Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Originally Posted by UASPG
It took a while but my status now shows Titanium Elite.
Same here, no email from my ambassador - but not really surprising. Was glad to at least utilize their services for my February and March trip.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 11:21 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
So sad, I had the greatest ambassador for three years, then she went to greener pastures, got a welcome message from my new ambassador. Beyond the welcome and a quick reply, when I had a simple COVID19 questions it went into a black hole, no response nothing, not even the generic I'm out of the office reply I got when she wasn't working. Sigh, I am now a believer some have / had great ambassadors and now believe those who think theirs are useless, hoping mine won't be hired back when we get over this COVID19
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I've now dropped to Titanium. No goodbye from my Ambassador for the last few years or reaction to my recent issues. Laters Marriott. Where I have discretionary hotel stays in the coming years it won't be with you.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I've now dropped to Titanium. No goodbye from my Ambassador for the last few years or reaction to my recent issues. Laters Marriott. Where I have discretionary hotel stays in the coming years it won't be with you.
I've also dropped to Titanium now and that's only because I'm a lifetime Titanium member. I had the same great ambassador since I think 2013 and was very sorry to lose this service. We had a good conversation before my status changed and she indicated that a lot of her former SPG customers, like me, didn't re-qualify as a result of Marriott's policy of only giving night credits for one room. Marriott is free to have any policy that they like, but from a business perspective it doesn't make sense to me why they care whether they get the 100 nights and $20k spend by way of a single room or 3 rooms for some of the nights. Anyhow, in my case it cost them a lot of money. Last year I knew that I wouldn't have 100 nights on my own, as at least 30 of my nights in the past generally came from additional rooms when traveling with my employees to trade shows. So, I didn't bother even trying. When traveling with staff, I often chose different brands rather than pay a premium to stay with Marriott. I also used a lot of points for free nights when traveling for pleasure. As a result, I went from an average of 110-150 nights/year without credit card bonus nights in previous years (and over $20k spend) to only 62 nights and $3350 in spend in 2019, and that included the 15 nights from my credit card. I became very friendly with my ambassador over the years and have her personal phone number and email address. She let me know that if I'm ever really in a bind and need help, she'd be happy to assist. Either way, we'll keep in touch.
bluestrudels likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:09 pm

Update on Ambassador service:

As an Ambassador Elite member, you are among our most loyal and valued members. As such, I wanted to reach out personally to keep you updated on the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on our company and our program. You may have seen a message from our CEO, Arne Sorenson, in which he shared his thoughts about how much our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event, and how much we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world that are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus. I hope you and your family are taking precautions and remain healthy.

Today, governments around the world are making decisions to halt nonessential business activity, and many of our Ambassadors work from contact centers around the globe that have been required to close. As a result, we have adapted the way we deliver the Ambassador Service to you, while enabling us to protect the health and safety of our associates worldwide.

As we continue to react to the unfolding situation, your personal Ambassador may not be available to assist you directly. To preserve the level of service we strive to deliver to Ambassador Elite members, we have engaged our global Ambassador Service team to respond to and address your needs, just as we do after-hours when your personal Ambassador is not working. This approach will help us ensure you get the timeliest response to any travel needs you may have.

For now, we ask that you reach out to the Ambassador Service by email at [email protected] or call: • North America: (Toll-free) 1 (866) 924-9885 • Europe/Middle East: +00353 214 861 222 • China: +86 20 3813 1068 or (Toll-free) 4008807211 • India: +91 124 6199 722 or (Toll-free) 18002582512 • Singapore: +65 62339854 or (Toll-free) 18002339854 • Japan: +81 3 4334 2498 or (Toll-free) 0120558803

I know many of you will miss the one-on-one relationship you may have built or were looking forward to building with your Ambassador this year. While this decision was necessitated by the fight against COVID-19, please know we are committed to returning to business-as-usual when it is safe to do so and permitted by governments. Expect to hear from us again soon, with news about program updates, including 2020 Elite status requirements.

Whether you are traveling now or in the future, I want you to know that your safety, as well as that of our associates, is a top priority. Despite these current hardships, our Ambassador team around the world is waiting to serve you.

Please be safe and stay healthy,
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Wrong thread.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
I will say that I'm pleased that Marriott has elected to extend Amabassador status as well as all the others. It's a nice load off my mind of not having to hit the $20k threshold this year.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:56 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by GTJoe
I will say that I'm pleased that Marriott has elected to extend Amabassador status as well as all the others. It's a nice load off my mind of not having to hit the $20k threshold this year.
I think all that we achieved this year should be rolled over.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by t1c
I think all that we achieved this year should be rolled over.
??

We will have a full year in 2021 to achieve status for 2022.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 7:57 pm

Any Ambassadors status members still see 2021 membership expiry date in your Bonvoy App?
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileageking
Any Ambassadors status members still see 2021 membership expiry date in your Bonvoy App?
Yes, I still see the same expiry date. They announced it two days ago, even for most programs with good infrastructure that would be quite quick to get it pushed out. And for Marriott, they will probably need a "few" days extra.
mileageking likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I've now dropped to Titanium.
Mate, I am surprised to hear this, how did this happen? For someone who stays in hotels 300+ nights per year it's not entirely straightforward to NOT requalify for Marriott AMB status. Assuming Hyatt for 60+ nights plus Hilton another 60+ nights, it still leaves plenty of room for Marriott unless you actively tried to avoid them because of a previous beef with them?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, I still see the same expiry date. They announced it two days ago, even for most programs with good infrastructure that would be quite quick to get it pushed out. And for Marriott, they will probably need a "few" days extra.
On my account page on Marriott.com, it now indicates :

You are Ambassador Elite

MEMBER SINCE 2004

Your Elite Status is valid through February 2022

Old Apr 10, 2020, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
On my account page on Marriott.com, it now indicates :

You are Ambassador Elite

MEMBER SINCE 2004

Your Elite Status is valid through February 2022

Website says 2022, app says 2021. Will chose to believe the website
mileageking likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:47 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by escape4
Mate, I am surprised to hear this, how did this happen? For someone who stays in hotels 300+ nights per year it's not entirely straightforward to NOT requalify for Marriott AMB status. Assuming Hyatt for 60+ nights plus Hilton another 60+ nights, it still leaves plenty of room for Marriott unless you actively tried to avoid them because of a previous beef with them?
I did 80 nights with Marriott and slightly over $20K, but consciously decided to avoid them for the last few months and so got down to just a couple of 1 night stays and then a few nights at the SGS over Christmas. I didn't want the hassle of incorrect stays, broken promises, missing points, dodgy communication etc. and had the added benefit of avoiding me being tempted to stay more with them in 2020.

Last year I had 4 months in the South Pacific which was mainly local homestay/ non-chain plus 3 months at home and 3 months at an AirBnB in Paris/ Chisinau - so a lot less normal hotel stays than usual. I picked up 25 Hyatt nights, 15 Okura and a bunch of random non-chains in Oct-Dec.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.