Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotels Beverly Hills CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening July '18. Cat 7. Located on Wilshire Blvd. But IIRC from looking at the map it's not really in BH proper.

AC Hotel Beverly Hills: Los Angeles Stylish Hotel - Los Angeles Business Hotel
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Definitely not in Beverly Hills proper. I'm surprised they can get away with having "Beverly Hills" in the hotel name with this location.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SS255
Definitely not in Beverly Hills proper. I'm surprised they can get away with having "Beverly Hills" in the hotel name with this location.
That's what I was thinking! It's near Miracle Mile/La Brea Tar pits.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:26 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Located on Wilshire Blvd. But IIRC from looking at the map it's not really in BH proper.
It's gotten a bit out of control... so many hotels on the westside in LA now try to claim they're either in "Santa Monica" or "Beverly Hills" when they're really far from either. In the past year or so two hotels that are without doubt in Westwood (as in, basically UCLA campus adjacent) did this... the Palomar Hotel LA/Westwood rebranded to Palomar Hotel LA/Beverly Hills and the W LA/Westwood rebranded to the W LA/West Beverly Hills, which isn't even a neighborhood as far as I am aware!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Technically speaking, the new Edition under construction in West Hollywood is closer to the Beverly Hills border than this AC hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Reminds me of the Marriott "Georgetown"

Yup.

David
ryw likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Now opening this month. At least they're a bit more honest about the location now on the home page.

"Connect to the city in a new way at AC Hotel Beverly Hills. Thoughtful service and a modern mindset define us. From check-in to checkout, each element of our space has been carefully tailored to alleviate the pain of travel and achieve harmony as you arrive at AC Hotel Beverly Hills. Enjoy amenities including a mini-fridge and high-speed Internet access as well as a hotel staff that is dedicated to making your visit special. Located just 2 miles from the Golden Triangle of Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, we cater to travelers looking to immerse themselves in the energy of Beverly Hills. Join us in the AC Lounge nightly where we offer a selection of tapas-inspired small bites, or, enjoy expansive views of the city while soaking your feet in our wading pool at the 11th Floor Rooftop Lounge. Welcome to an elevated state of mind."
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:23 am

In fairness, it's only one long block from the actual border of the City of Beverly Hills, at San Vicente, it's just not anywhere near downtown Beverly Hills, which is what the name kind of implies. However they seem to be honest in the description, saying it's "2 miles from the Golden Triangle," though I've lived in LA fifteen years and never heard an actual person call downtown BH that, I've only seen it used in marketing.

Much like the Kimpton Hotel Wilshire at the other end of the block, the hotel itself is a huge converted 1950s office tower, I've been watching them rehab it every night on my drive home. They gutted it and repainted it, it looks very attractive in a mid-century modern way, and they added a parking deck on the adjacent lot.

I just noticed the external signage this week, and the lobby is finally visible from the street. Everything inside looks finished, I assume it's opening soon.

https://urbanize.la/post/ac-marriott...hire-boulevard

Last edited by James Luckard; Jan 2, 2019 at 1:29 am
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just noticed this place (I live pretty close to it, but it's in a relatively desolate stretch of Wilshire - not one that I pass by too often). It was, indeed, an ugly office building previously. Maybe there's hope for this stretch?

Anyway, as James posted, it truly is only one long block from BH. And I'd also point out that the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, while a bit closer to the border, is not actually in Beverly Hills either.

Has anyone been in?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I just noticed this place (I live pretty close to it, but it's in a relatively desolate stretch of Wilshire - not one that I pass by too often). It was, indeed, an ugly office building previously. Maybe there's hope for this stretch?

Anyway, as James posted, it truly is only one long block from BH. And I'd also point out that the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, while a bit closer to the border, is not actually in Beverly Hills either.

Has anyone been in?
The official name of what everyone calls the Four Seasons Beverly Hills is actually "The Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills." That is, indeed, correct, as it is literally on the border (albeit on the LA side of Doheny Drive). It's also in a better location. But, that doesn't help you if you need Marriott nights.

I'm actually impressed with the number of Marriott properties that are thisclose to Beverly Hills, and in very desirable locations. The new Edition in West Hollywood (which I believe is opening early this year) is also much closer to Beverly Hills proper than the AC.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. I did not know that. But it's clear as day on their website.

"LOS ANGELES AT BEVERLY HILLS"

Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern

Has anyone been in?
When I drove by a night or two ago, there were still cones up blocking off the driveway. The lights in the lobby were on, but the place was deserted, except for a security guard. Looks like it's not quite open yet.

That whole section of Wilshire is being developed in anticipation of the Metro coming through. There's a massive new condo tower that opened one block east at Wilshire and Crescent Heights. This hotel is almost exactly halfway between the future Metro stops at Fairfax and La Cienega.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by James Luckard
When I drove by a night or two ago, there were still cones up blocking off the parking lot. The lights in the lobby were on, but the place was deserted, except for a security guard. Looks like it's not quite open yet.

That whole section of Wilshire is being developed in anticipation of the Metro coming through. There's a massive new condo tower that opened one block east at Wilshire and Crescent Heights. This hotel is almost exactly halfway between the future Metro stops at Fairfax and La Cienega.
That new building (Vision on Wilshire) should soon house three really good restaurants:

https://la.eater.com/2018/11/13/1809...shire-mid-city
James Luckard likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
I live in the neighborhood too and just noticed this for the first time today driving by. Did not know it was coming in.

On a side note - also realized the Wahoos down the street had closed. Bummer - been going there for 10+ years!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Well now that we've discussed the location to death, look forward to the first trip report!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.