Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Austin Northwest [Master Thread]

Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,

Could only find a pre-opening thread with only 2 posts, so starting this.

Just completed a two night stay. Would give the hotel 10 stars if I could. Obviously, not a St. Regis - but when judging on the basis of what an Aloft stay should be it was excellent!

Check-in on a Thursday afternoon was quick and easy. Hotel had two members of staff working the front desk at 6:30pm. Both members of staff were very friendly and thanked me for being platinum. Staff asked me if I would like a room on which side of the hotel (one side looks over the 2 lane drive, the other over a fence topped with barbed wire separating the hotel from a strip mall) and offered me points or a made-to-order hot breakfast. I took the points. The young lady that checked me in then explained the in-house food options (more extensive than my usual Alofts - some hot made to order dishes available at all times), the bar (popular on Friday night with both hotel guests and locals), the gym (24hrs), the indoor pool and hot tub (sufficiently warm/hot respectively and 7am-11pm).

I headed up to my room on the 5th floor. Standard Aloft King so not much to say except, it was spotless and the shower was both hot and had great pressure. Plenty of hangers, including pants hangers (good for me since I brought a suit for a Friday wedding). TV had nearly full DirecTV channels, and a RoomCast (A Chromecast for hotels)!!!!!! so I could cast netflix and YouTube TV from my laptop to the big screen.

Hotel was nearly empty on Thursday but full on Friday and there was never a problem finding parking nor did I hear any noise from the hallways or other rooms.

Staff from check-in to check-out was uniformly excellent. Always smiling and every employee greeted me even when I was just crossing the lobby from the elevators to the front entrance.

Hotel had treats and water for dogs just inside the entrance.

Hotel participates in MAGC.

The area is something to keep in mind as well. If you need to be in downtown Austin - this hotel is not for you as it's a 20minute drive without traffic. But, for the area it's in - it is well located. Lakeline Mall is in the same development (about 1/2 mile but no sidewalks), but directly across the driveway from the hotel is an Alamo Theater, HEB Plus, Asian/Sushi restaurant, upscale pet store, Italian Restaurant, LaMadeline, Starbucks, Upscale Liquor/Wine shop, Smashburger and a frozen yogurt place. I only ate at the asian place but it was very good and reasonably priced. Next door to the hotel on one side was a freestanding ER and sharing the parking with the Aloft is a Home2Hilton. Area seemed quite safe late at night.

Happy to answer any questions. Again, if you're expecting St. Regis service and amenities this is not for you - but for an Aloft this location does an amazing job.

Last edited by dcstudent; Mar 25, 2018 at 7:57 am Reason: Forgot to Mention MAGC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.