from an entry level room) is something for which we should be grateful.

In this case, however, where you had to fight to get the suite upgrade you deserved in the first place, it is not at all inappropriate to expect service recovery to include an even nicer suite upgrade and/or some other compensatory action. I dare say that this is a poorly managed hotel when it behaves so badly—and shows so little recognition for an Ambassador guest, no less. I’m guessing it’s a legacy Marriott.

Perhaps we might consider starting a new thread for unfulfilled suite upgrades at hotels that don’t seem to live up to the spirit of Ambassador status. Just like threads about suite upgrades...but with wikis to make it more obvious when certain hotels seem to fail an Ambassador guest or Ambassador suite upgrade despite ample suite availability online. (I realize online availability isn’t the current delineation for whether a suite is available, but perhaps this might push Marriott for more transparency in that regard.) Regardless, it might shame some hotels into better recognition and treatment.

The only way way to really improve these scenarios is to shame the hotels by sharing the poor experiences on FlyerTalk, TripAdvisor, and Twitter, hoping that enough other people stay elsewhere, too. Only when it hits the hotel’s bottom line does change usually happen.
Casa Monica, Autograph Collection in St. Augustine, Florida.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I agree with you. I've been saying this since April. I think legacy Starwood and legacy Marriott customers in Asia, particularly Southeast Asia, are shafted by the new program, unless there are local exemptions. I can stay 100 nights at Sheraton, Renaissance and Autograph Collection properties in Kuala Lumpur and never hit $10,000 in spending. In Jakarta, I could stay 100 nights and barely hit $5,000.
Try Moxy Bandung. At $30/ night you need 2 rooms booked for entire year to reach 20k
Would be interesting to use this hotel for mattress run for the night count
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver

Perhaps we might consider starting a new thread for unfulfilled suite upgrades at hotels that don’t seem to live up to the spirit of Ambassador status. Just like threads about suite upgrades...but with wikis to make it more obvious when certain hotels seem to fail an Ambassador guest or Ambassador suite upgrade despite ample suite availability online. (I realize online availability isn’t the current delineation for whether a suite is available, but perhaps this might push Marriott for more transparency in that regard.) Regardless, it might shame some hotels into better recognition and treatment.

The only way way to really improve these scenarios is to shame the hotels by sharing the poor experiences on FlyerTalk, TripAdvisor, and Twitter, hoping that enough other people stay elsewhere, too. Only when it hits the hotel’s bottom line does change usually happen.
Create thread about SPG Platinum upgrade success and failure for both marriott and SPG properties this time?
That would be good
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Casa Monica, Autograph Collection in St. Augustine, Florida.
Between that and their breakfast, seems like a cross-off going forward
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Create thread about SPG Platinum upgrade success and failure for both marriott and SPG properties this time?
That would be good
Actually, I had in mind Ambassador upgrade success and failures rather than “just” Platinum. Everyone is curious about the Ambassador success rate for upgrades; such a thread might demonstrate that success or failure rate better than anything else. Especially for certain properties that perhaps fail us more than most and need to be avoided.
damon88, BillBurn and kaizen7 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I think that you are in for a nasty shock next time you book 5* hotels in New York or London...

?? not sure what you are getting at.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by CALMSP
?? not sure what you are getting at.
Your post could be interpreted that you could get 5 star hotels (St. Regis, etc) in NYC for $200. I read it as either staying in NYC/London/etc OR staying in 5 star hotels which is what I think you meant. EuropeanPete is probably interpreted it as the former - and 5* hotels in high cost of living cities usually run more like $700-1000/night for a standard room.

Either way, $200/night is pretty common in most mid to high cost cities in their urban cores. NYC, SFO, etc are more like $300+ a night for 3-4 star hotels. Mid-tier cities (think Chicago, Atlanta, etc) are more like $175-225. You have to be in cheap places to average less than $150 a night (unless you're staying at limited service properties). Prices can also vary a lot depending on what kind of corp codes you use.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Indeed, someone who only stays at 5* hotels in Manhattan and London and who often uses the restaurant, bar, spa, laundry and other services could comfortably hit $20K in 20-25 nights, not 100.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Between that and their breakfast, seems like a cross-off going forward
Beautiful property but one of those things where if they want to be part of Marriott then they need to actually honor the benefits, not just collect the booking revenue that that they wouldn't get if they were fully independent.
C17PSGR and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I'm new to the Marriott app, since I am coming from the SPG side.
I thought I used to be able to see my Ambassador's contact information either on the website, or on the SPG app? I looked for that information this morning, but I don't see it anymore.
I was mainly curious since my last few requests have been handled with a 2-3 day delay, by someone else.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:32 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by dimramon
I'm new to the Marriott app, since I am coming from the SPG side.
I thought I used to be able to see my Ambassador's contact information either on the website, or on the SPG app? I looked for that information this morning, but I don't see it anymore.
I was mainly curious since my last few requests have been handled with a 2-3 day delay, by someone else.
The new app doesn’t show Ambassador contact info, unfortunately. You should ask for your Ambassador info if you wish to speak or email directly with him or her. Emailing [email protected] should help.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Oh i love my Ambassador of 5 years!

Now back to NORMAL ways of wine, chocolates, and suite upgrades on this trip. Just like good ol SPG ways....Thank God!

My boyfriend just loves how we are treated on legacy SPG properties!

C17PSGR and txpenny like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat

The new app doesn’t show Ambassador contact info, unfortunately. You should ask for your Ambassador info if you wish to speak or email directly with him or her. Emailing [email protected] should help.

I have her information. I was curious based on the 2 to 3 day response delay with no out-of-office return messages for the past few months. Looking at my email, my last contact with my ambassador was in August (triggered by an automated combine-your-accounts alert), and all requests since then have been handled by other people.
)Not that I use the ambassador service much...)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:56 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by dimramon
I have her information. I was curious based on the 2 to 3 day response delay with no out-of-office return messages for the past few months. Looking at my email, my last contact with my ambassador was in August (triggered by an automated combine-your-accounts alert), and all requests since then have been handled by other people.
)Not that I use the ambassador service much...)
That’s a long time. It may be worthwhile to inquire as to why you’ve not heard from your Ambassador since August and if you should be assigned a new one. It’s possible he or she left or was reassigned; it’s also possible that the IT issue have precluded yours from receiving your emails/messages.

Even if the overall service is capable of handling your requests, the whole purpose of the status and program is to have one point of contact who knows you and your preferences and can advocate on your behalf.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:05 am

Beautiful property but one of those things where if they want to be part of Marriott then they need to actually honor the benefits, not just collect the booking revenue that that they wouldn't get if they were fully independent.
There are two other Autograph properties that manage to pick n choose MR tc as they please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.