Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Hi
At what hotel brands do you most often stay? I think that may make a difference.

Though I already mentioned that several RC and LuxColl properties missed on presetting my air con—even as my regular Sheraton Philly and Boston, Le Meridien Cambridge and Arlington, and Four Points Chelsea and Midtown did preset for me.
J.W. Marriott, Marriott, Renaissance, and Westin primarily but occasionally Courtyard, Ritz-Carlton, Luxury Collection, Autograph Collection and Delta.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:53 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
J.W. Marriott, Marriott, Renaissance, and Westin primarily but occasionally Courtyard, Ritz-Carlton, Luxury Collection, Autograph Collection and Delta.
I am most surprised and disappointed that RC, LuxColl, and JW hotels don’t honor your regular profile request for feather pillows, let alone any special requests passed along by your Ambassador. Of course, it was the RC SF and then the RC Dallas which screwed the pooch so poorly with my air con. Even the JW Austin tried to preset it, even if they didn’t really make it happen.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
okay. $18 to go. Is it worth it?
Attached Images  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:49 pm

No, put this 18USD in another hotel network.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK you can't just spend $18 in some Starriott hotel and have it count; you would need to stay tonight too, unless you're in a time zone where it's already too late.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK you can't just spend $18 in some Starriott hotel and have it count; you would need to stay tonight too, unless you're in a time zone where it's already too late.
Haha I’ve gained about $2k in the last week over me having to audit stays and submit on my own. My basic understanding was that I could go to the local starriott bar and charge but it had to be min $20 for them to associate with my number?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
Haha I’ve gained about $2k in the last week over me having to audit stays and submit on my own. My basic understanding was that I could go to the local starriott bar and charge but it had to be min $20 for them to associate with my number?
This was essentially the old SPG rule, with some caveats about whether the restaurant/bar was considered part of the hotel or not. Under the new combined Starriott program, who knows? I wouldn't count on it, partly because there's no longer an effective customer service system to efficiently correct problems, so if you ask, you'll just get meaningless random answers and if you request ex post to get the credit, it's totally unclear what will happen in what time frame, regardless of whether the expenditure should count toward the $20,000 spend or not. It's sad.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dimramon
Totally agree,, and I can understand IT issues, since I work in IT.
However, when I made my tally for the year, I noticed that the first email that went unanswered was one where I wished my ambassador a happy and healthy 2019, which I sent in early January. I doubt hat has anything to do with IT issues...
Just an FYI, I sent my Ambassador an email on a Friday, a few months back (i.e. new Marriott.com etc), didn't get a response and forwarded it to her again on Monday. She immediately responded (i.e. a couple of hours) and then we got on the phone and determined that she never got the first email. She used that to forward the issue to her supervisor showing all emails were not coming through.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
The Ambassadors don't see half my reservations right now. They've said as much on as many occasions. They ask me for the conf # and it just doesn't show on their systems. Seems like they're being screwed over by the crap IT as much as we are.
I'm on my way to London right now, the reservation for today does not show in the app, online or for my Ambassador. I made the res in Dec via Mariott.com, it's for a former SPG property. The booking originally showed up in the system, I was able to apply my suite nights to it. Everything was working fine. Then at the 5 day mark my suite ug cleared and the reservation disappeared from all visibly systems outside of the hotel itself.

I've gotten messages on my phone and email to check in, but following the links leads me to no reservation.

I know I have a res, I know I've been ug (to one of the 3 suite options I selected, but I don't know which), I have no proof of any of this, I can't check in so they can tell me if my room is ready. I've spent a lot of time communicating with my Ambassador and the hotel over this issue.

This stuff is the core of the hotel's business, how can you have res just vanish. What if I wanted to cancel by the deadline and was flying with no phone access?

All I know is that they 'HAD' to do this on August 18th, that just tells me how messed up they are or maybe they didn't want to work through the holidays.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I'm amazed that I can't EVER get my extra feather pillows, but you can get rooms "pre-cooled" to 67 degrees.
My Ambassador does ask this, but I'm amazed when it actually happens. It's on their list of possible things to ask the hotel. It's not very high on my list.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by deac83
I'm on my way to London right now, the reservation for today does not show in the app, online or for my Ambassador. I made the res in Dec via Mariott.com, it's for a former SPG property. The booking originally showed up in the system, I was able to apply my suite nights to it. Everything was working fine. Then at the 5 day mark my suite ug cleared and the reservation disappeared from all visibly systems outside of the hotel itself.

I've gotten messages on my phone and email to check in, but following the links leads me to no reservation.

I know I have a res, I know I've been ug (to one of the 3 suite options I selected, but I don't know which), I have no proof of any of this, I can't check in so they can tell me if my room is ready. I've spent a lot of time communicating with my Ambassador and the hotel over this issue.

This stuff is the core of the hotel's business, how can you have res just vanish. What if I wanted to cancel by the deadline and was flying with no phone access?

All I know is that they 'HAD' to do this on August 18th, that just tells me how messed up they are or maybe they didn't want to work through the holidays.
You should make an issue out of it with your ambassador so, hopefully, a ticket is created and it's forwarded to IT.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Originally Posted by deac83

I just had the exact thing happen (SNA cleared, reservation disappeared). I ended up calling the hotel to confirm they are still expecting me, which thankfully is the case.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Hi everyone, cleared 100 nights + $20,000 spend in about three weeks ago to qualify for Ambassador.

Does Marriott send me an email or something to line me up with an ambassador? I have not heard anything from Marriott. Not really sure how much I’ll use this ambassador unless I go on vacation.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by BarryL
Hi everyone, cleared 100 nights + $20,000 spend in about three weeks ago to qualify for Ambassador.

Does Marriott send me an email or something to line me up with an ambassador? I have not heard anything from Marriott. Not really sure how much I’ll use this ambassador unless I go on vacation.
You'll get an email, but it could take a while.

Is your account(s) showing Ambassador status or just your 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BarryL

I'll send you the ambassador desk telephone number by private message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.