Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 2, 20, 9:43 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: HHQX888
Wiki Link
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 31, 18, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by spgplat21 View Post
Have any newly qualified PPE+Amb received an ambassador yet?
I have not heard anything from the new MR Ambassador team.

I have 168 nights (124 butt-in-bed) and over $28,000 spent just at Marriotts alone this year. I have fewer than 10 SPG nights this year, and probably only another $1,000 in spend on SPG. I've not yet combined my accounts.

This is really quite ridiculous/frustrating. The Ambassador team can't possibly be the same team of folks who are working on any remaining issues from the rewards programs combination. When I checked into my hotel in St. Louis this week, I inquired at the front desk what they saw my status as: only PPE. When I asked if their system said anything about "ambassador status" or "M0" code, the FDC said no. *eyeroll*

-mvitale
Old Aug 31, 18, 1:56 pm

You're not missing out on much. I've been SPG Ambassador for 2 years and her presence is negligible. Besides a monthly "Here your are following stays" email, there was really nothing different. Oftentimes it was faster to just call the SPG Plat line and ask them for assistance.
Old Aug 31, 18, 2:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Ambassador status data point (and for regular guest) at the StR San Francisco:

Didn’t get Your24 approved pre-merge for 12 pm check in today. Arrived at 12:10 pm...had nice lunch in lobby bar. Got automated notification from new Marriott and SPG apps on iPad and Android that my (upgraded) Suite was ready—at 12:53 pm. A very nice surprise with very early check in....and also a nice surprise to see a new addition to the apps!

Also, the GM and hotel manager both stopped by to say hi and catch up. And I met the new food/beverage manager, as well (I had to flirt a little because he was so darn adorable).

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 31, 18 at 2:48 pm
Old Aug 31, 18, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
I'm going to suggest the mods that we merge these threads ... maybe "Post Merger Ambassador Program?"
Seems like a good idea. Done.

Bruce
C17PSGR and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 2, 18, 1:27 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So… my Ambassador has had a clearly crazy workload and has been trying hard to help with a number of merger-related issues that sprang up. That said, he seems to be constrained by systems. The good news is that they can now help with Marriott-side things like attaching 7-night certificates, etc.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 2, 18, 2:42 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
Fortunately my Starriott conversion went pretty smoothly. My stay 8/17-8/19 took extra long to post but finally did—my SPG credit card points also posted belatedly— and a family points transfer SPG-SPG initiated 8/16 (had to wait for CC bonus points to post first) still has never arrived in my account but (fingers crossed) everything else looks OK. I should be getting points refunds for an October Prince de Galles & a November StR Princeville stay but I told my Ambassador to hold off a week or two before initiating in the hope things will be working better then. (She seemed very grateful I was willing to wait ). In addition I was able to get the SPG Amex Luxury card during the 3 day window to be eligible for the bonus (and already received it)

I have my first post 8/18 Marriott stay next week (at a legacy SPG property). Very interested in how PPE + A status will be recognized.
SeeTheLights and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:15 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
This is my first time ever getting ambassador.

Where do you find the general ambassador email address. I don't see it on my app or on website login.

Do I call in the Marriott line to get this info? There seem to be a very long wait due to merger.
Old Sep 3, 18, 9:37 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by yeunganson View Post
This is my first time ever getting ambassador.

Where do you find the general ambassador email address. I don't see it on my app or on website login.

Do I call in the Marriott line to get this info? There seem to be a very long wait due to merger.
I’d assume Marriott has new contact info for the program, as even my Ambassador contact info changed with the merged systems on Aug. 18. I therefore would wait until you are contacted via email by the Ambassador team before reaching out on your own.

I’m sure that Marriott wants to be sure that it has its systems corrected before it reaches out to new Ambassador guests. I already can imagine someone mistakenly indicated as an Ambassador level guest freaking out and insisting on keeping that status even though it wasn’t earned. I can only imagine Marriott wants to avoid that scenario at all costs.
Old Sep 3, 18, 11:58 am
Suspended

New data point: Ambassador status gets me specialty suite upgrade way in advance

Another data point for Ambassador STATUS (and not necessarily any direct action by an Ambassador):

The SLS Beverly Hills already has upgraded my paid entry level room for 2 nights in Oct to a SLS Suite—that’s a pretty special suite upgrade, and well beyond the standard suite pool.

FWIW, I had reached out directly to request an upgrade since I didn’t want to bother my Ambassador during this chaotic period. I had been to this hotel only once before, last June for a 1 night award stay. It turns out my Ambassador already had inquired for me about a suite upgrade, as well. My Ambassador was going to apply 2 SNAs for me tomorrow but told me today she wasn’t going to bother now—since I’m already taken care of.

I’d say the hotel is treating me extremely well...yet again. And it has everything to do with me being an Ambassador level guest.
damon88 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Tit, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Presumably the only way to know nowadays is to ask your Ambassador? I don’t think the new website gives any information about room type?
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
Presumably the only way to know nowadays is to ask your Ambassador? I don’t think the new website gives any information about room type?
When you have a legacy SPG booking and go the “View/Modify” link on Marriott.com, it does take you to the original starwoodhotels.com reservation booking which does show the room type. If you do this from the apps, they merely take you to Marriott.com to do the same thing,

The Marriott app on my phone did show my current StR stay upgraded suite type a few days prior to arrival—though that did disappear a day later. The SLS Suite is showing now on my SPG app on my phone, however—so there’s more hope.

So the functionality is there, even if the IT team hasn’t sorted it quite yet.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 3, 18, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
My Ambassador let me know today that they are now allowed (or free) to start working on legacy Starwood reservations that are due points back
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 3, 18, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
My ambassador seems to have disappeared post merger. I've had the same ambassador for years and in the past she's always responded within a few hours when I've emailed her during her office hours. If after hours, I'd always get a bounceback email saying she's out of office and either she gets back to me first thing the next day or sometimes even another ambassador answers my question overnight. I emailed her a week ago and didn't get an acknowledgement or bounceback. I followed up a couple days later to ask if she'd received my first email and haven't had a response to that one either. Her initials are BY. If anyone else here has her as your ambassador, have you had similar issues?
Old Sep 3, 18, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I called customer service about a problem and lo-and-behold apparently my account is locked and only my ambassador can view my trips. I don't exactly have the best one; she never does any proactively and it seems it's always easier to just book myself, call the hotel, or call the Platinum support line.

So now I have to deal with my Ambassador? Seems it's gone backwards.

Originally Posted by ac/elite View Post
My ambassador seems to have disappeared post merger. I've had the same ambassador for years and in the past she's always responded within a few hours when I've emailed her during her office hours. If after hours, I'd always get a bounceback email saying she's out of office and either she gets back to me first thing the next day or sometimes even another ambassador answers my question overnight. I emailed her a week ago and didn't get an acknowledgement or bounceback. I followed up a couple days later to ask if she'd received my first email and haven't had a response to that one either. Her initials are BY. If anyone else here has her as your ambassador, have you had similar issues?
My Ambassador has never been proactive in the first place.

Last edited by alphaod; Sep 3, 18 at 10:36 pm
Old Sep 4, 18, 4:17 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by ac/elite View Post
I have exactly the same issue, sent already two follow up emails but did not receive any response or even acknowledgement of receiving my email. My ambassadors initials are MP, she's based in Ireland.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: