FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1906860-marriott-bonvoy-ambassador-elite-level-experiences-2020-earlier.html)

Mister Nice Jan 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30663820)
Does Hyatt not work for you? If I had 200 paid nights and $50,000 in spend every year I wouldn't give Marriott a paid night and a single penny over 100 nights and $20,000. It's not like spending $25,000 and staying 125 nights gets you additional suite upgrade certificates or bonus points.

What about IHG's Intercontinental and the ambassador status there? Your spend should qualify for this program.

You should send an email to Marriott.

Arne Sorenson, CEO <[email protected]>
David Flueck, senior vice president for loyalty <[email protected]>
Justin Biermann, director of loyalty product strategy <[email protected]>

Do any of the listed executives actually reply to emails ? Or are the emails just forwarded to customer service to reply ?

hockeyinsider Jan 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mister Nice (Post 30664185)

Do any of the listed executives actually reply to emails ? Or are the emails just forwarded to customer service to reply ?

Flueck called me this summer after trading an email. We spoke for about 30 minutes.

hockeyinsider Jan 16, 2019 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 30664005)
On the other hand, I checked in at a Marriott that I stay at a few times a year and was greeted as an ambassador at check in. I received an upgrade to a higher floor .... even though suites showed available on the app ... and I'd guess were actually available since there was less than 10 people in the concierge lounge on the times I was in there.

It's easy for properties and their apologists to claim the Marriott inventory was incorrect, but considering this is happening so often I really don't think Marriott's inventory management could be that off, this much. If it was, it would be impacting the sale of regular rooms, which would show up on the company's revenue reports to shareholders at some point.

It's obviously becoming a talking point for properties that play games, especially those managed by third parties, to blame Marriott and claim no suites are available.

Mister Nice Jan 17, 2019 6:26 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30664343)
Flueck called me this summer after trading an email. We spoke for about 30 minutes.

That is actually quite impressive. Kudos to him ! Very refreshing to hear . All too often , executive emails are just passed along to customer service for a canned response .

helvetic Jan 17, 2019 7:52 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30663820)
Does Hyatt not work for you? If I had 200 paid nights and $50,000 in spend every year I wouldn't give Marriott a paid night and a single penny over 100 nights and $20,000. It's not like spending $25,000 and staying 125 nights gets you additional suite upgrade certificates or bonus points.

What about IHG's Intercontinental and the ambassador status there? Your spend should qualify for this program.

You should send an email to Marriott.

Arne Sorenson, CEO <[email protected]>
David Flueck, senior vice president for loyalty <[email protected]>
Justin Biermann, director of loyalty product strategy <[email protected]>

Can't speak for OP, but given my cross-chain stats are probably not far off at 200+ and probably $35k+ across chains… here are my thoughts on the competition:

- Hyatt: the only true great competitor, and this is my #1 choice these days. and, they incentivize me to stay beyond thee 60nights requirement with extra TSUs
- Hilton: given I have status from just a credit card, no point in me putting nights here, and I enjoy the occasional stay with Diamond benefits only at top-tier hiltons (Conrads, WAs) or in remote places where it's the only option, though I do think the benefits are one tier below SPG
- IHG: I enjoy the occasional IC stay, and the convenient airport Holiday Inn (/Express), though there's not enough high-end properties for my liking and the benefits are lacking
- Shangri-La: I'm starting to discover this program and like it more and more. have had some very pleasant hotels stays in a few of their hotels and the program looks appealing. i'm considering using it more when I'm in Asia

These days I'm feeling less and less like making the push on SPG nights. This is starkly different from even just 1 year ago, where I would pick SPG over anything else (even Hyatt) most of the time.

MSPeconomist Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I just received an email (over David Flueck's signature) inviting me to participate in a survey about Ambassador Service.

Did anyone else get this?

kaizen7 Jan 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30668851)
I just received an email (over David Flueck's signature) inviting me to participate in a survey about Ambassador Service.

nope

Would be interesting to know what is asked by the survey.

MSPeconomist Jan 17, 2019 8:18 pm

It was pretty basic: rate the service over the last four months, then write about what's good, what's bad, and what you would suggest.

helvetic Jan 17, 2019 8:24 pm

Ha, well I'm sure they're in for a surprise with this survey. Hope they take the results seriously.

MSPeconomist Jan 17, 2019 8:28 pm

The email does "personally thank you for your patience" during the merger and talk about "helping us improve."

hockeyinsider Jan 18, 2019 6:44 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30668851)

I didn't, but my colleague who has had ambassador service since August but has never been contacted by his ambassador did.

cycyc Jan 18, 2019 2:59 pm

I've been an ambassador elite since late 2017. My ambassador has been fantastic thus far over the past 1+ year, being super proactive with helping me out with some tricky stay planning for my wedding and my honeymoon. She has saved me so much time by being able to take care of things for me so I don't have to pick up the phone and wait on hold. I've really appreciated her assistance over the past year. I feel like this level of service (saving your valuable time) is the whole reason why this program was created.

But she's been "on vacation" for almost an entire month, continuously. No auto-response saying that she is away and here's who to contact instead. All my e-mails get routed to the general ambassador support desk. I hope she's just out temporarily, because I don't know if her replacement would be as good.

MSPeconomist Jan 18, 2019 3:37 pm

At least your email is being forwarded somewhere. Mine has been going into a black hole.

C17PSGR Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Can't seem to find the post with the new coding ... just finished an SPG Stay and my number is marked as UXXXX.

Is U the new beginning code for Ambassador?

helvetic Jan 19, 2019 1:16 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 30672840)
Can't seem to find the post with the new coding ... just finished an SPG Stay and my number is marked as UXXXX.

Is U the new beginning code for Ambassador?

What number?