Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:53 pm

Deleted: no longer relevant
unclepants and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Oct 8, 2018 at 10:49 am
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
This may well be a YMMV situation but I have had an interesting experience since 18/8.

First, I have called my Ambassador or the general Ambassador line about 6 times (beginning about 19/8 when I first learned on FT that the new passwords could only be a maximum of 20 characters which was stopping me from merging my accounts), and the phone was answered every time within seconds. This alone has made me grateful to have an Ambassador at the moment.

But for the first three weeks or so I was hardly ever getting email responses when previously responses always came in 24 hours or less during the business week.

About a week ago I was talking to my personal Ambassador and I slowly realized that she had not actually been receiving all of my emails. After 18/8 I was using a mixture of the original starwoodhotels.com then marriott.com and marriott-service.com based on either what I had been advised to use or emails I had received post 18/8.

To cut a somewhat long story short, she now emails me using the marriott-service email but cannot receive replies from me when I use that address replying to one of her emails. We confirmed that while we were talking on the phone.

It seems that the only emails she receives from me at the present time are the ones that use her starwoodhotels.com address.

The conclusion we reached was that phone calls are easiest and safest for the time being, and she has reported the matter to her IT department.

Again, this is only my own experience. YMMV
Thanks for that data point. That may explain the presumed “absences” of many Ambassadors, indeed.

To be safe, I’ve been copying my Ambassador at both her new Marriott.com and Marriott-service.com addresses. I’ve had frequent contact with her via email since the merge with no obvious transmission or receipt issues at all.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriot Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend since he/she qualified with merged accounts.
*We will honor Ambassador service for members that stay 100 nights at SPG hotels in 2018." So no 20G requirement for these folks .
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...-ambassador.mi
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by shareski
*We will honor Ambassador service for members that stay 100 nights at SPG hotels in 2018." So no 20G requirement for these folks .
True, but the post to which I was replying just said that 100+ nights was enough in response to a post that claimed to make Ambassador status upon merging accounts. If Ambassador was achieved only at the merging, we can assume that the person (he or she) had not previously accumulated 100+ SPG (only) nights this year.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:52 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by shareski
It’s still possible to earn Ambassador status in 2018 using the legacy SPG rule of 100 legacy SPG nights only (and no concomitant $20K spend requirement).

Otherwise, if one uses any combination of legacy SPG with legacy Marriott nights in order to reach 100 nights, one must hit that $20K spend requirement.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:25 am

So is there a more exclusive line Ambassadors level people are supposed to call? Does everyone call into the same number to get their ambassador or do you get their personal number?

Also to me if the front desk person can't read or doesn't know the code for ambassador that could be a huge loss in trying to get a upgrade. Now does a ambassador actually have any more pull for a upgrade then a Plantium Premier member? If i walk up and say I am a ambassador is that a "wow" moment for them?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Marriott15
So is there a more exclusive line Ambassadors level people are supposed to call? Does everyone call into the same number to get their ambassador or do you get their personal number?
Mine I think is a direct dial to her - but if it hits her VM, I can prompt to get to the general Ambassador line where I can get instant help
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Marriott15
You get both. There's an Ambassador hotdesk with really good agents that you can dial, or you have your own Ambassador's direct line.

If i walk up and say I am a ambassador is that a "wow" moment for them?
I can only speak for myself, but I like to think that meeting me is always the highlight of a receptionist's day Practically, we don't really know how Marriott will treat Ambassador guests as yet - my money would be on "inconsistently".
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Ambassador Service. You've Earned It.

Just got this email:

Congratulations! Welcome to Platinum Premier Elite with ambassador status. We’ve been working hard to match you with your Ambassador. We have had a few delays and are sorry that it is taking longer than expected. We appreciate your patience and can assure you that you’ll be hearing from your personal Ambassador within the next week.

Your Ambassador will be your personal point of contact for anything you need, any time you travel. From special in-room requests to local area recommendations and beyond, your Ambassador has you covered.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by getagb
Just got this email:
How long between obtaining status and receiving the email?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Segments

How long between obtaining status and receiving the email?
I had the status since August 18, and just received the email today.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ikwia
I had the status since August 18, and just received the email today.
Same
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by getagb

Same
My Ambassador called me 2 days ago, I too got the status on the 18th.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:42 pm

I achieved more than 100 nights and spent more than $20k st Marriott hotel by July, so I definitely qualified for an Ambassador on Aug 18. However I have yet to hear from an Ambassador even though I've called Marriott and asked multiple times. 😡
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You get both. There's an Ambassador hotdesk with really good agents that you can dial, or you have your own Ambassador's direct line.

I can only speak for myself, but I like to think that meeting me is always the highlight of a receptionist's day Practically, we don't really know how Marriott will treat Ambassador guests as yet - my money would be on "inconsistently".

It seems to me then if they are having issues with all the Marriott folks getting new ambassadors why not just give them the general ambassador line and have the ability to call in that way until they are assigned a personal one. Set it up in the prompt section that when you enter your marriott number if you are not ambassador level it says this line is only for ambassadors. That's what I would do!
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.