Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
You only get the SNAs when you request them. I'm at 69 nights and haven't made my selection so no 2020 SNAs in my account yet.

At 75 nights, you can choose another 5 SNAs or free night (worth 35K pts), which IMO is a better option. There are also other options at 75 nights.
free night at 75 is worth up to 40k pts, which is definitely a better option than another set of SNAs.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:59 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
I am in the same situation as Margarita Girl. I am getting complimentary upgrades to speciality suites and even preupgraded at properties as an Ambassador Elite. But my Achal ambassador is non responsive most of the time and difficult to reach. I find emailing or calling general ambassador line to be much more helpful. I still find tremendous value from being Ambassador level so will requalify for sure but the actual Ambassador service hasn’t been that great as it was when I had one with SPG.
If your Ambassador is non responsive, I'd immediately contact Ambassador management via email/phone and ask for a new Ambassador.

I think most people will find 2020 to be a lot better responsiveness with Ambassadors once the non-$20K spending elites drop out of the status. I also think more people will begin to realize the much improving benefits of the actual Ambassador status, itself, that have nothing to do with the actual Ambassador agent.
SeeTheLights and andrewstahl like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by bhrubin
If your Ambassador is non responsive, I'd immediately contact Ambassador management via email/phone and ask for a new Ambassador.

I think most people will find 2020 to be a lot better responsiveness with Ambassadors once the non-$20K spending elites drop out of the status. I also think more people will begin to realize the much improving benefits of the actual Ambassador status, itself, that have nothing to do with the actual Ambassador agent.
She was great when we were at SPG but been bad in last year or so. The general line explained that she went from 100 to 300/400 customers so she is super overwhelmed. But they said the same thing as bhrubin, that 2020 will be much different because many people will not requalify and they are hiring several new Ambassadors. If it isn’t better in 2020 then I will ask to change.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:43 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

She was great when we were at SPG but been bad in last year or so. The general line explained that she went from 100 to 300/400 customers so she is super overwhelmed. But they said the same thing as bhrubin, that 2020 will be much different because many people will not requalify and they are hiring several new Ambassadors. If it isn’t better in 2020 then I will ask to change.
The reasons really do not matter; either your Ambassador is or isn't as responsive as one should be. Ambassadors should be responsive. Enabling that non-responsiveness helps no one. If there are bad or badly performing Ambassadors or Ambassadors who have too many guests to cover, that needs to be rectified.

If you choose to complain about that non-responsiveness, then the program and/or your Ambassador can act on your behalf to better respond to your needs or to re-assign you to a new and more responsive Ambassador.

If you choose to not complain or act on that non-responsiveness for whatever your reasons, that's perfectly fine...but then you shouldn't be complaining about it, either.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That logic can get you into a lot of trouble if you don't tread carefully. While my Ambassador is in no doubt about my level of satisfaction with the Marriott programme, I decided that I'd rather deal with a competent knowledgeable Ambassador who is massively overworked (and with dodgy email) than throw the dice into the pool of Marriott-era who are unlikely to have that much more time but who apparently have a good chance of being utterly useless.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
That logic can get you into a lot of trouble if you don't tread carefully. While my Ambassador is in no doubt about my level of satisfaction with the Marriott programme, I decided that I'd rather deal with a competent knowledgeable Ambassador who is massively overworked (and with dodgy email) than throw the dice into the pool of Marriott-era who are unlikely to have that much more time but who apparently have a good chance of being utterly useless.
We all have to decide what's important, of course. But if we choose to accept it and enable some sort of weakness/problem, we really shouldn't be complaining about it. We can't have it both ways.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
We all have to decide what's important, of course. But if we choose to accept it and enable some sort of weakness/problem, we really shouldn't be complaining about it. We can't have it both ways.
i wasn’t complaining about my Ambassador just answering the question about my experience so far. I think you are reading more into my comments. Honestly actually happy with Bonvoy so far and don’t really have too many complaints at all. And I agree with European Pete. Willing to give her a chance since she was great before during SPG days.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:44 pm
Suspended

i wasn’t complaining about my Ambassador just answering the question about my experience so far. I think you are reading more into my comments. Honestly actually happy with Bonvoy so far and don’t really have too many complaints at all. And I agree with European Pete. Willing to give her a chance since she was great before during SPG days.
If I misunderstood, my apologies!

But I would hope that any less responsive Ambassador is told of that dissatisfaction. I think everyone knows how much I adore my Ambassador, but even I have shared my dissatisfaction on a few issues over the years. Honesty in the present is almost always the best policy if we want to avoid issues of disappointment in the future.
SeeTheLights likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:02 pm

If I misunderstood, my apologies!

But I would hope that any less responsive Ambassador is told of that dissatisfaction. I think everyone knows how much I adore my Ambassador, but even I have shared my dissatisfaction on a few issues over the years. Honesty in the present is almost always the best policy if we want to avoid issues of disappointment in the future.
Agree for sure. I told my own Ambassador and also the supervisor from the general line. Will see if next year is better. Hoping so
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:55 am

Marriott's problems tend to compound themselves and eachother -- for example, the ridiculous ongoing utter IT failures force me to audit the points posting on practically every stay, which wastes my Ambassador's time (and mine). These problems apparently aren't getting fixed anytime soon.

As Marriott displays zero willingness to improve the situation for ALL support staff across the board by taking these simple and fundamental steps, I see no reason to expect that our poor Ambassadors' loading will change in the future. Marriott will simply cut back on staffing again when/if population drops.
EuropeanPete and UA-NYC like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Bidding on my first Marriott Moments since the merger and I realised I'm limited on my bids by each. There doesn't appear to be any functionality to change a bid online, and when I call the Ambassador line it's dropping me off whether I call via Skype or direct within 10 seconds. I bought $100 of points 12 hours ago, but they still haven't come through. Trying the non-Ambassador line and experiencing how mind-numbingly annoying the automated system is - fighting with it over not recognising my number despite it being registered, insisting on a postcode which my address doesn't have and when I finally got through I was then transferred to another team who only work US work hours.

So. Much. Hard. Work.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Aug 28, 2019 at 11:41 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Bidding on my first Marriott Moments since the merger and I realised I'm limited on my bids by each. There doesn't appear to be any functionality to change a bid online, and when I call the Ambassador line it's dropping me off whether I call via Skype or direct within 10 seconds. I bought $100 of points 12 hours ago, but they still haven't come through. Trying the non-Ambassador line and experiencing how mind-numbingly annoying the automated system is - fighting with it over not recognising my number despite it being registered, insisting on a postcode which my address doesn't have and when I finally got through I was then transferred to another team who only work US work hours.

So. Much. Hard. Work.
Call during regular business hours? But I've never had any issue calling the Ambassador line. Email the general service and ask someone to call you?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:05 am

Call during regular business hours? But I've never had any issue calling the Ambassador line. Email the general service and ask someone to call you?
For those of us outside the US, regular business hours are not always massively convenient My auction ends at 5pm local time, and I'm on a plane from 1pm so I am going to be cutting it tight.

I really must be experiencing these issues worse than most. Despite this really annoying me I went to book a hotel for my next business trip on Marriott.com and the booking system is down once again. It's one thing after another.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:34 am
Suspended

For those of us outside the US, regular business hours are not always massively convenient My auction ends at 5pm local time, and I'm on a plane from 1pm so I am going to be cutting it tight.

I really must be experiencing these issues worse than most. Despite this really annoying me I went to book a hotel for my next business trip on Marriott.com and the booking system is down once again. It's one thing after another.
I would have assumed you have an Ambassador closer to your location. And the Ambassador general line answers after business hours in the USA all over the world in my experience, so I'd have guessed the same happens elsewhere.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:36 am

I would have assumed you have an Ambassador closer to your location. And the Ambassador general line answers after business hours in the USA all over the world in my experience, so I'd have guessed the same happens elsewhere.
I travel quite a lot though, that's sort of the point

The Ambassador line normally does the trick, and I find the Chinese/ Japanese Ambassador line agents very capable (so long as no follow-up is required), but as I mentioned above, the Ambassador line is down at the moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.