Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:03 am

Reason for some people getting elevated treatment -

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/marri...-elite-status/
K7Beach likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
How much you want to get TPG got an invite in exchange for "leaked" coverage of the program
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Interesting that rc reserve properties and rc yacht are instructed to provide elite benefits for cobalts but not bvlgari properties
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:55 am

Wonder how many DYKWIAs will badger hotel employees to nominate them for Cobalt lol
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:00 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Interesting that rc reserve properties and rc yacht are instructed to provide elite benefits for cobalts but not bvlgari properties
Bulgari is a different animal altogether. Bulgari uses Marriott’s booking/distribution system and uses Marriott’s Luxury team to manage its properties, but it isn’t a Marriott function in any other way. Bulgari owns the brand and properties and obviously doesn’t want to be included in any way with Marriott Bonvoy or even Marriott. Ritz-Carlton Reserve and Ritz-Carlton Yachts already have a Marriott-owned brand in their names, so including them to some degree makes more sense.

kaizen7 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Help! How do I get a new Ambassador?

Had the same Ambassador for quite some time and, although I have not been demanding at all, I feel like they provide no assistance when I really need it. Has anyone successfully changed out people on the other end? How did you request a change and did it get better? Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Ping the Lurkers for a new one
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Had an unpleasant experience today. Staying at the Fontecruz in Lisbon (Not sure how this hotel is a 5 star hotel, it feels like a 4 star hotel).

I had a Your24 request approved 3 days out to check in early (mind you it wasn't that early as well, I requested a 1 pm early check in). And upon arrival the room was not ready. I don't understand why hotels do this. I mean you had the option to reject the request rather than raise my expectations.

On another note, as an ambassador elite, it seems like that level only can be to Balcony rooms and not to suites (this is from a letter that was given to me from the GM).

I was one of those who had the privilege to be part of the Ambassador service prior to it being a published benefit, back then it was fantastic. However, that's not the case anymore. I sent a note to my ambassador showing my displeasure and asking to change the Ambassador. Sadly, his response was and has always been robotic like. Hopefully will see some results soon.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:37 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Had an unpleasant experience today. Staying at the Fontecruz in Lisbon (Not sure how this hotel is a 5 star hotel, it feels like a 4 star hotel).

I had a Your24 request approved 3 days out to check in early (mind you it wasn't that early as well, I requested a 1 pm early check in). And upon arrival the room was not ready. I don't understand why hotels do this. I mean you had the option to reject the request rather than raise my expectations.

On another note, as an ambassador elite, it seems like that level only can be to Balcony rooms and not to suites (this is from a letter that was given to me from the GM).

I was one of those who had the privilege to be part of the Ambassador service prior to it being a published benefit, back then it was fantastic. However, that's not the case anymore. I sent a note to my ambassador showing my displeasure and asking to change the Ambassador. Sadly, his response was and has always been robotic like. Hopefully will see some results soon.
Thank you for your message. We’d like to look into this. Could you please send us more information via private message or email us at [email protected] ?
We look forward to hearing from you.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III
Thank you for your message. We’d like to look into this. Could you please send us more information via private message or email us at [email protected] ?
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you. Email sent.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
For those of us that have an ambassador... Does your ambassador ever reach out to you proactively, or does he or she ever check in with you?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by dimramon
For those of us that have an ambassador... Does your ambassador ever reach out to you proactively, or does he or she ever check in with you?
No and no.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:25 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Rarely--but then that's what I would expect and what I prefer. I reach out when I need her; I don't bother her when I don't.

But you may prefer something else, which is OK, too. Just let your Ambassador know what your expectations are, and see how you and your Ambassador can negotiate to work it out so that it's a good fit for you both.

Good luck!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Once or twice my Ambassador sent me an email that was an ad for some promo in which I had no interest: spam with a personal touch. She was also very eager to combine my SPG and MR accounts as soon as that was possible but I said no as the accounts were messed up.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Yes, she does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.