Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : Ambassador experiences [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 16, 19, 12:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Generic ambassador email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 15, 19, 4:23 pm
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
SLS?
I think he means the SLS Beverly Hills, one of our favorites in LA.
Old Mar 15, 19, 4:24 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Starriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

My individual spend last year was $45K or so. I also spend more for my college tour groups, but that spending doesn’t qualify at all towards my Ambassador spending so I assume it has no bearing on my elite treatment (though it can’t hurt).

I truly doubt any Ambassador guest who spends $20K or more is treated low-value, to be honest.

I think my fortunate treatment is a combination of several factors unrelated now to spending—since starting this year all Ambassadors must spend at least $20K:

(1) I stay more often at luxury hotels that already are absolutely better at delivering excellent service.

(2) I stay more often than most at lower occupancy periods when it’s easer to upgrade me and easier to deliver excellent service. (This can be true even for luxury hotels as I know all too well outside of the Marriott portfolio.)

(3) I work with my Ambassador to help her help me achieve my priorities. We’re a team. I know she has my back and works hard to help me achieve my priorities. She also knows I have her back.

(4) I think my expectations of what top tier Ambassador status should and can be are more realistic than those of others. My Ambassador has NEVER let me down—even as I haven’t always gotten what I wanted.

(5) I never blame my Ambassador or the general Ambassador team when things go awry. And thus far, my Ambassador nor the Ambassador team have ever been responsible for things that have gone awry—though a few times I was less than pleased by the general Ambassador team’s response.

(6) I also reach out to hotels myself in some circumstances. Like I said, my Ambassador and I are a team IMO. Today I reached out to the RC Half Moon Bay myself after my Ambassador was informed yesterday and told me today that there is a 40 lb weight limit and that we couldn’t bring our 100 lb Ridgeback for our April stay—even as the website shows no weight limit and I’d previously been confirmed. I took care of it myself since I know my Ambassador was getting over being quite ill. I also told the RC team that making me have to call after my Ambassador already had been in touch made them and her look bad for no good reason. I suspect the RC will have a discussion about this. In the end, I have permission to bring our dog.
I want your Ambassador. Maybe I should ask for a new one… I've had several chats with an Ambassador supervisor and they keep convincing me to stick with mine… but I really don't feel like I get anything that special and it's a struggle to ever get a response. I've got a thread I've been trying to get resolved since Dec and I haven't heard about it from anyone since then, despite 5 follow-ups. It's been 4 MONTHS!
Old Mar 15, 19, 4:28 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
I want your Ambassador. Maybe I should ask for a new one… I've had several chats with an Ambassador supervisor and they keep convincing me to stick with mine… but I really don't feel like I get anything that special and it's a struggle to ever get a response. I've got a thread I've been trying to get resolved since Dec and I haven't heard about it from anyone since then, despite 5 follow-ups. It's been 4 MONTHS!
If I’d gone 1 month without hearing back from my Ambassador, I’d insist on being assigned a new one immmediately. You absolutely are due to insist on a new Ambassador IMO.

Heck, I emailed my Ambassador last Friday and got a reply email on Monday from someone else on the team because mine was out (ill as it turned out, but I didn’t know that until today).
Old Mar 15, 19, 5:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by DEN ConsultMonkey View Post
Is your idea of elevated service having the FD say "thank you for being an ambassador member"? Pretty sure that this is where service stops for me.

Where are you staying? That is impressive, considering I am 0/33 on the year.

I have yet to see a property go out of their way to treat me differently than ANY other customer, be it a non-bonvoy member, gold or titanium. I truly can not identify one differentiation from platinum/titanium status.

This is crazy to me, given my experience with my ambassador. I travel regularly, so over and above is not critical on business stays. With that being said, I have received the room I booked 33/33 nights this year. I dont even know what I would do if I saw the interior of a suite at a Bonvoy property! =)
Data Points:
Nights-120+
Spend- 50k+
Property Types- 85% full service
Nights- 33
Spend- 10k+
Property Types- 100% full service

As many of you have suggested, I have been clear with my ambassador about when I feel things are important.

My data points are as follows:

Request: Weekend stay with my family at property with lots of suites. Indicated that it was a special occasion for the family, and that we were hoping for as much space as possible. Also noted that we would be traveling for considerable amount of time and that we would appreciate if we could get in the room early so that our little one could nap. Applied SNA. My ambassador assured me that she contacted the hotel and they would see what they could do about a room, and noted that we would be arriving early.
Result: Arrived at property to check in early. Was told that early check in was not possible and that room would be ready well after check in time. Was told that there had been no correspondence with ambassador. Received a room with broken glass on the floor and not suitable for children.

Request: Took the in laws on vacation with the family. Requested connecting rooms. Ambassador confirmed connecting rooms and upgrade request on her behalf.
Result: Tried to check in at check in time. Rooms were not ready until 30 & 40 mins after check in time. Property denied ever being contacted by Ambassador. Did not receive connecting rooms. Reached out to ambassador and general ambassador line. Did not hear back until after stay was completed.

Request: No request, but expected a good stay when checking in for a three night stay at a premier Bonboy property on my birthday.
Result: Almost got walked, received last room (not a desirable room).

Request: Help identify properties that would be suitable for quick vacation for myself and wife. Desperately in need of a nice vacation and looking for places with good Ambassador recognition and not a base level room on points.
Result: Ambassador sent a list of Bonvoy properties at requested destination.

I am honestly at a loss. I do not see any incremental benefits after 50 nights. SNA's are almost NEVER getting confirmed, this remains true for all members (no preferential treatment for ambassadors), and ambassadors can not confirm in advance. I care about breakfast benefit only when I am on vacation, yet most true vacation properties play games. Resort fees on award stays... For all of the evangelists, what am I missing here? Is it that easy to get a kick a** ambassador? Does bonvoy really consider this to be a benefit that people will dedicate additional spend to? Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to ask for a new Ambassador? Lurkers? Please, someone, anyone convince me that Hyatt or a combo of Hyatt and Hilton are not a better alternative.
Listen I truly feel bad for your experiences but maybe you should take on a little responsibility here and follow up with your Ambassador a day or 2 before your arrival. Ask him or her who they spoke with and or who replied to the email they claim they sent. Get names and maybe from time to time take a few minutes and call the property yourself and speak to 1 of the higher mgrs or even the GM. If hotels are claiming they did not receive any emails from your Ambassador that would be a red flag to me. I would immediately be peppering my Ambassador with questions as to why the hotel is claiming otherwise and demanding for a supervisor.

Look I love my Ambassador. She is based in Omaha and we speak a lot and she is wonderful. But I also want to perhaps know more than the avg client. Like if she tells me she sent an email to the property I will find out who replied back to her. To me that is a no-brainer. I am equally involved with her gathering info, not just receiving general info. But that's just me. Mainly because I have a lot of requests like 10 extra small feather pillows, AC that is not motion sensored and can go to 60-62 degrees if I wanted, a fan in the room, an extra fridge with some bottles of water, etc... she makes things work and if my requests aren't met she will be on the phone calling the GM immediately.

Bottom line, at least until you feel comfortable with your Ambassador's ability to get things done you should be more involved with these special requests. Call the hotel and get specific info from your Ambassador. And if they are not getting the job done ask for a supervisor and switch Ambassadors.
Old Mar 15, 19, 6:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat100, DL Diamond, AA Executive Platinum (former CK)
Wow

10 extra pillows?

I’m going to ask my Ambassador for 11.
Old Mar 15, 19, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
10 extra pillows?

I’m going to ask my Ambassador for 11.
It's a challenge to get pillows that are all the same size and all feather, even with the help of my ambassador agent. I seriously don't understand it. I know housekeepers are overworked and underpaid, but if it's on the guest manifest, attached to the reservation and you're contacted by the guest's ambassador ahead of time then you should be able to get the correct pillows in the room. Half the time they're polyester fill pillows and the other half of the time they're a mix of feather and polyester fill pillows.
mikebor likes this.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Mar 15, 19 at 7:18 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 15, 19, 7:06 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Starriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
I don't get why y'all need so many pillows… I find the usual 4 too much and usually throw a few on the floor. I only need one, and if it's too big my neck will be sore the next day.

What are y'all doing with so many pillows? Being pillow-forts? Having romantic pillow-fights? ��
Old Mar 15, 19, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I don't get why y'all need so many pillows
I request extra feather pillows because requesting extra pillows is, unfortunately, the only way to specify the type of pillow. Feather pillows used to be brand standard at legacy Marriott, but increasingly over the past two years or so they are being replaced at many pillows with polyester fill pillows.

Being pillow-forts? Having romantic pillow-fights? ��
This isn't unheard of, actually. See here:

The Hyatt Regency in San Francisco made a grown man’s childhood dreams come true by presenting him with an incredible pillow fort upon his arrival.

https://www.babble.com/parenting/ben...hyatt-regency/
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I don't get why y'all need so many pillows… I find the usual 4 too much and usually throw a few on the floor. I only need one, and if it's too big my neck will be sore the next day.

What are y'all doing with so many pillows? Being pillow-forts? Having romantic pillow-fights? ��
For me they have to be the double bed size not the king. And I use 3 under each arm and 4 for my head.
Old Mar 18, 19, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plat, Bonvoy Amb, HH Dia, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Do you have really bad luck of staying at convention hotels during a convention or something? This is amazing, assuming you, in fact, have ambassador status.

I'd be curious to know the properties. Maybe there's a correlation, such as managed by the same third-party as opposed to upscale, full-service properties or full-service properties managed directly by Marriott.

Even when I was a legacy gold or legacy platinum (not legacy platinum premier) in legacy Marriott Rewards I never got this bad of treatment on a consistent basis. I would be raising holy hell with the properties beyond the front desk clerk if I received rooms with broken glass or if the property threw my ambassador under the bus and claimed they never spoke to the ambassador.
Yes, do in fact have Ambassador status. No correlation on management/ownership. My ambassador noted the "bad luck I have been having", dating back to last year, however no real improvement has been made.

Haha, no, I honestly could care less about the FD recognizing me. It's nice to hear at check-in to know they know my status, but I've always found the recognition to come in other ways that actually means something (to me).
Was clearly kidding

At the RC Coconut Grove for example, the parking valet on my arrival knew my first name as soon as I gave him my last name; clearly, I had come up as a VIP at the morning meeting! I then walked in to check in and they didn't even mention my Ambassador (or even Platinum) status. Of course, I also had been pre-upgraded several days before from an entry level room to the 3rd best suite on property; clearly, I was being recognized. Then that morning before I even flew from California, I noticed I had been upgraded again to the 2nd best suite on property.
One of my examples was a RC, 5 night stay, suites available for sale. Not once was I recognized or treated as a VIP. In fact, did not get foam pillows (requested prior to check in, and various times directly at front desk... even suggested I carry them myself) until third night of stay. No recovery effort other than a cheap bottle of wine.

It is of interest to me that those of us who seem to report wonderful Ambassador treatment also seem to identify the hotels at which we stay. Those who don't report positive Ambassador treatment do not ever seem to identify the hotels at which you stay.
Are you looking for my entire stay history? Like I said, I have 33 nights this year, I was only referencing instances off the top of my head. RC Dove Mountain, Marriott Marquis. Seeing as I posed a question in my original post (See "Am I doing something wrong?"), I am not looking to publicly shame any properties (I am a repeat guest at many properties). Furthermore that is not the intent of the post. The value of an ambassador should be apparent and consistent across the entire portfolio, not just relevant on off day stays at properties I have to search a forum to find.

For your 33 nights this year, if can ask, what were the hotels? Were by chance they business centric hotels over weeknight stays? How long were your typical stays?
Stays are typically 2-3 nights in major cities. Often hotels with relatively high occupancy, but again, if ambassador treatment and recognition is limited by occupancy constraints, I think Marriott should/would have added that into their T&C's. Also, like I alluded to in my post, I dont care much about my business travel stays. I try to communicate clearly to my ambassador when a stay really matters (leisure stays). As I suggested in my post, I did this on two occasions, both of which resulted in complete failures.

Also, if your hotels are at higher occupancy, chances obviously are slimmer that you would get a suite upgrade. That wouldn't be Marriott playing any games at all but just a reality of occupancy. Always tough to tell from the descriptions shared here.

If your hotel stays are longer, it's understandably less likely that a suite upgrade will be available for the entire duration of your stay.

Finally, if your hotels don't have many suites in the first place--as is true most often (but not always) with the non-luxury hotel brands--then the upgrade pool may may include only a few or no suites. In my experience, this tends to also be a significant factor.
My post is not about suite upgrades. I understand how the process works based on occupancy and suite count. My post is speaking directly to the value of the ambassador, the incremental benefit of the status level, and the reasoning for spending 20k+ and staying 100+ nights vs looking at another chain. Like I said in my post, all stays have been FS, RC, JW, Mar Marquis and ren properties.

It is worth noting that SNAs are processed independent of our Ambassadors. Ambassadors have no control over their success. But for the record, my SNAs cleared at the St Regis Bahia Beach for 5 nights with no contact from my Ambassador other than to request an even higher suite category if possible. The hotel was sold out, so I only got the SNA specific garden suite and nothing more.
I completely understand how SNA's work, or are supposed to work. I have asked my ambassador specifically which approach I should take, be it SNA, have ambassador inquire etc. My ambassador is of 0 value here, and would not answer my question directly, so I have tried both approaches.

I wouldn't say 30 of 40 min after check out time would be totally unreasonable, even if violates the technical terms. Certainly, I would hope for better. But this also can depend on the quality of the hotel. But it's also happened to me, most recently at the St Regis Atlanta last May--where I had to wait several hours for the suite I was guaranteed.
RC- Base level room. I know RC quality has gone down but...

I think you and I have different expectations for what an Ambassador can and should do for us in such a scenario. We all have the directories available for hotels that might interest us. I've never asked my Ambassador to behave like a travel agent and suggest properties to me. Considering a significant proportion of the new portfolio is also unknown to most Ambassadors, I think you may have expected too much.
Never asked to be a travel agent. Specifically asked for HER experience with hotels in a destination, and their treatment of elites. (Anecdotally, When initially offered a list of properties that "her clients loved" that were all Marriott properties, I inquired if she could reach out to legacy SPG ambassadors for their opinions on the SPG properties in the area. I got the response that she was legacy SPG.) Point being, asked for input based on experience. Received feedback. Feedback was in direct contradiction to many FT posts regarding elite treatment at said properties. No value, and no "working with each other, complementing each other" despite my efforts.

I think your choice of hotels may have more to do with your challenges than anything to do with your Ambassador.
Maybe I should compile a list of compliant and non compliant hotels. Maybe I should compile a list of hotels with good elite recognition and reference that every time I book. Maybe I should reach out to my ambassador to find out which hotels may treat me well. But shouldnt that be the entire value of the program- not having to do all of that...

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I wouldn't expect Ambassadors to know all Starriott hotels, but they might be able to suggest several in locations with multiple luxury-type Starriotts that in their experience have treated Ambassador guests well in the past. An experienced Ambassador should have some familiarity with some of the properties and not just provide a list. In fact, a good Ambassador could check the proportion of suites and their descriptions at a small number of likely properties and then even contact the liaisons at a few of the most promising of them to ask whether they're willing to confirm upgrades in advance, for instance.
This is table stakes. Location was Hawaii... Wanted to see her input vs. reports in FT forums. Funny enough, she did not even review my stay history and recommended properties that I had already stayed at, as well a notably non-compliant (with published benefits) property.

Originally Posted by mikebor View Post
Listen I truly feel bad for your experiences but maybe you should take on a little responsibility here and follow up with your Ambassador a day or 2 before your arrival. Ask him or her who they spoke with and or who replied to the email they claim they sent. Get names and maybe from time to time take a few minutes and call the property yourself and speak to 1 of the higher mgrs or even the GM. If hotels are claiming they did not receive any emails from your Ambassador that would be a red flag to me. I would immediately be peppering my Ambassador with questions as to why the hotel is claiming otherwise and demanding for a supervisor.

Look I love my Ambassador. She is based in Omaha and we speak a lot and she is wonderful. But I also want to perhaps know more than the avg client. Like if she tells me she sent an email to the property I will find out who replied back to her. To me that is a no-brainer. I am equally involved with her gathering info, not just receiving general info. But that's just me. Mainly because I have a lot of requests like 10 extra small feather pillows, AC that is not motion sensored and can go to 60-62 degrees if I wanted, a fan in the room, an extra fridge with some bottles of water, etc... she makes things work and if my requests aren't met she will be on the phone calling the GM immediately.

Bottom line, at least until you feel comfortable with your Ambassador's ability to get things done you should be more involved with these special requests. Call the hotel and get specific info from your Ambassador. And if they are not getting the job done ask for a supervisor and switch Ambassadors.
Like ok, I get it. You like to micromanage things, and obviously have the time to do so. I don't have the time to ask someone to help me with something, and then go about the execution myself. Again, there is no value in that arrangement. If the consensus is that I need a new ambassador, so be it. This is what I was asking in my original post, but I don't think the argument of "gather info and call the property myself " speaks to your intended point where I think you are trying to describe the value of the Ambassador service?
platbrownguy and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:00 am

One of my examples was a RC, 5 night stay, suites available for sale. Not once was I recognized or treated as a VIP. In fact, did not get foam pillows (requested prior to check in, and various times directly at front desk... even suggested I carry them myself) until third night of stay. No recovery effort other than a cheap bottle of wine.
What did you want besides a "cheap bottle of wine?" Points?
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:16 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Ritz Carlton Rewards : PLTP , LCAH : G, Skywards : S
@bhrubin how much business do you bring to Marriott? Perhaps you're treated as an extra VIP because you're worth more than the rest of us to them? I'm probably worth $25k annually to Marriott which is probably on the lower end for an Ambassador guest I guess. (Although that I'm treated as a low-value guest while giving them $25,000 annually is rather ridiculous!)
Reading @bhrubin's post so far I tend to believe he is very lucky to have a good combination of proactive ambassador AND stays at hotel that can execute Ambassador's requests.
Spending wise, I'm a bit lower than bhrubin's personal spending.

I'm very happy with my ambassador. She is an ex SPG ambassador and she very proactive and very helpful.
So far I did 18 nights after I got my ambassador and not all of the stays result in suite upgrade.

3 nights stay at RC Mega Kuningan Jakarta. No upgrade as I specificly book for that type of room.
3 nights stay at St Regis Singapore (Stay here around 7 times last year as PLT) again no upgrade as they hosting some dignitaries. FD did mention to me during check in although the presence of a whole brigade of men in blacks is an obvious sign .
3 Night stays at St Regis Bali. No upgrade as the room booked was already the upgrade pool for Titaniums and also we need a double bed room.
4 nights at Four Points Hakodate did result in upgrade but not to suite as the property dont have many suite anyway.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Reading @bhrubin's post so far I tend to believe he is very lucky to have a good combination of proactive ambassador AND stays at hotel that can execute Ambassador's requests.
Spending wise, I'm a bit lower than bhrubin's personal spending.
or maybe Cobalt status? https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...-elite-status/
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:28 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Ritz Carlton Rewards : PLTP , LCAH : G, Skywards : S

My post is not about suite upgrades. I understand how the process works based on occupancy and suite count. My post is speaking directly to the value of the ambassador, the incremental benefit of the status level, and the reasoning for spending 20k+ and staying 100+ nights vs looking at another chain. Like I said in my post, all stays have been FS, RC, JW, Mar Marquis and ren properties.
At this current state, I would say the incremental value of ambassador tier are pretty weak.
For 100 nights AND 20k spending I would expect to have more concrete benefit instead of those "if available/if approved" like upgrades and your24
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:35 am
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Bolding mine. How exactly are you expecting to be treated as a VIP? What didn't they do that you were hoping for or expecting?

What service recovery were you expecting for not getting the correct pillows?

I think your expectations for what Ambassador status does for you is perhaps a bit unrealistic. I also think you may be conflating what an Ambassador does and what your Ambassador status is supposed to do for you.

Are you looking for my entire stay history? Like I said, I have 33 nights this year, I was only referencing instances off the top of my head. RC Dove Mountain, Marriott Marquis. Seeing as I posed a question in my original post (See "Am I doing something wrong?"), I am not looking to publicly shame any properties (I am a repeat guest at many properties). Furthermore that is not the intent of the post. The value of an ambassador should be apparent and consistent across the entire portfolio, not just relevant on off day stays at properties I have to search a forum to find.
To each, their own. I don't believe that identifying a property is shaming that property; I believe it properly adjusts the perspective for those of us trying to answer the concerns and issues you present. When a St Regis does something wrong, there should be more an expectation for better service than there should be at a Marriott. Certainly, some properties are also better known for better elite treatment than others even within a brand. So knowing the hotel identity can be helpful to share information or perspective that you may not have been aware of. We are trying to help--but sometimes that help may come in the form of a different perspective that you might not have considered.

Stays are typically 2-3 nights in major cities. Often hotels with relatively high occupancy, but again, if ambassador treatment and recognition is limited by occupancy constraints, I think Marriott should/would have added that into their T&C's. Also, like I alluded to in my post, I dont care much about my business travel stays. I try to communicate clearly to my ambassador when a stay really matters (leisure stays). As I suggested in my post, I did this on two occasions, both of which resulted in complete failures.
Bolding mine. Again, I think your expectations are the bigger problem here. You seem to expect Marriott to specifically indicate specifically what I think most of us would think to be obvious--hotels with higher occupancy are less likely to upgrade you, to give you special perks, etc. No elite status can preclude that. Your Ambassador isn't a factor there, either, IMO.

Just because your leisure stay matters more to you doesn't change the fact that no Ambassador can change the leisure hotel stay's occupancy or brand service standards!

It seems that you don't see the incremental benefits for the Ambassador status level. So perhaps you shouldn't spend the $20K and 100+ nights with Marriott. Of course, I think you will be even more disappointed with the incremental elite benefits and portfolio choices at any of the hotel alternatives. So spilled milk comes to mind here, I'm afraid.

I completely understand how SNA's work, or are supposed to work. I have asked my ambassador specifically which approach I should take, be it SNA, have ambassador inquire etc. My ambassador is of 0 value here, and would not answer my question directly, so I have tried both approaches.
Your Ambassador knows as much as you or I in this regard--there is no "approach" one should take that is necessarily better than another with regard to SNA. Again, I think your expectations for what an Ambassador does is unrealistic.

Like ok, I get it. You like to micromanage things, and obviously have the time to do so. I don't have the time to ask someone to help me with something, and then go about the execution myself. Again, there is no value in that arrangement. If the consensus is that I need a new ambassador, so be it. This is what I was asking in my original post, but I don't think the argument of "gather info and call the property myself " speaks to your intended point where I think you are trying to describe the value of the Ambassador service?
I realize you are responding to someone else above, but I don't think a new Ambassador is going to resolve your issues. I think the Ambassador role just doesn't fit your bill. I don't think Marriott has anything to do with it, since the SPG Ambassadors wouldn't have fit your bill any more. I happen to think your Ambassador expectation is pretty unrealistic--but to each, their own. I think if you adjusted your expectations for what (1) an Ambassador can and cannot do for you and (2) what Ambassador status can and cannot do for you that you might be more pleased. But if I'm wrong, you should be a great candidate for a status match to another hotel chain's top elite tier to test the waters elsewhere.

Search this Thread