Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:45 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's a renowned traditional Austrian restaurant in the historic LC property in Salzburg.

There's also a very good restaurant (with a good wine list) in the Westin Verasa Napa.

Westin St Francis in SF has a good restaurant in its lobby, although it's always been closed when I've stayed there, so no personal experience.

W Minneapolis has a very good (and expensive) steak house (with a pretty good wine list). BANK in the downtown Westin is also good.

RC Hong Kong has good restaurants, Italian and Chinese.

One could have a lot of fun with Michelin quality restaurants in Starriotts, but make sure that the spend counts as some of these restaurants are probably just tenants that operate independently of the hotel and, at least under the legacy Starwood rules, wouldn't earn points. There are also a few jurisdictions where points cannot be earned on wine and other alcohol, so this might not count for the Ambassador spend requirement either.

Don’t forget 2 Michelin Star Falco on the 27th floor of the Westin Leipzig. We really loved it.

Winter Garden by Caino at the St Regis Florence has 1 Star. So does the Bayview at the President Wilson Geneva.

Another favorite of ours is Bazaar at SLS Los Angeles.

I can’t swear it but I believe we earned points for our restaurant spend.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by darnold
This morning, the Ambassador line rings and rings for me with no answer.
Is anyone else able to get through to the main Ambassador line at this time? Simply not even picking up the phone for your "most valued members" for a day really says it all...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I just called, using the number in the app.
Someone from "titanium something" said hi and asked how they could help.
I asked them to put a note in my reservation saying I would be arriving very late (3AM). I also asked if they could arrange a pickup at the airport.
She tried multiple times to add a note and it doesn't work. She tells me she'll call the hotel and will return shortly.
She returns and tells me the hotel has been informed. I inquire about transportation, and she has no clue what I am asking. She says there's a number on the website of the hotel that I can call to get that arranged. I asked if she can contact the hotel to get that arranged for me, and she says she cannot do that. I ask why, since I often request hotels to arrange for a pickup.
I ask to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor repeats the same story, saying if I want a pickup, I need to take care of it.
At that point, I ask what the point of the ambassador service is, since they won't do anything for me.
The supervisor's response was: "oh, you're an ambassador guest?".
I responded with a "yes, and I just learned that I can't count on this service for anything", and I ended the conversation.

I guess I will call the hotel to get this taken care of...

Last edited by dimramon; Feb 22, 2019 at 11:32 pm
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by dimramon
I asked them to put a note in my reservation saying I would be arriving very late (3AM). I also asked if they could arrange a pickup at the airport.
She tried multiple times to add a note and it doesn't work. She tells me she'll call the hotel and will return shortly.
She returns and tells me the hotel has been informed. I inquire about transportation, and she has no clue what I am asking. She says there's a number on the website of the hotel that I can call to get that arranged. I asked if she can contact the hotel to get that arranged for me, and she says she cannot do that. I ask why, since I often request hotels to arrange for a pickup.
I ask to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor repeats the same story, saying if I want a pickup, I need to take care of it.
At that point, I ask what the point of the ambassador service is, since they won't do anything for me.
I responded with a "yes, and I just learned that I can't count on this service for anything", and I ended the conversation.

I read yours and others that have these issues and I don't get it. You should have a direct phone number to your ambassador. If he/she is not there the voicemail should instruct you to push 0 and a general ambassador agent should pick up. Or you can call the Amb 800 number to speak to one. If you aren't satisfied with their help ask for a supervisor like you did. Obviously make sure the supervisor has your account pulled up before continuing. And if the supervisor doesn't get it done for you then ask for an ambassador manager. They will speak to you and trust me, they will do their best to resolve your issues and make you happy.

Again though maybe I am just lucky but I love my Ambassador. We speak all the time, she sent me pics a few weeks ago of her nephew's birthday party and a short video. I can count on her for help 100% of the time, she takes notes diligently and upon my request(usually at a new hotel I have never stayed at), she will contact the GM prior to my arrival to make sure all my requests will be met. I couldn't be happier.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Ambassador number does sometimes divert to a non-Ambassador line without warning, though last time it happened to me I had an excellent agent so I wonder if it’s the old SPG Platinum team.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The Ambassador number does sometimes divert to a non-Ambassador line without warning, though last time it happened to me I had an excellent agent so I wonder if it’s the old SPG Platinum team.
Originally Posted by mikebor
I read yours and others that have these issues and I don't get it. You should have a direct phone number to your ambassador. If he/she is not there the voicemail should instruct you to push 0 and a general ambassador agent should pick up. Or you can call the Amb 800 number to speak to one.
The phone number in the app has, as far as I can remember, always showed the "Titanium" general line. The Ambassador #, as Mikebor references, is separate - it answers "Thanks for calling the Ambassador team" immediately. I can't remember the phone tree there ever routing me to a standard queue.

Of course, my Ambassador's direct line still goes to voicemail, which doesn't help me solve an immediate issue.

The issue I'm alerting to is that the Ambassador number simply doesn't connect to anyone right now, but rings indefinitely or disconnects after the usual slew of "Thanks for calling, SPG data breach blah blah" alerts.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:14 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by darnold
The phone number in the app has, as far as I can remember, always showed the "Titanium" general line. The Ambassador #, as Mikebor references, is separate - it answers "Thanks for calling the Ambassador team" immediately. I can't remember the phone tree there ever routing me to a standard queue.

Of course, my Ambassador's direct line still goes to voicemail, which doesn't help me solve an immediate issue.

The issue I'm alerting to is that the Ambassador number simply doesn't connect to anyone right now, but rings indefinitely or disconnects after the usual slew of "Thanks for calling, SPG data breach blah blah" alerts.
I've had this issue a bunch recently… very annoying!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I must be missing something. The contact number in my legacy SPG account where I have Ambassador status is identical to the contact number in legacy Marriott account where I have Titanium status. Both end in 4229. Do I have the wrong number?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I must be missing something. The contact number in my legacy SPG account where I have Ambassador status is identical to the contact number in legacy Marriott account where I have Titanium status. Both end in 4229. Do I have the wrong number?
You are! The Ambassador line ends in x85. I’ll send you a PM.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

For years with Hyatt, whenever I want to arrange airport transportation through the hotel, I've just called my Private Line Agent, now My Hyatt Concierge. There was never any question of "my" person not contacting the hotel to arrange this.

If Starriott Ambassadors cannot take care of this task, what good are they?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
For years with Hyatt, whenever I want to arrange airport transportation through the hotel, I've just called my Private Line Agent, now My Hyatt Concierge. There was never any question of "my" person not contacting the hotel to arrange this.

If Starriott Ambassadors cannot take care of this task, what good are they?
Yes, expected service from an Ambassador, however, as the OP stated, he wasn't talking to an Ambassador. I do believe the Titanium agents should have some ability/willingness to step up their game when speaking with an Ambassador guest should they get routed to their phone. I call it backup?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Starriott Ambassadors cannot take care of this task, what good are they?
LOL Starriott! I love this.... And to answer your question I don't think they are good for anything but apparently a lot of people here find them of great value. I guess its a luck of the draw kind of situation.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist

You are! The Ambassador line ends in x85. I’ll send you a PM.
Interesting. I checked the app, my Apple wallet card, etc. and the only phone number I have is the 4229 number. But, I can always direct dial my ambassador and press 0.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:34 am

As an “international” member I actually have two different numbers - apparently international toll and toll free. Both are American numbers (which in itself is the most crazy thing here) and neither connects to the Ambassador line.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
As an “international” member I actually have two different numbers - apparently international toll and toll free. Both are American numbers (which in itself is the most crazy thing here) and neither connects to the Ambassador line.
i just read through some of my correspondence with my ambassador and I have a phone number that ends in xx89. Do you need that number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.