Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:41 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I travel quite a lot though, that's sort of the point

The Ambassador line normally does the trick, and I find the Chinese/ Japanese Ambassador line agents very capable (so long as no follow-up is required), but as I mentioned above, the Ambassador line is down at the moment.
I just called; it dropped the first time, and the second time I got an Ambassador from China. She said there have been phone line issues (which I know happen not infrequently there) but that otherwise operations are normal. I'd say give it another try. Good luck!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I'm really annoyed about properties who are willing to charge for a late checkout post 4 pm where initially a Your24 request was initiated and rejected.

So basically the room is available, but not for Your24 benefit, just for a charge. This is silly really. The Your24 benefit will never work if it is not enforced Once you leave it for the property to decide, the benefit is unreliable. This year I have came to realize that Ambassador level is not worth the extra 25 nights from Titanium.
yyzlhr, SpeedRicer, UA-NYC and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum, Marriott Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
yes since i have merged and my old Ambassador was so great she left work a new Ambassador send me introduction email i never hear back from her as well no reply from her to my emails
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:16 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ramibaba
yes since i have merged and my old Ambassador was so great she left work a new Ambassador send me introduction email i never hear back from her as well no reply from her to my emails
Sorry to hear your old Ambassador left. When did you get the intro email from your new Ambassador?

With any new Ambassador, I always encourage everyone one to copy the general Ambassador email service to be safe whenever you email your Ambassador. One or the other should therefore be able to respond to you within a day or two at most. If you require more prompt service, then call your Ambassador or the general Ambassador service.

If you continue to reach out and only hear back from other Ambassadors and never your own after 3 or more attempts, I would call and speak with your Ambassador and share your disappointment and frustration. If nothing improves, I would contact the general service by phone or email and request a new Ambassador.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:31 am

on Last year, 29 August Exactly my old Ambassador emailed me that she will Quit the work and a new Ambassador will be assigned
""Thank you for your message. I hope you and your family are keeping well. May I take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy Birthday.
As per your kind request, I have attached an e-certificate for 120,000 points to your reservation c#86744368 at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach from the 2nd to
4th September. The E- certificate number for your reference is 11828795.
Your early arrival request is well noted and is in pending status, subject to availability. I have also advised the hotel that you will be celebrating your birthday.
On another note, I wish to inform you that I will no longer be you ambassador as from the 31st August 2018 as I am leaving the company. Your new ambassador will reach out to you in due course.
It was a pleasure to assist you and I wish you safe and pleasant travels in the future.
With warmest regards,
XXXXXXXX
Marriott International
On 3 Sept, 2019 i received an email from my new Ambassador introducing herself and i have replied as well to her Greetings. 5th Sept she as well replied wishing me a Wonderful Day, that was last Contact, after that i have sent several emails without any reply so i try to reach property directly for any additional Request.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:33 am
Suspended

on Last year, 29 August Exactly my old Ambassador emailed me that she will Quit the work and a new Ambassador will be assigned

On 3 Sept, 2019 i received an email from my new Ambassador introducing herself and i have replied as well to her Greetings. 5th Sept she as well replied wishing me a Wonderful Day, that was last Contact, after that i have sent several emails without any reply so i try to reach property directly for any additional Request.
I think you mean Sept 2018.

So call and complain to the Ambassador service as I just suggested! They can't help you if they don't know your assigned Ambassador isn't responding to you.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I think you mean Sept 2018.

So call and complain to the Ambassador service as I just suggested! They can't help you if they don't know your assigned Ambassador isn't responding to you.
oops yes 2018
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:32 pm

Only been Amb for a few months, but my experience so far has been good. Haven’t gotten any special surprises yet but as a (mostly) business traveler those don’t matter much to me personally. But any time I reach out with a question about a property for personal stays my Ambassador has been ultra helpful and responsive (often within an hour, and never more than a couple hours) and either will directly reach out to the property to get answers or connects me directly with the correct people at the property. No complaints.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:44 pm

Till now not even any reply from '[email protected]'
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Till now not even any reply from '[email protected]'
So call the toll free number?

You received your Ambassador notice last Aug 2018. Are you sure you still have Ambassador status and that it didn't end on Feb/Mar 1?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
So call the toll free number?

You received your Ambassador notice last Aug 2018. Are you sure you still have Ambassador status and that it didn't end on Feb/Mar 1?
YES i am %100 sure Still Ambassador till Feb 2020
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:53 pm
Suspended

YES i am %100 sure Still Ambassador till Feb 2020
Definitely call the toll free number and ask for an Ambassador manager (or for one to call you back on Tuesday after the holiday weekend).
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:35 pm

I was just invited to a in person session. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it -

As one of Marriott Bonvoy’s most valued members, we would like to offer you an opportunity to help shape the Ambassador Member experience of the future. You are invited to participate in a two-hour discussion group on:

Wednesday, September 18th, with sessions at 5PM and 7:30PM.

If you believe this would work with your schedule, please reply with your availability by 5PM EST tomorrow, Tuesday, September 10th. If you are interested and are selected to participate, we will provide you with a cash reward following the discussion group. Slots are limited, and will be filled in order of response.
C17PSGR, damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I was just invited to a in person session. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it -

As one of Marriott Bonvoy’s most valued members, we would like to offer you an opportunity to help shape the Ambassador Member experience of the future. You are invited to participate in a two-hour discussion group on:

Wednesday, September 18th, with sessions at 5PM and 7:30PM.

If you believe this would work with your schedule, please reply with your availability by 5PM EST tomorrow, Tuesday, September 10th. If you are interested and are selected to participate, we will provide you with a cash reward following the discussion group. Slots are limited, and will be filled in order of response.
Very interesting. Do you suppose they've clued in to the fact that not everyone is having the bhrubin/damon88 "my ambassador is amazing" experience?
bhrubin and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Very interesting. Do you suppose they've clued in to the fact that not everyone is having the bhrubin/damon88 "my ambassador is amazing" experience?
I assume they targeted ambassador members in my hometown however a Wednesday is probably not the best day since it takes a lot of travel to hit that level. As a Ambassador for past 6-7 years I would love to air my grievances and understand where they are planning to take the program. Kind of upset I’m missing this.

A great example of how this program cannot differentiate levels is last week a titanium coworker and me both checked into a hotel, at the same rate, for the same number of nights and we’ve both probably spent ~30 nights at this hotel. My coworker was upgraded to a suite and as an Ambassador they couldn’t even get me a king bed, which is the room type I reserved. I would just like to understand how Marriott is holding these properties accountable.
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.