W Ibiza Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
W Ibiza Spain [Master Thread]

Marriott press release today:

¿Qué Pasa Ibiza? W Hotels to Open Newest W Escape on the White Isle in 2019 | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"announced plans to debut its newest hotel in Spain with the opening of W Ibiza in Summer 2019...W Ibiza will be located in Santa Eulalia del Río, a buzzing beachside neighborhood centrally located to Ibiza’s famous beaches, nightclubs and rural-chic inland attractions. Scheduled to open in 2019, the hotel’s beachfront location will provide guests with direct access to the sparkling Mediterranean Sea.

Three distinct concepts designed for dining, drinking and relaxing will be complemented by a lively rooftop sunset bar and adults only WET Deck (the brand’s signature take on the poolside scene). A second WET Deck will have direct access to the beachfront promenade and the white sands of Santa Eulalia beach, which guests will be able to enjoy from W Ibiza’s very own ‘Chiringuito’, the brands elevated take on the quintessential beach bars of Ibiza.

To detox from the night before, guests can enjoy the spacious 4,000 square foot Away Spa with seven private treatment rooms and the brand’s signature FIT gym experience. The 162 guestrooms and suites will bring a new level of eclectic luxury to the Isle.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I wonder if this is a new build or the reflagging of an existing property. ME Ibiza maybe since it is located in the area mentioned and building has a similar look to the above? ME has 179 rooms and they are mentioning 162 so could make sense on the size as well.

Last edited by christianj; Apr 10, 2018 at 11:55 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
That is huge!!!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Some
This seems like such an obvious place for a W, quite surprised there isn't one already! To be followed before too long by a W Mykonos, no doubt!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by RafKa
That is huge!!!
Am I the only one to glance at that photo and think “Baggage Hall” ?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Wow! My clubbing days are approaching its end (many of my friends seemed to have married and have kids) but no doubt I will visit this property and party like a 20-something year old My big bang finale to my clubbing/partying days was to be at Tomorrowland Belgium 27-29 July 2018 but guess I'll have to break that and return to Ibiza next year
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Seems a bit out of the way for the party scene during the summer; for partying with luxury/stylish rooms I'd probably look at Ushuaïa or maybe Hard Rock Hotel over this, although the prospect of having someplace I can spend (a lot of) points to stay in Ibiza is attractive.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by fordan
Seems a bit out of the way for the party scene during the summer; for partying with luxury/stylish rooms I'd probably look at Ushuaïa or maybe Hard Rock Hotel over this, although the prospect of having someplace I can spend (a lot of) points to stay in Ibiza is attractive.
Yeah I'd probably prefer Ushuaia over this but can't beat point redemption vs. cash. Ushuaia is expensive AF but you can't say no to having the party right outside your patio.
twa777 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by phant0m
Yeah I'd probably prefer Ushuaia over this but can't beat point redemption vs. cash. Ushuaia is expensive AF but you can't say no to having the party right outside your patio.
To each his own but I prefer to go to the party rather than go home to the party. And besides, nothing beats sunset at Mambo followed by a night at Pacha.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Any updates on this property? I haven't found any recent news. With Sir Joan leaving SPG/Marriott affiliation (when did that happen, by the way?), this will be the only Starriott option on the island.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Crickets. I guess it's not opening this summer then.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by escape4
Crickets. I guess it's not opening this summer then.
Opening (not) the same time as the W Algarve .... I suspect both are casualties of banks tightening credit in connection with Brexit
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
With Sir Joan leaving SPG/Marriott affiliation (when did that happen, by the way?)
Wut? That sucks, I stayed there last summer, loved the location with both the city and Pacha a 5 min walk.

Back to Ushuaia it is then.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Opening (not) the same time as the W Algarve .... I suspect both are casualties of banks tightening credit in connection with Brexit
You might be right. However I would note that a difference between Algarve and Ibiza is that W Ibiza is showing up on W's website in the section "hitting the scene", along with Dubai The Palm, Costa Rica, and Brisbane. Not Algarve.
https://w-hotels.marriott.com

So I am surprised they showcase Ibiza but I could not find a word about it elsewhere specifically the opening date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.