Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I checked into the Courtyard Marriott in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. Nice, new property with several nice suites and balconies. No recognition. I was given, according to the front desk, a "free upgrade" to a suite but the suite was on a very low floor. I turned it down and took a king-sized room on the floor floor facing a quiet side of the property. The front desk claimed the other suites were blocked out and not available even though they admitted the guests hadn't checked in yet. I have a hard time believing there are any platinum premiers or platinum premier ambassadors staying here on a Friday evening.
Hey! We just checked into the Fairfield down the road.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Michilander
Hey! We just checked into the Fairfield down the road.
Send me a private message if you want to do a FlyerTalk meet-up drink
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:26 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Another Ambassador data point: mine told me today that they expect to be able to refund my points in the next 7-10 days for previously booked Cat 7 awards that have dropped in points cost. Even my next weekend stay at the StR San Francisco that currently prices at 90K/night will refund back 30K/night eventually—even if it’s after the stay. That reassures me a lot.

This is the first official answer I’ve seen about point refunds on any threads, so I hope that helps set expectations. I can’t be certain that my scenario is the same for anyone else, of course, but I hope that helps!
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
100 SPG Nights = ambassador?

As soon as my missing nights (which get lost during the merger) will post, I’ll hit 100+ SPG-only nights for 2018, but will be short on the 20k$ requirement. Did I understand correct that I’ll still will get an ambassador as I qualify under the old SPG terms which are still valid?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:21 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
My understanding if 2018 rules for SPG still follow the old rules. My suspicion is next year it will have the dollar spends requirement.

i was told to ask if I could keep my Ambassador if I miss, we’ll see.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:44 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Marriott experiences from SPG Ambassador

I have Ambassador status from the SPG side. My Ambassador reports he can now advise with anything Marriott related, but will take a while to get used to all the new systems.

I will be using this thread for reporting any experiences of how SPG Ambassadors help with Marriott properties or account.

So far, I've asked for a few things to be resolved with my account (point transfers related) and waiting to hear back.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:31 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by zemb
As soon as my missing nights (which get lost during the merger) will post, I’ll hit 100+ SPG-only nights for 2018, but will be short on the 20k$ requirement. Did I understand correct that I’ll still will get an ambassador as I qualify under the old SPG terms which are still valid?
For 2018 ONLY, you can qualify again for Ambassador status if you get 100 nights at SPG legacy hotels (you qualify under the old SPG rules and therefore don't need the $20K spending.) That would qualify you for Ambassador status through Jan 2020.

To re-qualify for certain in 2019, however, everyone has to have 100 nights (Marriott or SPG properties doesn't matter any longer) AND the $20K spending.

Keep in mind that Marriott's T&C do still include the ability to invite members to Ambassador status. So it's possible but not guaranteed that you could stay in excess of 100 nights but not hit the $20K spending and still possibly get invited to Ambassador status--but you can't count on it! It's also possible but not guaranteed that you could stay less than 100 nights but hit well beyond the $20K spending and still possibly get invited to Ambassador status--but you can't count on it!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
App says I still need another $9,500 for next year. Boo.

Web site says I have already earned it through Jan 2020. Yea!

Gotta love Marriott IT.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Gotta love Marriott IT.
App and website are written for new rules only. YOU'VE got to keep track and request the change. If you're lucky you will get an agent that knows the rules.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Gotta love Marriott IT.
I have a feeling someone wrote some some interesting conversion codes ...

1. Increase everyones status one level. Oh... look we made a bunch of plat premiers have ambassadors that didn't.
2. New code ... decrease everyone who is PPE+A one level. Oh look ... we took away the ambassador on people who actually have it.
3. New code ... randomly give some people five star.
4. New code ... figure out a way to identify people who have ambassadors and give it back.
5. New code ... hmm ... there are people wtih SPG who have ambassadors but don't have spend .... working ... working.

This may explain why my Marriott app shows PPE+A while the SPG app shows PPE
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Post merger data point upgrade pp with ambassador

I have to be honest. 2 stays this the merger In Marriott properties and had the best upgrade ever in those properties (recurring guest and had to fight for a room with a view upgrade in the past).

Sounfs that in both cases the reservation and front desk was kind of impressed to be contacted by ambassodor prior the stay. They both told me that it’s first time they have someone calling them prior to stay.

Lets hope this will last and that spg ambassador will continue to make it happens even at Marriott properties.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Which property?

And ... there are other threads on ambassadors. Much easier to just search and join in on an existing thread.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by frenchft
Lets hope this will last and that spg ambassador will continue to make it happens even at Marriott properties.
Indeed. Some members (no doubt a minority) on the SPG side occasionally reported experiencing anything from indifference to hostility from front-line personnel after their ambassadors reached out on their behalf. I've only had one for about a year, and only very rarely have I ever involved him in a reservation (already had perfectly good direct working relationships with most of my properties). It'll be interesting to see how legacy Marriott properties adjust to this over time.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Indeed. Some members (no doubt a minority) on the SPG side occasionally reported experiencing anything from indifference to hostility from front-line personnel after their ambassadors reached out on their behalf. I've only had one for about a year, and only very rarely have I ever involved him in a reservation (already had perfectly good direct working relationships with most of my properties). It'll be interesting to see how legacy Marriott properties adjust to this over time.
You got your ambassador already? I have 163 nights this year and have spent over $23,000 this year, but my status is incorrectly listed as Platinum Premier Elite but doesn't list Ambassador. It used to list Ambassador but not anymore. I have contacted Marriott about this because I'm hoping my ambassador can help me with an upcoming reservation.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by smgainey
You got your ambassador already? I have 163 nights this year and have spent over $23,000 this year, but my status is incorrectly listed as Platinum Premier Elite but doesn't list Ambassador. It used to list Ambassador but not anymore. I have contacted Marriott about this because I'm hoping my ambassador can help me with an upcoming reservation.
i got the same from spg. Didn’t change with merger.
smgainey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.