Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
Takes a while to hear back from my ambassador as well ... travel regularly, so it helps if I would get a response in less than 24 hours.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by azoomee
Takes a while to hear back from my ambassador as well ... travel regularly, so it helps if I would get a response in less than 24 hours.
My ambassador always answered within 24 hours as long as she was in the office within 24 hours of my call or email.
After reading about ambassador stories here (legacy and now), I am beginning to think I might have had one of the better ones in the entire system.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
This was a September stay. And car service at SGS is NOT third party. They have their own fleet.

Getting skimped on points and spend credit is just the Marriott way these days . . . .
In fairness, the hotel reports spend to Marriott so this is a matter of a legacy SPG property who has decided to not properly report spend to Marriott which has nothing to do with the "Marriott way." Rather, they are continuing to report spend the SPG way so they don't have to pay Marriott for the extra points.

That being said, I had my third post 8/18 legacy SPG stay today (at a W). In all three cases, they have told me they only see me as a Plat, not a PPE or a PPE+A. I had a nice discussion with the woman at the desk who told me that she has heard the hotel gets the information somehow but she doesn't see it on the system (Lightspeed).

Perhaps this will all change if/when SPG properties are rolled over to the Marriott system and give points the Marriott way. I had a fair amount of non-room spend so I'll e curious how it shows.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
That being said, I had my third post 8/18 legacy SPG stay today (at a W). In all three cases, they have told me they only see me as a Plat, not a PPE or a PPE+A. I had a nice discussion with the woman at the desk who told me that she has heard the hotel gets the information somehow but she doesn't see it on the system (Lightspeed).
Not sure it’s a software system issue versus a property issue. Stayed at a Westin post 8/18 and at check in my room key folder correctly displayed my status.

Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by lovanda
I joined SPG program in 2015 and qualified Ambassador service for 4 years in a row including this year.
I'm extremely disappointed with this ambassador service, my expectation was that to have the personal touch with the single point of contact, and the ambassador gets to know my personality, hobbies, requirement, etc. Disappointingly, my ambassador only responded and reacted, like a sloth, literally, when I brought issues to the ambassador.
Like someone said in this thread, I can book hotel room on Starwood website, through OTA, or even through my concierges. Any common request, I can simply raise to the hotel, I don't have to waste my time going through my ambassador, what I needed him/her to do is to have with some special requests.
I remember clearly the first year I qualified the Ambassador service, I used my suite night awards and contacted my ambassador hoping that my request can be cleared sooner with ambassador's help. I didn't know suite night awards can only be cleared automatically couples of days before arrival (Starwood declares that it's all automatic without human intervene, somehow I don't believe the bxxxxit because my other experience proved what I suspected.). Rather than explaining how the suite night awards are declared to work, my ambassador came back to me as a hotel sales representative, repeatedly suggesting me to pay for the upgrade: $35/night for oceanview and $120/night for suite. I'm like, what?! You are my ambassador, who is supposed to the bridge between clients and the hotels, not a salesperson promoting stuffs to me.
I got really frustrated, and told my ambassador that was not what I wanted, I didn't expect my ambassador to break the rules for me (maybe a little, what's why the ambassador service exists, isn't it?) but don't play the opposite. I spoke to the manager of ambassador service and requested a new ambassador. You know what, the new ambassador doesn't get any better. Each time I called, the ambassador is not available to answer my call, well, I'm in west cost while my ambassador is in east coast, fine. I left a voice message, only until couples of days later did I receive a call back. Sent an email, same, couples of days to turn over. What's worse, ever since I qualified the ambassador service, I was like a ball being kicked between customer service and ambassador. Since my ambassador is so hard to get a hold of, I sometimes spoke to the customer service, and they pulled my account and told me that, well sir, you have ambassador, you can let him/her know, or we can pass the details of your case to the ambassador and have him/her follow up with you.
So, I agree with you, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the ambassador, and the entire ambassador service, maybe some of you guys have really good ambassadors who really care about you and want you make your trip and stay better. But unfortunately, I didn't have that luck to find one.
You can request to switch ambassadors.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I just got the correct status recognition for the first time since the merger at the Four Points Barcelona, including the key card holder posted above. The hotel service is always excellent, so perhaps they’ve either implemented a new system earlier, or they’re taking the time to look up members on a list before they arrive.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
What request do you guys usually ask your ambassador to do?

And also, question for supatight80, do you just tell your ambassador that you would like to have a bottle of wine/champagne in the room ?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:59 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I think it’s well known that I love my Ambassador, but I still don’t get a welcome amenity or card specifically from her on every stay. Nor do I mind. I know she’s on top of things for those that matter most to me. And she knows how much I trust her.

I certainly am more likely to get welcome amenties and/or notes when I stay at nicer hotels. But the teams at those hotels are used to being more personalized and providing better service, too. Hotels most often execute what Ambassadors request. Better hotels better execute those requests. But no hotel can upgrade me to a suite if it’s at 100% occupancy or if it has only a few suites.

I have amenity preferences, and sometimes hotels get them right and other times they get them wrong. I’m happy I received a welcome amenity. It’s the thought that counts in my book. When things go awry, I don’t usually assume it’s my Ambassador’s fault; I more often assume a hotel just didn’t execute. In my experience, upon investigation and whenever I press for details, that almost always has been the case.

I almost always book my own stays on the website or app; I never ask my Ambassador to book for me unless there’s a rare rate issue or other oddity. I don’t want to bother my Ambassador with sweating the small stuff. I want my Ambassador to help me make special stays more special and to provide assistance with the spurious stuff when necessary. Beyond that, I think people are expecting way too much.

I catch up with my Ambassador every now and then via phone, usually to let her know about something particularly fun during a stay or to thank her or her team. But I almost always communicate with her via email otherwise. It’s easier for me, and it’s a lot easier for her.

I want my Ambassador to be able to help me when I need it most, so I never want to bother my Ambassador with stuff she doesn’t need to concern herself with on my behalf. I copy her on just about every email communication I have with hotels so she always is aware of what’s going on and any concerns/issues/requests I may have, but I don’t ask her to intervene unless absolutely necessary.

I let my Ambassador know which stays are more important for me for upgrades and special occasions. I also let her know when I could care less about a suite upgrade (or amenity) so she wastes no more time than is necessary on me. I’m sure she appreciates that as much as the hotel teams might.

IMO Ambassadors think of themselves as the point persons of the teams with which they work at the hotels (and throughout Marriott). They all are part of the team.

I think of my Ambassador and me as a team, too. She helps me a lot, and I like to help her when I can by not wasting her time and understanding when things are out of her control.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by kaizen7
What request do you guys usually ask your ambassador to do?

And also, question for supatight80, do you just tell your ambassador that you would like to have a bottle of wine/champagne in the room ?
It Was pretty much automatic and expected as my preferences are on my ambassador profile. But these were pre-merger times. After August 18, i am pretty much lucky to get 1 extra bottle of water...If even that...

Thankfully however I am still 100% suite upgrades since August 18. But i can feel and tell a huge difference with the Ambassador Program from 5 years ago and the program of late.

Last edited by supatight80; Oct 6, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Delete double post
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I think it’s well known that I love my Ambassador, but I still don’t get a welcome amenity or card specifically from her on every stay. Nor do I mind. I know she’s on top of things for those that matter most to me. And she knows how much I trust her.

Hahaa, shown very clear on your signature

I have amenity preferences, and sometimes hotels get them right and other times they get them wrong. I’m happy I received a welcome amenity. It’s the thought that counts in my book. When things go awry, I don’t usually assume it’s my Ambassador’s fault; I more often assume a hotel just didn’t execute. In my experience, upon investigation and whenever I press for details, that almost always has been the case.
I believe its like what supatight80 said? the profile that your ambassador kept about you ?
Becasue the profile on MR account is just bed type room type and some other room preferences.

I almost always book my own stays on the website or app; I never ask my Ambassador to book for me unless there’s a rare rate issue or other oddity. I don’t want to bother my Ambassador with sweating the small stuff. I want my Ambassador to help me make special stays more special and to provide assistance with the spurious stuff when necessary. Beyond that, I think people are expecting way too much.
Agreed. It will be easier to book yourself than email the request to the ambassador to book for you.
Furthermore, the email surely contail the details of the required stays. for example : Dear Ambassador, Please book a room in St Regis SF for 10-15 Nov. The room I would like to book is non smoking Astor Suite with king bed.
By then you already done 80% of the job ... research the hotel and room type might as well just click that book now button

I catch up with my Ambassador every now and then via phone, usually to let her know about something particularly fun during a stay or to thank her or her team. But I almost always communicate with her via email otherwise. It’s easier for me, and it’s a lot easier for her.
Do your ambassador have issue with her email at this time ?
Mine claims she have issues with her email and didnt receive both emails I sent her. (replying her introduction email)
So she ask me to call her if I never receive any response from her after 24 hours.
And call her directly if I have urgent issue.

I copy her on just about every email communication I have with hotels so she always is aware of what’s going on and any concerns/issues/requests I may have, but I don’t ask her to intervene unless absolutely necessary.
Similarly, my ambassador also request the same.
She also ask me to inform her any reservation I made directly through web or app.

I let my Ambassador know which stays are more important for me for upgrades and special occasions. I also let her know when I could care less about a suite upgrade (or amenity) so she wastes no more time than is necessary on me. I’m sure she appreciates that as much as the hotel teams might.
The stays that you are very certain that you will be away from room for most of the times.

IMO Ambassadors think of themselves as the point persons of the teams with which they work at the hotels (and throughout Marriott). They all are part of the team.
I think thats the overall idea of ambassador program.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:32 pm

Deleted: wrong thread

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Oct 6, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:59 pm

Deleted: no longer relevant
SeeTheLights likes this.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Oct 8, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Interesting read of this thread.
I will be marginal for hitting the $20K this year. Doesn't seem like I should really worry about it anyway...
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Interesting read of this thread.
I will be marginal for hitting the $20K this year. Doesn't seem like I should really worry about it anyway...
Ambassadors have been hit and miss with SPG. Some were excellent and some were non-existent. I have quite a few friends who had “excellent” ambassadors and now they are slow to respond, if at all. Not sure if this is a result of the IT issues or new mgmt direction, but things are not as good as they used to be!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.