Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

'Your24' benefit in the new Bonvoy program

'Your24' benefit in the new Bonvoy program

Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
after waiting for over 2 weeks, my ambassador finally got back to me this morning stating that the hotel has denied my your24 request for an upcoming stay next week in nyc....i am checking in around 9pm & wanted a 7pm late check out....

the reason for the denial of course is that the hotel is running on high occupancy....seems unlikely with rates hovering around the $100 per night mark but nevertheless i had expected this given that the property is in nyc where i have had terrible success with your24....
i decided to bring up the your24 issue with a manager at the property in nyc i stayed in last week....i asked her how come it was impossible getting this request approved when they seemed to be running on low occupancy....she admitted that they had plenty of empty rooms the night before, during & after my check-out date but their housekeeping staff leaves at 5pm so they need the rooms empty by 4pm at the latest....that is why they deny late checkout requests....

this seems to be an issue with this benefit....properties can deny a late checkout beyond 4pm stating that they are running on high occupancy when the reason could be very different & there is nothing we or our ambassadors can do about it....
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:54 am

great. another thing my worthless ambassador can fail to deliver on.

there is much more incentive to divert nights/$ to another program to gain top status than to throw the nights away at Marriott for what amounts to a title with essentially no tangible benefit. besides, if you have a lovely singing voice, by not reaching ambassador, you can really announce your arrival: i am ti...ta...... ni....um!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
i decided to bring up the your24 issue with a manager at the property in nyc i stayed in last week....i asked her how come it was impossible getting this request approved when they seemed to be running on low occupancy....she admitted that they had plenty of empty rooms the night before, during & after my check-out date but their housekeeping staff leaves at 5pm so they need the rooms empty by 4pm at the latest....that is why they deny late checkout requests....
If the hotel is on low occupancy, why can’t they clean the room in the morning?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
If the hotel is on low occupancy, why can’t they clean the room in the morning?
i agree....if the room is going unsold then it can easily be cleaned the following morning....
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite

i agree....if the room is going unsold then it can easily be cleaned the following morning....
And if the Ambassadors had any punching power they’d verify the occupancy excuse themselves instead of you having to do it. If they were really serious about going the extra mile and the hotel wouldn’t cooperate despite availability, they could book and pay the extra night that would allow you to do the late checkout.
uncommonsensical likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Well, this was a disappointing shock. I am new to Your24 and Ambassador service. Had no idea this was an optional thing...thought is was guaranteed. Nothing on the benefits page indicates this is subject to availability...
Just had my first request for this denied by the hotel... Talk about setting an expectation only to miss it. Pretty stupid.

Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

here is another problem i've encountered with your24....i have a 2 night stay coming up in july with my family in buena park, ca....have booked 3 rooms & asked for an 9pm checkout for one of the rooms....

sent an email to my ambassador asking to put in a your24 request & i got a reply the next day from another ambassador stating that she has submitted the request but the hotel is saying they will respond 3 days before my stay....so now i have to wait 4 months for the hotel to decide whether they will approve my request....

i replied saying that i would appreciate an answer earlier since i need to book my flights accordingly....lets see what my ambassador can do now....
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’d try another Ambassador. Hotels have (I believe) 48 hours to respond. My Ambassador has had a pretty tough time pushing this with hotels, but at least he consistently tries.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’d try another Ambassador. Hotels have (I believe) 48 hours to respond. My Ambassador has had a pretty tough time pushing this with hotels, but at least he consistently tries.
it used to be 48 hours under the old spg rules....not sure if its the same now....

in any case, i've asked my ambassador to follow up & try to get an answer soon....
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:04 am

Your24 is a con, as it was before with SPG. It’s just a way of asking properties to have an early check-in or a late check-out, which they can grant if they feel like it.With SPG properties would gimmicks by claiming trumped-up high-occupancy projections. With Marriott it seems to have gone downhill. As I understood from what my ambassador told me, properties can set an occupancy threshold above which they may deny a Y24 request. This threshold can be very low and is not transparent (at least it wasn’t to me). Marriott does not interfere in any way in setting this threshold.This particular property where I was staying has a standard procedure of flatly denying all Y24 requests. It happened like that even in SPG times. Last time I submitted a Y24 request 3 days before my stay, my ambassador came back with a denial in a few hours and refused to follow-up with the property or to open a ticket. Two days later, at check-in front desk easily granted a 7PM late check-out.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I just made my first request and I’m in the opposite camp. I’m very pleased with the response. I made a request last week to my ambassador and she just sent me the hotel’s response (this is for an April reservation in India):

“We would be more than happy to confirm the "Yours 24" request for Mr. XXXXXXX arrival on the XXxx of April, 2019 3:30 am and check-out on the XXxx 3:30
am
Would request you to let us know in case Mr. XXXXXXXX would require any
transportation from the airport to the Hotel.”

I’m at 100% so far...
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chewie
I just made my first request and I’m in the opposite camp. I’m very pleased with the response. I made a request last week to my ambassador and she just sent me the hotel’s response (this is for an April reservation in India):

“We would be more than happy to confirm the "Yours 24" request for Mr. XXXXXXX arrival on the XXxx of April, 2019 3:30 am and check-out on the XXxx 3:30
am
Would request you to let us know in case Mr. XXXXXXXX would require any
transportation from the airport to the Hotel.”

I’m at 100% so far...
indian properties are pretty good with your24....i've had dozens of requests submitted here & can only remember one getting denied....
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i replied saying that i would appreciate an answer earlier since i need to book my flights accordingly....lets see what my ambassador can do now....
so i had replied to the ambassador that submitted my request & also added my ambassador to the conversation....i addressed the email to both of them & was expecting my ambassador to take over the communication with the property....but the other ambassador replied yesterday that she is had requested the property to give a quick reply but the request is in the hands of the property liaison now so she will keep me posted....this morning she emailed again to let me know that the request has been approved....^^

i just wonder why my ambassador did not pick up on the request....the initial email was sent to her & she was copied on all communication....
Old May 28, 2021, 3:47 pm

Your24 benefit

Can someone explain two points of this benefit?
1. How early can one check in with this benefit. Can it basically be as early as 0:01am or there's a limit?
2. What if you checked in early, let's say 7am, will they kick you out by 7 am next day, or you can also request an Ambassador guaranteed check out at 4pm?
Old May 28, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by iggyray73
Can someone explain two points of this benefit?
1. How early can one check in with this benefit. Can it basically be as early as 0:01am or there's a limit?
2. What if you checked in early, let's say 7am, will they kick you out by 7 am next day, or you can also request an Ambassador guaranteed check out at 4pm?
Your24 is a up-to 24 hour period and it’s a request that the hotel itself approves. You can request a check in at any hour: eg 00:00, 07:00.. and the checkout time is 24 hours later. For example, request 01:00 checkin 6/1 and the checkout is 01:00 6/2. They may be flexible and let you stay longer.

I believe there was a program rule if you checkin at 0800-0900 you can request the guaranteed 4PM checkout.

Last edited by anteater; May 28, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.