Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG

Delay once again? From March 1 to June 1, now July 1. I saw the building is there already, any idea about what's going on with this property?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
If they (W KL) delay the opening, then good as I hate to be a early guest who have to endure "room defects" yet to be identified by "someone (room inspector)" which we as guest should be compensated for highlighting "defects" if not done earlier before opening. Still not sure if I want to be their early guest as W rates might be ranges of Grand Hyatt KL/Mandarin Oriental KL room rates?
Previous stay experiences;
1) Westin Kuala Lumpur - one of the early checkin guest during official first day opening, assigned a room with a very slow water to drain during taking shower, and the shower stall has no place to put soap but on floor. They added soap holder later on.
2) Four Points Puchong - one of the early checkin guest during official first day opening, bad signage at basement parking floor to enter hotel lobby, very slow water to drain during taking shower, room has no sound proofing in between of noisy highway and busy street plus the hotel values monks by assigning them suites rather to Platinum member. Was promised of suite upgrade if I return but that was my first and last stay.
3) Element Kuala Lumpur - first checkin guest during official first day opening and fortunately with no defects. Nothing much to do in newly open hotel but to drop by KLCC nearby.
4) Le Meridien Putra Jaya - 2nd checkin guest during official first day opening and fortunately with no defects but many facilities (Club lounge, gym and ect) are yet to open with still some touch up works going on but at least they have a big mall attached to the hotel to keep one busy with activities and another big plus, the hotel parking is free for guest until today.
5) Sheraton PJ - waited few months after they open, was again, disappointed as the room assigned had electrical defects, the light switches either could be all on or off at the same time, and front desk had to reassigned room and until today the mall attached to hotel has yet to be open. Some guests complained of smelly toilets which my last 7 stays didn't have smelly toilets.

From others reports;
St Regis Kuala Lumpur - heavy touch up even as they open doors to guest on their opening day and with first time of my 300+ nights with Starwood hotel stays, I have ever read someone had cockroach in his suite. In Malaysia, our cockroaches are big with some that can fly and if they do, do usually fly towards us warm body for landing.
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Update: a post by the Lurkers over at InsideFlyer today confirms the hotel is opening August 31st and is accepting reservations for stays from October 1st, 2018.

khabah
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
W Kuala Lumpur is now accepting reservations from 23 August 2018 at RM846.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gummibar
That is a bit expensive for Kuala Lumpur
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gummibar
W KL is assuming they are better within KLCC area (?? rate RM846 for 42m2 room size)) than (same date 23rd Aug for room reservation at this minute and subject to changes). Wish them luck just like St Regis KL and later had to reprice lower room rates due to competition and common sense.
1) Grand Hyatt KL (47m2) - RM680
2) Mandarin Oriental KL (40m2) - RM759

Another League of Higher end hotel
1) Four Seasons KL (52-55m2 room) - RM978
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Overpriced. Will stick with Le Meridien thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:47 pm

KLCC is such a .... hole area.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
At this price point, I would pick Four Seasons over W anyday.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:49 pm

Will be this same story as StR Kuala Lumpur. This prices are to high for this city.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
but in this case I would stick with StR
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
A few of my colleagues and I will be spending about 30 nights each in KL between now and the end of the year. I had my ambassador reach out to the hotel and they gave us a much better preferred rate. First check in will be in a week so I’m curious what awaits me.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by tr2286
A few of my colleagues and I will be spending about 30 nights each in KL between now and the end of the year. I had my ambassador reach out to the hotel and they gave us a much better preferred rate. First check in will be in a week so I’m curious what awaits me.
Just curious, what rate did you get? Do you reach out to hotels where you plan to stay longer more often and get better rates?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
Originally Posted by porkie

Just curious, what rate did you get? Do you reach out to hotels where you plan to stay longer more often and get better rates?
They gave us 625++ and free breakfast (though we are all platinum so that doesn’t really do much). Agreed that it’s probably still a little much for KL but same ballpark as the Westin where I used to say (and I’m a sucker for Ws)

I largely travel for project related work so that usually means multiple people on a weekly basis for anywhere between 3 and 18 months. Anything that’s more than 30 or so nights in aggregate I’ll reach out to my ambassador who then puts me in touch with the hotel. Depending on the hotel and the aggregate number of nights we get anywhere between 10-15 percent off all the way to 50ish percent off the standard rate (only in cases of very long stays like multiple 20 night stints in Tokyo)
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:03 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by tr2286

They gave us 625++ and free breakfast (though we are all platinum so that doesn’t really do much). Agreed that it’s probably still a little much for KL but same ballpark as the Westin where I used to say (and I’m a sucker for Ws)

I largely travel for project related work so that usually means multiple people on a weekly basis for anywhere between 3 and 18 months. Anything that’s more than 30 or so nights in aggregate I’ll reach out to my ambassador who then puts me in touch with the hotel. Depending on the hotel and the aggregate number of nights we get anywhere between 10-15 percent off all the way to 50ish percent off the standard rate (only in cases of very long stays like multiple 20 night stints in Tokyo)
625 ringgit ? if yes then its a good deal. roughly around 200 bucks SGD per night for a "W"
I'll be there in Jan 2019, ($RM800 per night) look forward to hearing stay review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.