FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   LAX Marriott [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1906433-lax-marriott-master-thread.html)

SkiAdcock May 21, 2018 11:19 am

Originally Posted by sanfran8080 (Post 29775917)
Come on SkiAdcock....u didn’t thank me for my report on the LAX Marriott.... I don’t feel the love.

Lol - sorry. Thank you so much for your trip report. Much appreciated. Thank you,, thank you,, thank you :) :) :)

Cheers.

bennos May 21, 2018 5:14 pm

I actually stayed here for a night shortly before this thread was started, but forgot to post. In short, I think I want this to be my new night-at-LAX hotel, replacing the Ren. (I last stayed here pre-renovation, maybe 8 years ago.)

The rooms are obviously still smaller here than at the Ren, but having stayed at both in renovated rooms I conceptually like the MR better. The bathroom was gutted (unlike the Ren, where they left the useless tub). Lots of power and good lighting everywhere. (The Ren has good power, but the room feels dark.) Neither hotel has a good desk, though the Ren's is closer. The MR has a flat surface under the TV with a protrusion. It's not great, but it is (barely) functional.

One problem I did have with the MR was that, for my room at least, the reno seemed untested. The shower controls appeared to be backwards (position for cold was hot and vv), and there were a few other similar "they should have caught that" issues.

I liked the M club, with excellent views of 25L/R, but I was only there at 12:30am (when it was completely empty, but basic drinks were available) and again for breakfast. Breakfast is average. Breakfast at the Ren used to be slightly better, but I haven't used that lounge since it reopened, and I'm concerned about the Ren showing up on the weekend breakfast exception list.

I decided to walk to the airport in the morning because the weather was nice and I only had a backpack, but it looked like shuttles were running every 5-8 minutes or so, much more often than the website suggests. Both hotels share the same shuttles.

jkreisler999 May 22, 2018 4:43 pm

I stay at this hotel quite frequently. They did a nice job on the remodel. Biggest criticism is the shuttle. I always find myself waiting for more than 30 minutes upon arrival.

Last week both the Marriott and the Ren were quite expensive so I tried the Westin. All else being equal, I think the Westin will now be my go to hotel at LAX.

holocker May 23, 2018 1:01 am

I am here next week so will report any changes.

BLG Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jkreisler999 (Post 29783341)
I stay at this hotel quite frequently. They did a nice job on the remodel. Biggest criticism is the shuttle. I always find myself waiting for more than 30 minutes upon arrival.

I'm been planning on giving it a try on an upcoming flight with an evening arrival at LAX. I have also seen some complaints about the shuttle over at TripAdvisor. But my understanding is that they share a shuttle with the Ren and I've had OK experience with the shuttle going to the Ren. If it's correct that they share a shuttle I wonder why there are so many more posts about the long waits for the Marriott shuttle as opposed to the Ren...Just wondering if others have had shuttle problems?

My hunch is that it's all about if you are arriving when the airport is really busy. I'l be coming in around 9PM and hoping that by then it's less likely to have to wait a long time. And are the shuttle issues any worse than any of the other Marriott LAX properties? Since I'll be picking up a car from Hertz the next morning it's either the Marriott or the Ren for any easy walk, and I think I'd like to try the Marriott unless the shuttle really is a lot worse than the Ren.

Normally I'd take a North facing room, away from the airport for quietness -- but I keep reading about the great airport views from upper level rooms -- are they quiet enough to take advantage of the views? Never had a problem with noise at the Ren but it's further away by a little bit. I read somewhere to avoid the 17th floor under the lounge because of loud music.

Thanks for any thoughts.

CJKatl Jun 13, 2018 11:23 am

Originally Posted by BLG (Post 29862535)
And are the shuttle issues any worse than any of the other Marriott LAX properties?

IME no except it sometimes seems other hotels have more shuttles. While waiting for the Marriott or Ren shuttle it sometimes seems other hotels may have two or three shuttles come through.

FWIW, I like the Ren better but have had good stays at both. The Marriott once gave me a room that was against an interior level of the parking garage with the expected smell and darkness. The Ren has always given me an UG to a suite with the giant window overlooking the runway.

bennos Jun 14, 2018 1:13 am

Originally Posted by BLG (Post 29862535)
Just wondering if others have had shuttle problems?

I think the shuttles used to be worse (ie: less frequent).

Normally I'd take a North facing room, away from the airport for quietness -- but I keep reading about the great airport views from upper level rooms -- are they quiet enough to take advantage of the views? Never had a problem with noise at the Ren but it's further away by a little bit.
Arrivals on the 24s pretty much fly over the Hertz lot, which is closer to the Ren. I haven't had noise problems at either hotel.

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 29862614)
The Marriott once gave me a room that was against an interior level of the parking garage with the expected smell and darkness. The Ren has always given me an UG to a suite with the giant window overlooking the runway.

The Ren has given me some mediocre rooms, including one that overlooked the parking garage (I eventually asked to switch) and another that's all the way at the end and has an awkward compressed layout. But they've also given me a junior suite (with the sitting area), and I don't think I've ever gotten a really great room at the MR, so shrug...

BLG Jun 14, 2018 10:35 am

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 29864948)
I think the shuttles used to be worse (ie: less frequent).

Arrivals on the 24s pretty much fly over the Hertz lot, which is closer to the Ren. I haven't had noise problems at either hotel.

The Ren has given me some mediocre rooms, including one that overlooked the parking garage (I eventually asked to switch) and another that's all the way at the end and has an awkward compressed layout. But they've also given me a junior suite (with the sitting area), and I don't think I've ever gotten a really great room at the MR, so shrug...

Thanks very much for all the detailed replies -- I'll give the renovated Marriott a try and request an upper floor airport view. And I'll hope that the shuttle won't keep me waiting too long :-)

All of my upgrades at the Ren have also been to a junior suite. Nice but for an overnight not something that matters much too me either.

Kacee Jul 6, 2018 9:52 pm

I overnighted here last week, as it was quite a bit cheaper than the Sheraton Gateway. The pluses? Was upgraded to a corner room at check-in, room was relatively quiet, and the lounge was pretty nice, with breakfast a cut above typical Marriott. On the flip side, room was kind of dark, furnishings were cheap, 10th floor was too low for decent runway views, and the lobby restaurant sucked. Overall, I much prefer the Gateway, with consistent upgrade to their awesome corner suites.

gre Jul 9, 2018 3:57 pm

I've stayed at both the LAX Marriott and Westin recently, inbound and outbound from Vietnam. The Westin was much cheaper (on hotels.com; SPG has never come through for me on the best price "guarantee") and provided an adequate room and airport transportation. The Marriott was a shamefull mess, even in a "remodeled" room. See my review on TripAdvisor has details.

The AC would not lower the room temp below 75, and the lounge was beyond a joke. At 8 AM there was a line down the hall because the warden at the door was carefully scrutinizing her entry list like it was Club 54 in 1975. Once in there was no place to sit, but it didn't really matter because the buffet was totally empty anyway. One of the attendants was standing closely by, but her attention was on the business guy she was chatting up.

We ate at the airport.

C17PSGR Jul 9, 2018 4:14 pm

I overnighted here recently as the Renn was sold out. It's OK for an airport Marriott and I was in after midnight and out by breakfast. On the plus side, it's renovated and the shower was good. Also, the views from the M Club are great! On the negative side, the bed didn't have a Marriott standard mattress which was surprising for a new renovation, I didn't upgraded, and it was poorly staffed after midnight considering how busy it was. Overall, it has a nice look but feels more like a super busy hotel than the Renn. I missed breakfast so can't comment on it. Between the Marriott, the Westin, and the Renn, I'll probably still continue to stay at the Renn, all things being equal.

jtwiz Jul 10, 2018 8:45 am

I am here now. I waited about 15 minutes for the shuttle, which is okay. It's the same shuttle that services the LAX Ren, which I knew from my last stay there back in January. Check-in was friendly and fast. I was trying to get a room on the 18th floor, where the M Club is located but no luck. I think the FDC thought she was doing me a favor by giving me a room on the 17th, but it is right below the M Club and extremely noisy - especially in the morning (note: don't take room 1707!) If I had realized it last night, I would have moved to a different room. But as I have to get up tomorrow at 4 AM, I'm not going to bother.

The M Club evening offering was plentiful, appetizing and replenished often. There were two bartenders (prices were much less than at downstairs bar - ie. same glass of wine was $4 less at M Club.) And plenty of staff cleaning up plates, including a manager that was pitching in to help everyone out. He commented that they were much busier on a Monday than usual. This morning at breakfast, once again, there was lots of friendly staff. Plates were cleaned up quickly, food never seemed to run out.

You did have to check in both in the evening (room #) and morning (last name) before entering. I noticed a couple people trying to bypass check-in (DYKWIA syndrome...), but they were called out on it. I get it's a pain to wait in line (although for me, I only had to wait behind 1 person in each case), but that's how they keep the lounge to just being people who belong there.

Other than noise, room is fine. As another poster mentioned, no true desk, but there is at least a place where you can park your laptop and work. The bathroom has been gutted, unlike the LAX Ren. Someone else mentioned having issues with temp control in room, mine has worked well. I would definitely stay here again, just not in this particular room!

manico Jul 10, 2018 3:47 pm

It seems like the old LAX hotels are finally getting spruced up, possibly spurred on by the recent construction/conversion of a couple of properties on Century and more planned in the next few years. Previously, I always stayed at the Renn because they were good about giving lounge access sometimes during quieter periods to even "lowly" Silvers. I also enjoyed their lounge with it's view of the runway and the quieter downstairs where the computers were. Now they have renovated but unfortunately I haven't been able to check out the new lounge (minus the bottom floor bus. center which I was told is gone) because I've stayed on weekends when it's closed. The room renovation wasn't that great at the Ren nor was it great at the Marriott but considering how dingy and old the rooms at the Marriott were, it is an improvement (much brighter and lighter but I feel the rooms are much smaller now).

I actually much prefer the M lounge at the Marriott----I like the idea of checking who enters during prime times as I think it helps to cut back from people bringing in their friends, cousins and countrymen. I like the open space and views and the bar in the middle if you want to purchase a drink (almost all hotel lounges except one at LAX charge for alcohol). The food offerings were quite nice when I stayed there-----much smaller portions but nicer quality. The reusable water bottle station is a nice idea too for those concerned about the environment. The Sheraton also has a nice lounge with newer furniture and a "larger" food offering (1 hot item and sandwiches) so that's also a good alternative.

sanfran8080 Jul 11, 2018 7:45 pm

I feel like the M lounge is a dance club. Get rid of the loud music

UA-NYC Jul 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Wasn't the Ren supposedly renovated? My bathroom last night had an old school tub and looked at least 10 years old. Room mildly spruced up but A/C took about two hours to cool the room down. Lounge was packed and mediocre. Not impressed...

jtwiz Jul 12, 2018 5:01 am

Originally Posted by sanfran8080 (Post 29964380)
I feel like the M lounge is a dance club. Get rid of the loud music

I was in the M Club 3 times this week (2 evenings, 1 morning) and had no issues with loud music. Maybe they have toned it down?

manico Sep 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 29964640)
Wasn't the Ren supposedly renovated? My bathroom last night had an old school tub and looked at least 10 years old. Room mildly spruced up but A/C took about two hours to cool the room down. Lounge was packed and mediocre. Not impressed...

I think it was a "light refresh". I stayed there too after the supposed renovation and also noticed that they didn't touch the bathrooms. The "new" room look isn't that great----I almost like the old one. Haven't had a chance to check out the new lounge though as it was closed on the weekends unlike at the Marriott down the road. I did miss the little downstairs area of the Ren lounge where you could use the computers but I believe it's now gone and the lounge is only one level.

hindolio Oct 1, 2018 10:56 pm

Just returned from a pleasant 1 night stay (09/30/18). Gold elite asking for an upgraded room and given an M Club access room on the 15th floor. View of city was okay. I could hear the soft hum of planes going by every once in a while.

Desserts served from 7:30 pm to 10 pm reminded me of those little desserts at a typical Las Vegas buffet. They were okay, but the cookies were very good.
Breakfast was average in my opinion. The eggs were very dry and bland.

Overall though, the service was as good as the other posts here. The pool looked good and was not crowded on a Monday.

yerffej201 Oct 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Would folks who've stayed here recommend this property vs the Westin LAX?

UA-NYC Oct 14, 2018 6:25 am

M Club is nice & the rooms are newer

huynhc Oct 16, 2018 10:09 am

I have stayed here twice now since the start of October. First time, I waited over 20 minutes to check-in....in the elite line. One agent for the elite lines and three at the normal check-in. The line for the regular crowd was busier and I was next in the elite line but apparently behind a DYKWIA demanding a suite upgrade. I felt like the regular desk agents should have waved me over since I was waiting forever after 10PM with a one-year old infant strapped to my chest. Room was not upgraded but had an elongated entryway so was great to store luggage there. Room was small but adequate for an airport stay. M club bfast was mediocre and busy. Staff was attentive and exchanged plates and food out to keep with demand.

Second stay was coming back from vacation and was horrible. Waited over an hour for a shuttle and when one finally came it was full! It was around 10PM at night and I was livid (again with a 1yo strapped to my chest). I took the Hilton shuttle and carried 6 bags with the wife to the Marriott. Luckily the valet agent saw me struggling to get all my bags up the driveway incline and rushed down to help. He was a glimmer of hope. For this stay, I redeemed 2 SNA to a one bedroom suite. However once I got there they downgraded me to a junior suite (I did not select that as a SNA option). Usually I don't care for upgrades but if I put a SNA in for a particular room type and it clears, it should be honored. I could have used it at countless other stariott properties to secure a suite when I travel with the baby. I spoke to the manager who offered a hospitality suite on the first floor after much pushback. I appreciated the effort but their SNA system needs work. The M club staff was great in the morning. We were looking for whole milk for the baby and the lounge didn't have it and so the attendant went down to Starbucks for us and grabbed us whole milk.

If it wasn't for the two wonderful staff at the valet helping with my luggage and the m club attendant I would never stay at this property again. But the hard work of those two employees really stood out to me and would make me re-consider the Marriott lax as an option (only on outbound flights as waiting for the shuttle on arrival is ridiculous).

In short, although the hotel looks much more modern and clean after the renovations, the lack of service and especially shuttle service makes this airport hotel an epic fail.

sfozrhfco Oct 16, 2018 11:29 am

Stayed a couple weeks ago and check in was about the same as described--though I was called over to the regular checkin side as there was only one person checking in elites very slowly. One reason it may take so long to check people in is that the hotel does not seem to preblock elites--even those doing online checkin. As a Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador status that checked in through the app and arrived after the standard check in time, I was presented with a regular room and no acknowledgement of status. I just asked what kind of room it was after getting the key and only after saying it was a standard room as booked did the check in agent even look to see if something better was available.

The food for the evening service in the M lounge was quite good with many options. Did not stay long enough for breakfast as I had an early flight. Walked back to the airport so didn't deal with the shuttle.

Prefer the Sheraton for the room size/quality/preblocking into a suite and not a great fan of the bible/Book of Mormon which Marriott seems to be pushing in their rooms. Overall it was an ok stay to take advantage of the $60 off offer through the SPG AMEX but don't know that I would stay again.

SkiAdcock Oct 16, 2018 11:36 am

My last stay (arrival about 9pm on a Sat night/departure at 5am) had the same check-in line issue. I was in elite line but the normal line was moving faster & they weren't calling people from the elite line. I finally moved to the regular line to get checked in while people behind me in the elite line were still waiting after I had gotten my key. No upgrade, until I gently pushed mentioning it was a single night stay & then was upgraded to junior suite. Junior suite was fine, other than it was facing Century Blvd & the traffic noise made for fitful sleep. I prefer the Renaissance.

Cheers.

BLG Oct 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Gave it a try on Thursday night. Shuttle picked me up within a minute...just good luck I imagine. Check-in was a non event at 10PM. No lines at all. Maybe lucky again. No upgrade but didn't care. Had a bite at the Marketplace which I liked. Thought the room was only about half-rehabbed -- carpet was still old and stained. AC had two speeds -- loud and noisy or louder and noisier. Was too tired after coming in from LHR to care. Had to use a pen to toggle the control button on the thermostat. Breakfast was good. Service was good. Staff was helpful and nice. Would go back to the Ren next time. A more relaxed feel and a little more "refined". If I had to stay there again I would but it wouldn't be my first choice, probably not my second either.

Kacee Oct 28, 2018 12:18 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco (Post 30321578)
not a great fan of the bible/Book of Mormon which Marriott seems to be pushing in their rooms.

These now infest the SPG properties as well. In fact, they've made it all the way to Bangkok, where I found one bedside at SGS last weekend. So, unlike the loyalty program merger, the infliction of religious propaganda was effected quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly.

Good to know where Marriott's priorities lie.

dayone Oct 28, 2018 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30364318)
These now infest the SPG properties as well. In fact, they've made it all the way to Bangkok, where I found one bedside at SGS last weekend. So, unlike the loyalty program merger, the infliction of religious propaganda was effected quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly.

A book in a drawer is a suggestion, not an infestation or an infliction. YMMV.

SkiAdcock Oct 28, 2018 11:03 am

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 30365526)
A book in a drawer is a suggestion, not an infestation or an infliction. YMMV.

Agree. I don't understand the fixation on the books in a drawer, whether it be the Bible, Book of Mormon or the Koran. If someone is interested they can read it, whatever the it is. If they're not, then ignore it - or do what I do, toss my clothes or other items on top of it.

Based on the latest report above, sounds like I'll still stick w/ the Ren over the Marriott at LAX.

Cheers.

JHake10 Oct 28, 2018 3:43 pm

I have this booked for one night in January. I chose it over the Ren based on Marriotts pictures online. It seems this hotel was recently updated. Is that not the case? Or is it one of those "half the rooms are updated. Good luck with what you get"?

BLG Oct 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 30366399)
Or is it one of those "half the rooms are updated. Good luck with what you get"?

From my limited experience, maybe more like "all the rooms are half updated."

Kacee Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 30366399)
I have this booked for one night in January. I chose it over the Ren based on Marriotts pictures online. It seems this hotel was recently updated. Is that not the case? Or is it one of those "half the rooms are updated. Good luck with what you get"?

My room was about 95% updated. Everything was new except the bed frame . . . it was pretty odd, the mattress hung over by about 12 inches. Lobby is all new, M Club is all new (and nice). Pool area is updated and attractive.

Despite all the new stuff, I didn't like this property very much. It just had an uncomfortable, very corporate vibe. Much prefer Sheraton Gateway, which is a bit funky but I find it comfortable and they're great with the suite upgrades.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 30365542)
I don't understand the fixation on the books in a drawer

To me it was a very obvious reminder of who's in charge now.

They can't answer emails or their phones, but they've managed to fill tens of thousands of bedside drawers around the world with the Book of Mormon. It rubs me the wrong way.

Dr. HFH Oct 29, 2018 5:07 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco (Post 30321578)
... not a great fan of the bible/Book of Mormon which Marriott seems to be pushing in their rooms.

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30364318)
These now infest the SPG properties as well. In fact, they've made it all the way to Bangkok, where I found one bedside at SGS last weekend.

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30367413)
They can't answer emails or their phones, but they've managed to fill tens of thousands of bedside drawers around the world with the Book of Mormon. It rubs me the wrong way.

What's up with this? I can't remember the last time I opened the drawer of the night table beside the bed. Do you guys (intended to be gender inclusive of everyone) check the drawers? Are you offended if you find something there that you don't like?

How about looking at it slightly differently. Management is putting it there so if people want it, they can find it. I don't use lotion. Ever. Can't stand the greasy feeling I get. But the fact that there's a small tube/container of lotion in every hotel bathroom doesn't offend me. I just don't use it. The Bible/Book of Mormon is in the drawer. You had to go looking for it. If you don't want to read it, don't. But does that mean that the hotel shouldn't make it easily available for those who do?

bennos Oct 29, 2018 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 30367955)
How about looking at it slightly differently. Management is putting it there so if people want it, they can find it. I don't use lotion. Ever. Can't stand the greasy feeling I get. But the fact that there's a small tube/container of lotion in every hotel bathroom doesn't offend me. I just don't use it. The Bible/Book of Mormon is in the drawer. You had to go looking for it. If you don't want to read it, don't. But does that mean that the hotel shouldn't make it easily available for those who do?

My analogy is to the coffee maker I never use, but otherwise I agree. MR is a business, it has determined that some portion of its customer base wants poorly written works of fiction available to it, just like some portion of its customer base wants bad coffee in the room. As another data point, MR has been an HRC Corporate Equality "best place to work" for the last several years (as had been Starwood), which I'm pretty sure wouldn't have been the case if corporate were pursuing a Mormon agenda.

Anyway, this discussion probably belongs in another thread.

Kacee Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am

How about looking at it slightly differently. Management is putting it there so if people want it, they can find it.

That's not why Marriott is doing it. They're doing it for the same reason the Mormon Church more or less requires young men aged between 18-25 to spend two years as missionaries. It's called proselytizing.

Dr. HFH Oct 29, 2018 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30367413)
... they've managed to fill tens of thousands of bedside drawers around the world with the Book of Mormon. It rubs me the wrong way.

How about looking at it slightly differently.

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30368431)
That's not why Marriott is doing it. They're doing it for the same reason the Mormon Church more or less requires young men aged between 18-25 to spend two years as missionaries. It's called proselytizing.

So it's not so much that the presence of the book in a closed drawer in your hotel room, but what really bugs you is why they do it? Any Marriott employee forcing you to read the book? Any even suggest that you take a look at it? Seems to me that they're free to put the book in a drawer in your room (not even out in the open), and you're free to ignore it.

How about MAGC? While they say that they have it for environmental reasons, the fact is that the MAGC program saves the company a ton of money. Do you have a problem with that, too, because of a [possibly] selfish motive?

SkiAdcock Oct 29, 2018 9:56 am

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 30368133)

Anyway, this discussion probably belongs in another thread.

Agree. Let's get back to reviews of the LAX Marriott. There's probably another thread already re: BOM or someone can start one.

Cheers.

cmculp Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm

I prefer the REN. Occasionally, this matters: the shuttle circles LAX to Marriott to Ren and back to airport. Earlier this year I exited the Ren to a throng of people waiting for the shuttle. 3 shuttles came by already packed from Marriott pickups. Had to taxi to make the flight. At least the Marriott lets you clear the queue....

on the Marriott - fully updated (and carpetless) rooms, very nice M club and resort like pool.

spark787 Nov 9, 2018 11:46 pm

Little bit off topic but how come every Marriott property in the LA area now charge for parking?
Even a fairfield inn 30 miles away in Orange County charge 12USD for parking when it used to be free.
Seems like a cash grab.

jtwiz Feb 26, 2019 7:58 am

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...73353204c7.jpg
I meant to post this last week. The LAX Marriott has been having an upgraded concierge lounge night on the ~middle Wednesday of each month. They bring one of their chefs into the lounge and have them cook a specialty item right there. This month it was a Cuban sandwich (and it was delicious!) Since this past Wednesday was immediately following the start of Bonvoy, they had these adorable mini cupcakes as well. They had a free mojito bar, crawfish etouffee, shrimp ceviche plus the usual crudite, cheeses, etc. It was really quite the celebration (and the place was packed.) I have to say that I grew more attached to the name Bonvoy when seeing it like this ;)

ElevatorEnthusiast May 7, 2022 9:08 pm

Good for an airport hotel!

No real upgrade - suites sold out online. Given 15th floor "concierge" King facing the runways. Good view, but dirty window. Room had too much extra space with too little furniture. Only one chair when there should have been a chaise lounge. Bed was comfortable - softish mattress, non-lumpy pillows, and covers of normal thickness. Climate control had trouble keeping up with sunset to west but cooled down overnight. Shower was great with strong pressure and full glass. TV had Internet TV OS.

Service was good and bad - bad at first as agents insisted no rooms were clean (they just didn't know and wouldn't ask Housekeeping). One made a big deal that if I took an accessible room, room changes WOULD NOT occur. Off-putting. Finally got a room at 2 PM on the third time of asking. Attitudes got better when I went back to ask for water from the front desk (they had some) - the agent in training was friendly and asked me how my day was going. I did receive a welcome letter and two bottles of Evian a few hours after checking in, as well. I was asked proactively about late checkout, which I didn't need.

Lounge is closed and locked except from 6 AM to 10:30 AM - breakfast was okay for a lounge. Basically scrambled eggs, turkey sausage links, and some kind-of-gross mini cinnamon rolls. I really do hate lounges. If it was closed, I'm sure I could have gotten a nice breakfast in the restaurant. The view of the runways was good, though.

Shuttle worked well after checkout in the morning - was sitting right there. Boy, am I glad that I'm not a LAX shuttle driver - crazy traffic, but still got all the way around to T7 in about 15ish minutes. Some Ren guests had to stand.

Overall, definitely not the worst - will probably try the Renaissance the next time I'm splitting flight legs between days.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5f2eedde07.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3a4dde735c.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...565a4c1f9a.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...37f42f2063.jpg

DJ_Iceman May 8, 2022 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast (Post 34230667)
Overall, definitely not the worst - will probably try the Renaissance the next time I'm splitting flight legs between days.

Thanks for the review. I think you'll find the Renaissance a superior hotel in every regard.