Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
that's not how your24 request works....a request has to be sent to the hotel 24 hours before you check-in with your requested check-in & check-out times....now you can't request it yourself as it can only be done through an ambassador....
Ah. Okay. The property still was not aware of it by name or by function, but maybe when done correctly, the property does not have to know much about it and just follow the requests from the Ambassador. Thanks for the explanation.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:21 pm

I am not surprised to see Your24 benefit is now reserved for guests with Ambassador status. it is a phenomenal benefit. I used it 4 times now and had 100% success. I requested 11 pm checkout twice, and 9 pm once. all got approved. my recent request for 8 pm check-out was approved as well. this is an incredible benefit
EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
so I sent in a ticket by email about my missing Amb status, and two days later it is showing again (valid to 2020), and the spend indicator bumped up to exactly $20K.

I got the canned "welcome to Amb service" email, but from a different Amb (located in Nebraska by the area code) saying she's been assigned to me. interesting. I may see if she is more responsive than my previous one.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Copa ConnectMiles Platinum, United Gold
Ambassador assignment

It's been about a month and a half since I reached ambassador, and two weeks ago I got an email saying that I would hear from my ambassador within a week, but still waiting. Is there a way to have them manually assign an ambassador? Or should I just keep waiting for a benefit I was supposed to get over a month ago?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:21 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by joseror
It's been about a month and a half since I reached ambassador, and two weeks ago I got an email saying that I would hear from my ambassador within a week, but still waiting. Is there a way to have them manually assign an ambassador? Or should I just keep waiting for a benefit I was supposed to get over a month ago?
I would reach out to Starwood (Marriott?) Lurker and ask.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joseror
I would wait another week. Just got mine a few days ago.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Where is the tracker that shows how much spend I have with Marriott? I remember seeing it someplace, on the app probably, but I can't seem to locate it again...
I should be getting close to the $20K mark.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Where is the tracker that shows how much spend I have with Marriott? I remember seeing it someplace, on the app probably, but I can't seem to locate it again...
For me it's the first screen on the account summary page of the App. Right where it says what your current status is.

They are extremely stingy in terms of what counts towards the $20k. My number per Marriott is only about 60% of what I've actually spent at SPG/Marriott properties this year. I'm over $18k at SPG/Marriott properties on my SPG card alone (thanks AMEX for the cool graphics) but Marriott says I'm at only $13.6k total (and that would include spend on other cards).
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
For me it's the first screen on the account summary page of the App. Right where it says what your current status is.

They are extremely stingy in terms of what counts towards the $20k. My number per Marriott is only about 60% of what I've actually spent at SPG/Marriott properties this year. I'm over $18k at SPG/Marriott properties on my SPG card alone (thanks AMEX for the cool graphics) but Marriott says I'm at only $13.6k total (and that would include spend on other cards).
Depends on how you define stingy I guess.. it's pretty clear that it's just the base room rate (not including taxes, fees, and incidentals). My numbers line up to about what I would expect ($30K of hotel spend versus about $37K of card spend - that $7K difference being taxes and incidentals).
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Odd, I am pretty sure that mine includes some incidentals at the very least. I had spent $29,000 at the time of merger with 90 nights and I do not believe I could have averaged over $300 base rate as I have been spending a lot of time on rates complaint with tight-... expense policies.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I don't see my spend on the app, but I'm not in range to reach Ambassador status yet. And I believe the number that counts there is hotel spend and not total spend including CC activity (although that should get you points).
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ethernal
Depends on how you define stingy I guess.. it's pretty clear that it's just the base room rate (not including taxes, fees, and incidentals). My numbers line up to about what I would expect ($30K of hotel spend versus about $37K of card spend - that $7K difference being taxes and incidentals).
I thought I made this clear. I define 60% of total spend as "stingy."

Of course it could also be a Marriott error, but since they don't provide any details on the calculation, it would be very difficult to figure that out. I'm not going to hit 100 nights (at 66 now), so it really doesn't matter enough for me to go to that effort. (And of my 66 nights, approx 23 are from cc, so according to Marriott, my "base rate" this year is around $310/night, which seems high since I've got some pretty cheap nights in there.)

Last edited by Kacee; Sep 28, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
I thought that is where I saw it before, sort of under the speedometer thing that has my nights this year...but no spend info is there. Is that where you are seeing yours?
I show Plat Prem with 134 nights, and a link to show details on "nights this year", but no spend data.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I don't see my spend on the app, but I'm not in range to reach Ambassador status yet. And I believe the number that counts there is hotel spend and not total spend including CC activity (although that should get you points).
Correct, it is just hotel spend. Apparently, mine used to be on the app but has since disappeared.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
I thought that is where I saw it before, sort of under the speedometer thing that has my nights this year...but no spend info is there. Is that where you are seeing yours?
I show Plat Prem with 134 nights, and a link to show details on "nights this year", but no spend data.

Correct, it is just hotel spend. Apparently, mine used to be on the app but has since disappeared.
My wife's spend is still being shown on the My Account page of the app. Right under the speedometer thing, as you recall. It also shows on the Overview page on the website.

As to what counts, for the few datapoints I have from post merger stays it looks like we got some food and beverage credit as the full service hotels.

Last edited by Michilander; Sep 28, 2018 at 10:50 am Reason: after thought
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Michilander
My wife's spend is still being shown on the My Account page of the app. Right under the speedometer thing, as you recall. It also shows on the Overview page on the website.

As to what counts, for the few datapoints I have from post merger stays it looks like we got some food and beverage credit as the full service hotels.
Originally Posted by ethernal
First, I'll acknowledge I don't know how the spend pre 8/18 was calculated on the SPG side. SPG was certainly "stingier" on what earned points than legacy Marriott. I'd guess that pre 8/18 SPG spend is calculated using the legacy SPG rules.

Items Ineligible to earn SPG Points

As for legacy Marriott and post 8/18, its definitely working under the Marriott rules which includes charges that are on the folio other than, of course, taxes and resort fees. There are some other obvious limitations such as third party charges on the account that I've never had in over 2000 nights. Credit card spend and catering/meetings don't count. On the other hand, when I've booked two rooms, I've gotten spend/points credit for both.

So, I don't understand why the difference between one of the posters calculation of spend vs. Marriott's spend? What do you think accounts for the huge difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.