Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by TheMan
I have been Ambassador level with Marriott since early December. I have been lifetime Platinum for at least 5 years now and Platinum Preferred for years. I have not as of yet heard a lick from my Ambassador. I have called SEVERAL times asking my Ambassador to reach out to me and I have even requested a change of Ambassadors but have not had any luck with any of it. What's the point of a perk if you can't use it? I would like to see Marriott extend my Ambassador membership by a month as I feel that ive wasted one so far but the motivation to make Ambassador again isn't there at this point. Why offer a SPECIAL level of service when it isn't even available? My apologies if this new post is redundant but ive searched and couldn't find one on this service. I've heard from other Ambassador level members who have had similar results.

Marriott who's asleep at the wheel?

UPDATE: The Ambassador manager contacted me today and told me that my experience was unacceptable and would be providing me with a new one and hopefully a much better experience.
I’m having a similar experience, except less positive. Made Ambasador last year. Other than the app and website congratulating me on my “achievement”, not a peep from Marriott. Didn’t really care, all these tales of people getting recognized or getting perks seem a fantasy. But I could have actually used their assistance on a recent trip so I reached out asked who my Ambasador was. Not only did I not get a name or even a referral to a general line, instead I was told that my account had to be reviewed first. If, after the review, I still qualified then I’d hear from someone by March. So glad I spent 140+ nights and 20k+ spend with Marriott last year. *eyeroll*
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Sorry if someone has answered this before - wasn't able to find recent information via search

How do you officially request a new ambassador?

My ambassador has been AWOL since late last year - no help, no response, no whatsoever. I started emailing the general ambassador service email, but got very slow (3+ days for simple requests at domestic hotels) or unhelpful responses (applied request to wrong stay even when I explicitly provided reservation # and hotel name...)

Thank you!

Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by bdw1120
Sorry if someone has answered this before - wasn't able to find recent information via search

How do you officially request a new ambassador?

My ambassador has been AWOL since late last year - no help, no response, no whatsoever. I started emailing the general ambassador service email, but got very slow (3+ days for simple requests at domestic hotels) or unhelpful responses (applied request to wrong stay even when I explicitly provided reservation # and hotel name...)

Thank you!

Call the ambassador line and tell the agent that picks up the phone that you would like to request a new ambassador and have them send it up to a manager.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by sinfonia
Call the ambassador line and tell the agent that picks up the phone that you would like to request a new ambassador and have them send it up to a manager.
Great. Thank you very much!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
So far I'm very happy with my ambassador.
Always get fast response from her. And in rare case she was out of office, the general ambassador team reply within 24 hrs (interestingly thats include weekend)
I guess the general ambassador line is manned everyday.

Email issue .... no change ..... [email protected] still didnt reach my ambassador

Recently I stayed at The Prince Gallery Tokyo during my birthday, and the ambassador inform the hotel in advance about that and they prepare a nice present for me and cute looking fruit platter

Usually I made my own reservation and inform the ambassador about that and if the stay are special in any way. (as per her own request)
She did ask for my feedback about the stays as well.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Ambassador
I received a completely useless email from my ambassador when I reached that status. I replied asking what value they added to my stay as I legitimately didn't know. They replied with the same form email. Really no advantage to this program for me.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I had my past Ambassador for 6 out of the last 7 years (missed it one year then got them back). Last set of emails (including a service issue) two weeks went unanswered. Ended with quite the whimper...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
All of these valid complaints about ambassadors not responding to emails are great, but they would be even greater if you would send them to Marriott.

David Flueck, vice president of loyalty <[email protected]>
Arne Sorenson, CEO <[email protected]>
bdw1120 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
All of these valid complaints about ambassadors not responding to emails are great, but they would be even greater if you would send them to Marriott.

David Flueck, vice president of loyalty <[email protected]>
Arne Sorenson, CEO <[email protected]>
My ambassador email with this domain always failed to reach her.([email protected])
I wonder if these 2 CEO and VP emails can reach them properly
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Well Red

I’m having a similar experience, except less positive. Made Ambasador last year. Other than the app and website congratulating me on my “achievement”, not a peep from Marriott. Didn’t really care, all these tales of people getting recognized or getting perks seem a fantasy. But I could have actually used their assistance on a recent trip so I reached out asked who my Ambasador was. Not only did I not get a name or even a referral to a general line, instead I was told that my account had to be reviewed first. If, after the review, I still qualified then I’d hear from someone by March. So glad I spent 140+ nights and 20k+ spend with Marriott last year. *eyeroll*
Did you barely qualify or was there some margin? I could imagine someone barely hitting $20,000 spend and then getting a refund from the hotel, which then might raise issues about how to handle this. Or the nights count could be slightly wrong, for instance with very late check ins, day rates, etc.

Otherwise, it sounds like your account might be on some list to be audited. Have you done anything prohibited or questionable?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
I made Ambassador last year. I got a welcome email at the time but haven't asked my Ambassador to do anything since then other than credit back an erroneously deducted SNA (which they did). I normally reserve all my stays myself via the website (I have 20+ reservations right now) and since they are mostly for business trips I really don't need help with them, so to date there doesn't appear to be much benefit to having an Ambassador.

That said, I do have a family vacation to Japan/South Korea planned for early this summer and have at least a couple reservations on that trip I could probably use some help with (trying to see if I can use cash to upgrade an RC Tokyo points reservation and trying to improve the odds of some SNAs getting honored in Seoul) so I figure this will provide me with a good opportunity to test out the program and see if it can deliver some value.

That said, I really don't know what my expectations should be in terms of what kind of help my Ambassador can provide. A couple questions for those more experienced with Ambassador status:

1. For a family vacation, what kind of help has an Ambassador been able to provide you with? Is it worthwhile to have them contact the hotels we are visiting just to let them know we are coming (as some of the folks on this board seem to do).

2. In general, are people trying to do all their reservations through Ambassadors and having them contact every property they visit in advance or just asking the Ambassador for help with specific situations a few specific stays?

Thanks for any insights or advice!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by BillBurn
That said, I really don't know what my expectations should be in terms of what kind of help my Ambassador can provide. A couple questions for those more experienced with Ambassador status:

1. For a family vacation, what kind of help has an Ambassador been able to provide you with? Is it worthwhile to have them contact the hotels we are visiting just to let them know we are coming (as some of the folks on this board seem to do).

2. In general, are people trying to do all their reservations through Ambassadors and having them contact every property they visit in advance or just asking the Ambassador for help with specific situations a few specific stays?
My advice would be to not ask the Ambassador to do lots of things for you which don't really add a lot of value, but to focus on what really matters for you.

I would not ask or expect an Ambassador to email every hotel you are visiting just to say that you are coming - that's a bit of a waste of everyone's time. Similarly, .I don't think there's any benefit in having your Ambassador make all your bookings for you. A few people here have "riders" of standard requests they always ask, but you'll notice that most people are often disappointed when these are not met and do you really want to come across as a brattish child pop star?

I'd ask yourself some questions: What is it you really appreciate/ dislike in hotel rooms? What really matters to your family? What kind of bookings would you really like to do? Which are your most important/ "grand" trips of the year? What would a nice surprise look like?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:40 pm

Answering Billburns question :
Since I only have amb for 5 months so far, this just my experience.

1. Normally I inform my amb about each trip puposes. Whether its a special occassion trip or just regular trip.
For normal trips, its pretty much business as usual, even though the upgrade might be a bit better (cant verify this yet as my stay experience is extremely limited at this stage)
For special occassion say birthday, amb and hotel might provide some extra ... like a birthday cake or something.

2. Most of the time I made my own reservation and update my amb about those reservation and the trip pupose (she request that). Sometimes I contact my amb if I would like to ask some questions regarding the stay as hotel email is no longer available easily. On rare occassion, if I would like to reserve a complicated reservation or reserve a specialty suite that not listed online, I contact my amb to arrange that.
Personally, I prefer handling simple matter myself and let my amb handling matters that more complicated instead of wasting her time doing all the monkey job.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador
I have had ambassador status for almost 4 months now and have yet to receive a welcome email. It seems like Marriott has really dropped the ball on this one, not sure what the value of continuing to stay there is.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:40 pm

I qualified under the legacy SPG deal for an Ambassador ( for the first time in quite a while); it’s likely to be a one time only as I very much doubt I’ll reach the 20K spend ( currently running at about $60 for some grab’n’go snacks).
The contact from the Ambassador was very quick and efficient. She did help with a Your24 request that was too close to arrival, and it was honoured. The only (trivial) negative: she insists on using “reach out”, rather than contact, email, phone, request, ask, and it’s a phrase I loathe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.