Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
CS at all levels (elite or not) is going to suffer going forward, esp. for ex-SPG folk...this new version of Marriott (which appears to be different from the pre-merger variety) appears willing to be punt on good CS as a differentiating factor
supatight80 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:35 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I have had no issues staying in touch with my Ambassador, but I just had my first heads-up about different email domains for a few of my favorite hotel brands. I hadn't heard back from my contacts at the SLS Beverly Hills and even the St Regis San Francisco...and today learned why. Their email domains have changed with the switchover, causing a bit of a mess, understandably.

It isn't luxurycollection.com any longer; it's now theluxurycollection.com.

It isn't stregis.com any longer; it's now stregishotels.com.

Marriott really was foolish for this change IMO. But it is what it is now.

For those who aren't hearing back from those who used to always be responsive, I can virtually assure you that the new email system is part of the reason. That apparently has caused many more people to call, backlogging the phone lines and voicemails for too many people to count.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I have had no issues staying in touch with my Ambassador, but I just had my first heads-up about different email domains for a few of my favorite hotel brands. I hadn't heard back from my contacts at the SLS Beverly Hills and even the St Regis San Francisco...and today learned why. Their email domains have changed with the switchover, causing a bit of a mess, understandably.

For those who aren't hearing back from those who used to always be responsive, I can virtually assure you that the new email system is part of the reason. That apparently has caused many more people to call, backlogging the phone lines and voicemails for too many people to count.
Changing emails in this way at this time was an asinine decision. It's not even consistent. (Why not luxurycollectionhotels.com? Or thestregis.com?)
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I have an Ambassador is is one of the top SPG Ambassadors for the past 5 years. While she is amazing in wanting to help like a travel agent, she knows virtually nothing about Marriott and how to navigate the system. I, basically, have to tell her how the system works and who to contact. I'm pretty sure that I would be better off navigating Marriott on my own but she really wants to help. I've learned that the thing she does best is contact hotels for future stays.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Angry

Originally Posted by Safti
I have an Ambassador is is one of the top SPG Ambassadors for the past 5 years. While she is amazing in wanting to help like a travel agent, she knows virtually nothing about Marriott and how to navigate the system. I, basically, have to tell her how the system works and who to contact. I'm pretty sure that I would be better off navigating Marriott on my own but she really wants to help. I've learned that the thing she does best is contact hotels for future stays.
You're lucky. I'm having horrible experiences post-merger.

A lot of it sounds like it's problems with the back-end systems not necessarily showing them the same info that we see on the web site (for example, I see rooms online for booking/redemption at a hotel that isn't open yet but obviously well after the opening date, but they see nothing at all), and I suspect some of it is the Marriott-legacy folks not knowing the SPG system and vice-versa.

Has anyone had any luck in getting availability and points redemptions rates for what used to be "Specialty Select" rooms (i.e. non-standard, such as junior or full suites, rooms that allowed more than 2 people in them, etc, all requiring more than the base points) in the SPG system? Either the Marriott-legacy folks don't understand (I swear it sounds like they think I'm asking for a free upgrade months in advance of arrival!) or these items have disappeared from the system and are no longer available as redemption options at SPG properties. I see some Marriott properties have multiple options for redemption (some require more points, some require a co-pay). Perhaps the SPG properties will start showing that too at some point.

I would love it if they could just tell us what they can and can't do, and that would manage expectations on both sides. If they can only interact with what's on the web site, so be it -- I can book rooms myself. If they can only make certain special requests two weeks in advance of arrival, so be it -- I can call the hotels myself.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:13 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Thanks Bill

Have been very surprised that Suiran has not been responding but will try the new address

(weirdly Prince de Galles & Grand Bretagne are still working- just checked and email was [email protected])

Another “Ambassador to the Rescue” story

I could not apply my SNAs to two upcoming reservations next year. My Ambassador said she too was having difficulty but would persevere and I just received notice that they were applied.

As it turns out this is an advantageous time to have an Ambassador!
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by damon88; Oct 15, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
I literally can't get a response. I emailed both the main desk as well as my individual ambassador more than 24 hours ago...no response.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:31 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by zedthedeadpoet
I literally can't get a response. I emailed both the main desk as well as my individual ambassador more than 24 hours ago...no response.
If you're not getting any email response, I recommend calling your Ambassador instead...just push 0 to get connected with an Ambassador team member rather than your Ambassador's voicemail.

(It's entirely possible that your Ambassador isn't receiving your emails or is away/buried with other requests; the general Ambassador email account is definitely backed up and delayed in getting back to people.)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by zedthedeadpoet
I noticed that my ambassador's e-mail changed from @starwoodhotels.com to @marriott-service.com (same username) - maybe try the latter?

(You would think that the old address should also continue to work for at least a few months, but nothing about this merger is going how it should so...)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:55 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stargold
I noticed that my ambassador's e-mail changed from @starwoodhotels.com to @marriott-service.com (same username) - maybe try the latter?

(You would think that the old address should also continue to work for at least a few months, but nothing about this merger is going how it should so...)
The one week I had difficulty reaching my Ambassador (8/18 to 8/23) I was using the Starwood email. Ever since I switched to the new Marriott email I have received prompt responses.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Try the marriott-service address
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Seems like my ambassador (SPG) is having issues accessing the legacy SPG hotel systems today - luckily, my request wasn't urgent and can wait until tomorrow or for a few more days.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
Is there anything special you use your Ambassador for. This is the first year I've gotten one. I've asked her to request upgrades at future hotels for me when I ask. What else?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Couple of data points worth noting

1. I've now stayed within the pasts couple of weeks at a Westin, a W, a Sheraton, and a Luxury Collection. None of them recognized that I was anything other than a Plat. There are suggestions from one or two in this thread that the hotel is receiving information on who is a PPE or a suggested order of upgrades. Perhaps ... but if so, there is nothing to show about it. I received a couple of upgrades but there were clearly being made on the spot by the FD based on what was available.

2. I needed to make a last minute reservation for tonight but the website was being squirrely. I called my ambassador and it seemed like the call went to a voicemail box that wasn't taking messages and zero wasn't recognized. I found an old number called it and got a person who apparently had all my info in front of her when she answered. While I was at the gate, she called the hotel to see why it wouldn't let me book, determined they were oversold, and called me back with another option. Excellent service!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YYJMSP
You're lucky. I'm having horrible experiences post-merger.

Has anyone had any luck in getting availability and points redemptions rates for what used to be "Specialty Select" rooms (i.e. non-standard, such as junior or full suites, rooms that allowed more than 2 people in them, etc, all requiring more than the base points) in the SPG system? Either the Marriott-legacy folks don't understand (I swear it sounds like they think I'm asking for a free upgrade months in advance of arrival!) or these items have disappeared from the system and are no longer available as redemption options at SPG properties. I see some Marriott properties have multiple options for redemption (some require more points, some require a co-pay). Perhaps the SPG properties will start showing that too at some point.

I would love it if they could just tell us what they can and can't do, and that would manage expectations on both sides. If they can only interact with what's on the web site, so be it -- I can book rooms myself. If they can only make certain special requests two weeks in advance of arrival, so be it -- I can call the hotels myself.
Right now I believe that the Marriott booking system only allows point redemption rates for a standard room. Hotels can offer better rooms for award redemptions but they’ll be the standard point rate + a cash upgrade. As one example, you can only book a tiny “bunk bed” room at the Proper hotel in San Francisco. You can book a variety of room types for points & cash at the JW Marriott in Hong Kong.

I think Ambassadors are mostly good at obtaining favors you might get on your own by contacting the hotel yourself, but that you are not entitled to. In my case they have been able to secure reservations at a walk-in-only hotel rooftop bar, and secure preferred view rooms in advance. I have also received fruit and wine gifts in my room, although I’m not sure if that was from my ambassador or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.