Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 22, 19, 4:14 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bhrubin
Wiki Link
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 21, 18, 12:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny View Post
While may will diminish this benefit, I'm going to contact my good buddy bhrubin and see if there's a way to get his ambassador.
just get bhrubin as your ambassador

20 nights to go for me to reach ambassador. ( should reach that mid september)
hopefully by then all the issue from merging process finalised
bhrubin and txpenny like this.
Old Aug 21, 18, 2:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
My status is recognised as Platinum Ambassador, but it's clearly a bit all over the place still. On the website it says that I have Ambassador through to January 2020, which I wouldn't expect to have just yet (I'm 11 nights away). The website also hasn't captured my lifetime status (which was SPG Gold) and says that with 530 or so nights and 9 years Elite status that my next level is Lifetime Silver.
Old Aug 21, 18, 5:19 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
20 nights to go for me to reach ambassador. ( should reach that mid september)
hopefully by then all the issue from merging process finalised
Congratulations! As someone who has already qualified (on both nights and spend) for PPE+A, hopefully by mid-September I'll have already been assigned an Ambassador!

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
My status is recognised as Platinum Ambassador, but it's clearly a bit all over the place still. On the website it says that I have Ambassador through to January 2020, which I wouldn't expect to have just yet (I'm 11 nights away). The website also hasn't captured my lifetime status (which was SPG Gold) and says that with 530 or so nights and 9 years Elite status that my next level is Lifetime Silver.
Hmmm. The website only tells me that I have my Ambassador status through January 2019. But...Now It's Personal!

-mvitale
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 18, 7:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG & Marriott Plat
I've combined my accounts and am now Platinum Premier Elite + Ambassador but it doesn't state how long I have the Ambassador for nor does the website display details of my Ambassador. How can I get these two details?
Old Aug 21, 18, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Mileage Plus Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Michilander View Post
My wife was Plat, not PP, is a few thousand points short of old LTP/new LTPP, but should easily make that by the end of the year. She got Ambassador and the app is showing a spend of about $16.5K. Quite a few stays still booked this year, so I don't know if they looked at that, too, when making the Ambassador decisions.
Looks like there were some initial spending glitches. My wife dropped from PPE+A to PPE this morning. Should easily make the $20K by end of year.
Old Aug 21, 18, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier; UA Platinum Premier; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Michilander View Post
Looks like there were some initial spending glitches. My wife dropped from PPE+A to PPE this morning. Should easily make the $20K by end of year.
Same thing happened to my wife.
Old Aug 21, 18, 11:30 am
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
FWIW, I again already have been upgraded to my preferred Metropolitan Suite on an award booking for the StR San Francisco over Labor Day weekend. No SNAs applied. This would qualify as yet another impressive Ambassador level benefit/experience, I think.

This upgrade isn't something that happened because my Ambassador did anything in this case. This is something that happened because of my elevated Ambassador status and because I am a returning guest to this hotel (my last stay was July 2018; my penultimate stay was Dec 2017.) The StR San Francisco has never not upgraded me to a suite; every upgrade but one has been to the better-than-SNA Metropolitan Suite; only once did I get the upgrade to the SNA pool Astor Suite.

I also emailed my Ambassador yesterday about getting this StR San Francisco award booking "reset" to the new award points requirement (down from 90,000 points/night to 60,000 points/night). She advised me that their system still doesn't allow them to adjust such bookings, but they are hoping they can do so by the end of this week. I told her I trust her completely and will patiently await further word. I am pretty sure that having an Ambassador is going to make it a lot easier for me to get my award points reset to the reduced levels.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 21, 18 at 11:40 am
Old Aug 21, 18, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
I've combined my accounts and am now Platinum Premier Elite + Ambassador but it doesn't state how long I have the Ambassador for nor does the website display details of my Ambassador. How can I get these two details?

Old Aug 21, 18, 1:06 pm

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
FWIW, I again already have been upgraded to my preferred Metropolitan Suite on an award booking for the StR San Francisco over Labor Day weekend. No SNAs applied. This would qualify as yet another impressive Ambassador level benefit/experience, I think.

This upgrade isn't something that happened because my Ambassador did anything in this case. This is something that happened because of my elevated Ambassador status and because I am a returning guest to this hotel (my last stay was July 2018; my penultimate stay was Dec 2017.) The StR San Francisco has never not upgraded me to a suite; every upgrade but one has been to the better-than-SNA Metropolitan Suite; only once did I get the upgrade to the SNA pool Astor Suite.

I also emailed my Ambassador yesterday about getting this StR San Francisco award booking "reset" to the new award points requirement (down from 90,000 points/night to 60,000 points/night). She advised me that their system still doesn't allow them to adjust such bookings, but they are hoping they can do so by the end of this week. I told her I trust her completely and will patiently await further word. I am pretty sure that having an Ambassador is going to make it a lot easier for me to get my award points reset to the reduced levels.
was quite impressed by my ambassador those days... she has never answered and manage the things so fast... was very surprised. odd.
Old Aug 21, 18, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

I applied SNA for my stay at StR SF.... 26/8 to 29/8 and 31/8 to 02/9 (this second stay should make me their repeat plt no? )
Still no words if it accepted or not.

With the repeat customer treatments, I believe it still depends on the property.
I did some stays at StR Singapore, 4 stays this year to be exact, and I only got 1 cat upgrade most of the times.

Next year, I will stay there again at least 5 more times, and I'm pretty sure I will reach ambassador for next year.
Will be interesting to see if repeat Plt ambassador treated differently or not
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by kaizen7; Aug 21, 18 at 3:05 pm
Old Aug 21, 18, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Richard Yu View Post
Lifetime Plat w/ Marriott and just got my Ambassador status there after the merger with SPG. New to this whole Ambassador business -- for you SPG-ers out there, what can an Ambassador help me with that the hotel concierge can't?
There are a couple of threads in the SPG forum that have extensive discussion of the SPG program and have comments by several with SPG ambassadors (such as the one below). Marriott had an unpublished program for the past couple of years and there are at least a couple of us who had legacy Marriott ambassadors. My experience in the Marriott program seems consistent with the bulk of those describing their experiences with SPG ambassadors.

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur View Post
Simple question....does any of you have with "ambassador level" prior to the merge received any communication about the merge without soliciting it from your Ambassador?

One thing for sure, I can lose my Ambassador, that would make zero difference. I truly don't want to lose the info this community is bringing...way more valuable and fun!
I received some general info from my legacy Marriott ambassador about the program. On the other hand, it seems apparent that were told to qualify everything with the caveat that they are waiting for more details.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There's a thread on this in the Marriott forum, but it's ugly. I hope this one gets more reasonable responses.

Perhaps the best way to keep this one more focused would be to avoid comparisons or attacks on the legacy programs since they are combined or to avoid focusing on generalized hotel experiences -- neither of which add value for any of us. Many of us on here spend a lot of time in hotels, generally have good experiences (or we would have switched), and understand that hotels where we stay at regularly or organize meetings will treat regular guests and meeting organizers differently. Not everyone's stay patterns are the same, of course, and people meet the 100 night/20k spend requirement in a variety of types of hotels and those who stay at Element/Aloft/CY/Fairfields and meet the requirements shouldn't be treated as second-class citizens.

Perhaps, we could stick with a semi-objective approach which states what specific request we made of an ambassador, what hotel (if applicable) the request was for, and how the hotel (if applicable responded to it. Vague descriptions or discussing treatment at particular hotels that did not involve the assistance of an ambassador don't add value for most of us. For example, , I learned that my Marriott ambassador could assist with an SPG property pre-August 18 (and vice-versa) and sought that assistance. Similarly, I learned that the Your24 concept which seemed to be a reduced benefit from my experience as a long-term Marriott Plat Premier,could be requested as a 10 PM arrival/959 PM departure which is not something I had realized.

With this objective approach, I'll note that I contacted my ambassador to make a booking last weekend since I didn't entirely trust the website over the transition weekend, she answered with my name and profile on her screen, and quickly made the booking. At my request, she contacted the hotel, the Cosmopolitan, and asked them to prioritize me for an upgrade and a 4 PM checkout. When I arrived, the Cosmopolitan had upgraded me one tier to a high floor fountain view suite (but not the wraparound that some others have reported in the Cosmopolitan thread) and would only give me a 2 PM late checkout (its a resort, so no 4 PM guarantee). While I liked the hotel and was happy with the service, the hotel did not do anything that seemed to treat me differently than any other gold/platinum member.

I know that the SPG Lightspeed system did not provide any information regarding whether the person had an ambassador. I would be interested in whether anyone has a legacy SPG property recognize they are at the Ambassador tier post-August 18 without having the ambassador contact the property first or be a repeat guest.

Old Aug 21, 18, 3:50 pm

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
I know that the SPG Lightspeed system did not provide any information regarding whether the person had an ambassador. I would be interested in whether anyone has a legacy SPG property recognize they are at the Ambassador tier post-August 18 without having the ambassador contact the property first or be a repeat guest.

Mentioned by a GM and a Zone area GM last week : in November they switch to the Marriot system where all details about status will be available on booking screen. They switch to marriott system, but it's planned for November for full deploy.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 21, 18, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
They can overpromise and underdeliver.
Old Aug 21, 18, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'll be at a legacy SPG hotel that knows me in the next few days and I plan to ask them if they can see my LTPP with Ambassador status. I was preupgraded long before August 18th (or in fact August 1st IIRC).
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 21, 18, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I'll be at a legacy SPG hotel that knows me in the next few days and I plan to ask them if they can see my LTPP with Ambassador status. I was preupgraded long before August 18th (or in fact August 1st IIRC).
I'll be very interested to hear what you learn. When I stayed at a couple of legacy SPG properties last month, they confirmed Lightspeed didn't show any difference between levels of plat or whether someone had an ambassador unless there was a request in the system from the ambassador. One of our posters said he was told they are getting a list of some type now from something other than Lightspeed. Obviously, it would be strange to create status levels that they property can't see! Additionally, I'm not sure that having an ambassador as a benefit, is the same as being a different status level than those who are plat premiers but don't have an ambassador with a benefit.

Search this Thread