Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 2, 20, 9:43 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: HHQX888
Wiki Link
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 14, 18, 8:42 pm

I achieved more than 100 nights and spent more than $20k st Marriott hotel by July, so I definitely qualified for an Ambassador on Aug 18. However I have yet to hear from an Ambassador even though I've called Marriott and asked multiple times. 😡
Old Sep 15, 18, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
You get both. There's an Ambassador hotdesk with really good agents that you can dial, or you have your own Ambassador's direct line.

I can only speak for myself, but I like to think that meeting me is always the highlight of a receptionist's day Practically, we don't really know how Marriott will treat Ambassador guests as yet - my money would be on "inconsistently".

It seems to me then if they are having issues with all the Marriott folks getting new ambassadors why not just give them the general ambassador line and have the ability to call in that way until they are assigned a personal one. Set it up in the prompt section that when you enter your marriott number if you are not ambassador level it says this line is only for ambassadors. That's what I would do!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 15, 18, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Marriott15 View Post
It seems to me then if they are having issues with all the Marriott folks getting new ambassadors why not just give them the general ambassador line and have the ability to call in that way until they are assigned a personal one. Set it up in the prompt section that when you enter your marriott number if you are not ambassador level it says this line is only for ambassadors. That's what I would do!
This should have been done on day one for those of us who qualified for an Ambassador as soon as the rules of the new program kicked in, which should have been August 1st but was actually August 18th.

As it is, I'm not at all convinced that Starriott is even assigning new Ambassadors first to people who qualified first.

The pointless delays are creating resentment before their best customers are contacted by Ambassadors.

It would not have been rocket science to actually count the number of people who qualified for Ambassadors early in the year or were on paths to clearly exceed the requirements. In fact, I'm sure Starriott had analytics to predict the numbers very accurately long before the qualification standards for Ambassador service were announced.
Old Sep 15, 18, 7:11 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Just got that:

"Congratulations! Welcome to Platinum Premier Elite with ambassador status. We’ve been working hard to match you with your Ambassador. We have had a few delays and are sorry that it is taking longer than expected. We appreciate your patience and can assure you that you’ll be hearing from your personal Ambassador within the next week.

Your Ambassador will be your personal point of contact for anything you need, any time you travel. From special in-room requests to local area recommendations and beyond, your Ambassador has you covered."

Let's see what the next week will bring
Old Sep 15, 18, 7:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Originally Posted by flo_147 View Post
Just got that:

"Congratulations! Welcome to Platinum Premier Elite with ambassador status. We’ve been working hard to match you with your Ambassador. We have had a few delays and are sorry that it is taking longer than expected. We appreciate your patience and can assure you that you’ll be hearing from your personal Ambassador within the next week.

Your Ambassador will be your personal point of contact for anything you need, any time you travel. From special in-room requests to local area recommendations and beyond, your Ambassador has you covered."

Received the similar email today.
Old Sep 15, 18, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just got that:

I got this yesterday, of course sent from the general Starriott email account with no possibility to respond.

Why oh why did this email not include a phone number for the general Ambassador service line that people can call when their own Ambassador isn't available?

I'll believe the one week statement only when it actually happens.

ADDED: What's with the "we've been working hard to match you...."? AFAIK there's no matching going on as no one has asked me anything about my preferences in hotels, when/how to communicate with me, etc.

Maybe a more accurate statement would be "we've been somehow desperately hoping to be able to hire some new Ambassadors and quickly train them to be no worse that the typical (terrible) Starriott phone agent these days...." Or even "we're taking our normal incompetent phone agents who have been handling calls so badly recently when they even answer and training some of them to tell callers that they're Ambassadors."

The way this has been (MIS)handled is not causing me to be optimistic that Ambassador service will mean much more than just having phone calls answered without waiting for hours.
hockeyinsider likes this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 15, 18 at 8:13 am
Old Sep 15, 18, 11:04 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I also received the aforementioned email yesterday—even though I obviously already have an assigned legacy Ambassador who I also already know will continue to be my assigned Ambassador in the new Marriott era.

Clearly, this was an automated email to everyone who has Ambassador service. Presumably, they have completed the manual and/or any other IT checks to be sure that their pool of Ambassador elites are truly qualified for the Ambassador service. I’m sure the IT fiasco made those checks more challenging than they had asssumed. No surprise there.

Clearly also, the obvious delay in new Ambassador elites being assigned their new Ambassadors has a lot to do with the obvious Marriott IT fiascos from the systems merge.

I think many here are mistakenly conflating a weakness of Marriott IT with a weakness in the new level of Ambassador service. There is no evidence at all of any weakness for the Ambassador service. There is evidence galore of IT fiascos causing delays with just about every Marriott elite function imaginable. Let’s be sure not to Improperly scapegoat Ambassador service and Ambassadors for the failure of Marriott IT.

Marriott IT caused the delay in new Ambassadors being assigned until this coming week. Marriott IT also caused the delay with already assigned Ambassadors not always receiving communications from their guests, giving the (now obviously false) impression that Ambassadors weren’t responsive.

It turns out that Marriott IT has sucked big time. Everyone now knows that. It doesn’t follow necessarily that Marriott Ambassador service will not impress as much (or as little) as it did in its legacy SPG days.

Last edited by bhrubin; Sep 15, 18 at 11:14 am
Old Sep 15, 18, 11:17 am

Received the same email yesterday.
Reach 100 nights + $20000 spends on 6/9/18
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 15, 18, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
I also received the aforementioned email yesterday—even though I obviously already have an assigned legacy Ambassador who I also already know will continue to be my assigned Ambassador in the new Marriott era.

Clearly, this was an automated email to everyone who has Ambassador service. Presumably, they have completed the manual and/or any other IT checks to be sure that their pool of Ambassador elites are truly qualified for the Ambassador service. I’m sure the IT fiasco made those checks more challenging than they had asssumed. No surprise there.

Clearly also, the obvious delay in new Ambassador elites being assigned their new Ambassadors has a lot to do with the obvious Marriott IT fiascos from the systems merge.

I think many here are mistakenly conflating a weakness of Marriott IT with a weakness in the new level of Ambassador service. There is no evidence at all of any weakness for the Ambassador service. There is evidence galore of IT fiascos causing delays with just about every Marriott elite function imaginable. Let’s be sure not to Improperly scapegoat Ambassador service and Ambassadors for the failure of Marriott IT.

Marriott IT caused the delay in new Ambassadors being assigned until this coming week. Marriott IT also caused the delay with already assigned Ambassadors not always receiving communications from their guests, giving the (now obviously false) impression that Ambassadors weren’t responsive.

It turns out that Marriott IT has sucked big time. Everyone now knows that. It doesn’t follow necessarily that Marriott Ambassador service will not impress as much (or as little) as it did in its legacy SPG days.
Actually, the blame for all these issues falls much higher than the Ambassadors or even the IT staff. We have no idea when IT got their marching orders. We have no idea what resources were made available. We have no idea what training material was generated for the customer-facing staff (Ambassadors and CSRs alike) or when it was (if it was) distributed. Management has failed, let's not shoot those on the front line.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 15, 18, 11:30 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

FWIW- the only Ambassador emails I have received this week have been from my personal Ambassador.

i never received that one.

Old Sep 15, 18, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by damon88 View Post

FWIW- the only Ambassador emails I have received this week have been from my personal Ambassador.

Me neither
Old Sep 15, 18, 11:42 am

Does all ambassadors based in North America?
Old Sep 15, 18, 11:47 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Does all ambassadors based in North America?
No. AFAIK now, there are Ambassadors in N America, Europe, and Asia.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 18, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
Just got that:

I received the same note though quite delayed — made that status about 30 days ago.
Old Sep 15, 18, 1:59 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by damon88 View Post

If you have your communication preference set to not receive Marriott emails, you wouldn’t have received this. So tough to know what the reason might be.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: