Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:23 pm

20K for 100 nights is an average of $200 per night, not likely average StR or Ritz per diems nor London or Manhattan either. Granted, most folks will have comp award nights and credit card nights included in their averages. I try to stay at or around the $200 per night average but will also spend $600-800 for vacation nights in special properties on vacation so that ups the average a bit. IMHO, it is not that hard to get to 20K in a calendar year when staying 100+ nights.
damon88, EuropeanPete and rny321 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The $20,000 also seems to include other spending when staying at the hotel such as F&B, so it could be people who spend a lot on room service or in hotel bars and restaurants.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The $20,000 also seems to include other spending when staying at the hotel such as F&B, so it could be people who spend a lot on room service or in hotel bars and restaurants.
The $20,000 threshold could hurt Marriott, as someone who stays at hotels in Asia likely won't meet the threshold unless they stay exclusively in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The $20,000 threshold could hurt Marriott, as someone who stays at hotels in Asia likely won't meet the threshold unless they stay exclusively in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore.
I expect that exceptions will be made for guests whose stays are concentrated in low cost regions. My guess is a Platinum Premier, or what ever they are going to be called, staying in Asia probably gets more and better upgrades than those with Ambassadors who stay in the US or Canada.

Last edited by rny321; Nov 25, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
If I am traveling to a city hotel on business, I ask my ambasssador for a quiet room.

If I am traveling with my wife and or family, I ask for an upgrade and any special treatment that they can request.

I guess that I don’t care about upgraded rooms etc while traveling by myself on business.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by CALMSP
not to pry into your spending habits, but have wondered who are these that are hitting the 100 nights with $20k+ in spending. Are you/is Ambassadors spending nights only in St Regis/Ritz for 90% of stays? And in Manhattan or central London?!
I almost never stay in StR or RC. I travel responsibly on other peoples money and less responsibly on my own. I often pay less than 200 in Manhattan but over the course of 125 to 150 nights a year, I'll have bar charges etc so I spend an average of 200 a night over rural Fairfield inns and Marriott full service properties in major cities.
rny321 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by CALMSP
not to pry into your spending habits, but have wondered who are these that are hitting the 100 nights with $20k+ in spending. Are you/is Ambassadors spending nights only in St Regis/Ritz for 90% of stays? And in Manhattan or central London?!
I think that you are in for a nasty shock next time you book 5* hotels in New York or London...
hockeyinsider likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
What are other special requests you have made, either through the hotel itself or your ambassador?
I'm not at the Ambassador level any more, but the majority of my stays are at one hotel. The hotel knows my preferences; thus the Marriott-mandated Pepsi in the refrigerator is replaced with Coke, and Perrier with San Pellegrino before I arrive. Similarly, extra bath towels are placed in the bathroom.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:05 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I don't usually request anything. I'm always happy to receive alcoholic welcome amenities, though it's becoming a rare sight these days. It's okay though, I make up for it from getting plenty a free drink on United Airlines.
hockeyinsider and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by helvetic
I don't usually request anything. I'm always happy to receive alcoholic welcome amenities, though it's becoming a rare sight these days. It's okay though, I make up for it from getting plenty a free drink on United Airlines.
I think we're all alcoholics when we fly.
txpenny likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I request my room to be preset to 67 F and to make sure it can cool to that temperature if at all possible. My profile already indicates this, but I appreciate that my Ambassador reiterates this for each hotel.

I request my welcome amenity to be decent wine, cheese and crackers, or strawberries/chocolates. My husband prefers a bowl of fresh fruit. In the end, I’m usually happy whenever I get a welcome amenity, even when it isn’t my preference.

That’s pretty much it except for special occasion stays. On those occasions, I’ve also asked for special upgrades, for some sort of birthday/anniversary acknowledgement for my husband, etc.
Sure
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I consciously try to keep my special requests light and infrequent, which I am sure keeps me under the radar for GM’s vs. some others here who arrive with “riders” and who are therefore flagged but which works for me.

I’d say that every 4-5 months I’d be really interested in an upgrade which i can’t easily/ affordably get in the Marriott system. My Ambassador has been rather good at securing these for me for me or at times proposing a compromise or paid upgrade from the hotel.

Once every 5-6 months I might need extra help with logistics in a way which i’d only normally expect from a hotel i’m a regular at or a top tier St Regis (e.g. getting a hotel to receive a suit and then press it) and my Ambassador helps with that.

More recently the majority of my stays have had major issues associated with them, so my Ambassador has been fighting the Marriott system on my behalf to try to get the programme basics to deliver. He also now has to excute Your24s and help me with SNA’s as I can rarely use them as well as connecting me with Concierges as their contact details are no longer publically available. My relationship has become much more transactional in the last 3 months, which is a great shame and no doubt as disappointing to my Ambassador as it was to me.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
...As alternatives all I could come up with were Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke/Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, French white wine or a French champagne (emphasis on French to avoid the notorious Andre sparkling wine). I don't think this is over-the-top.

What are other special requests you have made, either through the hotel itself or your ambassador?
Sorry to be the wine police, but Champagne can only be French. Again, sorry. Oenophile....

I just had big save from my ambassador on a resort booking that needed canceling past the deadline to cancel. :thumbsup....
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I'm abit confused with :

Welcome amenity : those fruit platter/wine/plate of cakes/sweets/thin air in the room

welcome gift : choose between points or breakfast or some stuff or fd forgot to ask

is that correct?
HollyGlen likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
Sorry to be the wine police, but Champagne can only be French. Again, sorry. Oenophile....
It all depends who you ask - you're not correct from a legal perspective. US producers of fizzy wine who called it champagne before a settlement was agreed with the European Union are allowed to continue to call their wine champagne in the US and in some other territories (can't remember exactly which ones). Of course, as a European I would be inclined to agree from a spiritual level that champagne has to be from champagne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.