Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

W Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:58 am

Anyone stayed at this property yet? Does it overlook KLCC park? Considering a stay here over NYE to check out the fireworks.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott press release on property opening:

Paradise Found: W Hotels Debuts In Malaysia With The Opening Of W Kuala Lumpur | Marriott News Center

"W Hotels Worldwide, part of Marriott International, Inc., today announced the opening of W Kuala Lumpur, marking the iconic brand’s first-ever hotel in Malaysia. Owned by Tropicana Corporation Berhad, W Kuala Lumpur opens its doors in the heart of the capital, steps from the world-famous Petronas Twin Towers.

W Kuala Lumpur features 150 stylish guest rooms and suites...five food & beverage venues...spa & gym.

To celebrate the debut of W Kuala Lumpur, guests are invited to experience W and detox in style. Book a stay with W Kuala Lumpur and revel in the signature Whatever/Whenever® experience. Rates start from MYR850+ per room per night (subject to availability at the time of reservation). Terms & conditions apply. Prices are subject to prevailing taxes."
zzap likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

zzap likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
Originally Posted by xar
625 ringgit ? if yes then its a good deal. roughly around 200 bucks SGD per night for a "W"
I'll be there in Jan 2019, ($RM800 per night) look forward to hearing stay review.
Yes Ringgit - but we are generating a lot of volume for the hotel.
xar likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
Originally Posted by zzap
Anyone stayed at this property yet? Does it overlook KLCC park? Considering a stay here over NYE to check out the fireworks.
My colleague spent last night there and loved it. My first stay is next Wednesday - ill report back.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by zzap
Stayed in a Marvelous suite recently- no KLCC park views to speak of. It does face the twin towers though.
zzap likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:53 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
Stayed in a Marvelous suite recently- no KLCC park views to speak of. It does face the twin towers though.
Nice. Did you book a basic room and gotten an upgrade to a suite because of your status? (If yes, are you PE or PPE?)
Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xar
Nice. Did you book a basic room and gotten an upgrade to a suite because of your status? (If yes, are you PE or PPE?)
Thanks!
I was upgraded based on Plat75 status. I was informed that only a few studio suites were in inventory during my stay. My understanding is that the studio suite is a standard suite and what should be expected for space available Plat upgrades from now on. Occupancy was quite low judging by empty public spaces.
Took a few quick pictures of a studio suite I was shown.

xar likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Is there a rooftop pool? Executive lounge?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Is there a rooftop pool? Executive lounge?
Small squarish pool on the 12th floor- no lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:25 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Thanks for sharing. Now will be a tough call for me to decide if i should redeem my SNA here or hope for an upgrade.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Small squarish pool on the 12th floor- no lounge.
Does the pool get any sunshine? Do they give you any coupons for drinks or appetizers to make up for a lack of a lounge? The lack of a lounge means the Renaissance and J.W. Marriott are probably better options.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Does the pool get any sunshine? Do they give you any coupons for drinks or appetizers to make up for a lack of a lounge? The lack of a lounge means the Renaissance and J.W. Marriott are probably better options.
Yes. Drink coupons only.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, CX DM, A3 Gold
I was upgraded based on Plat75 status. I was informed that only a few studio suites were in inventory during my stay. My understanding is that the studio suite is a standard suite and what should be expected for space available Plat upgrades from now on. Occupancy was quite low judging by empty public spaces.
Took a few quick pictures of a studio suite I was shown.

Nice! I couldn't find any suites available for booking in mid-Sep though.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ginkoka
Nice! I couldn't find any suites available for booking in mid-Sep though.
They might still be blocked- less than half of suite inventory was open during my stay. However rates seem to be loaded now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.