Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 3 SPG Club Lounges Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
While maybe not the most luxurious, I thought the following were great values:

1. Royal Orchid Sheraton BKK (a classic)
2. Sheraton Maria Isabel Mexico City
3. Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by flycal312
1. Royal Orchid Sheraton BKK (a classic)
Fully agree that ROS is great value for the money, but nowhere near top 3 in the world in absolute terms. Not even top 3 in Bangkok.

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
If you want truly great lounge, GH Tokyo back then would blow these 3 out of the water. Same with Fairmont club in Singapore. Real champagne, hot food, great taste.
Interesting how different people have different perceptions. Fairmont Singapore is not even top 20 of the lounges I have been in the world. Lots of fried stuff and too crowded / compact. I would consider the lounge to be a weakness at that hotel rather than a strength.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Sheraton Grand Dubai - amazing service and food/drinks. The entire hotel is one of the nicest I’ve ever stayed at.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by flycal312
3. Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
Okay but nothing too special to me. A little far from probably the best Sheraton Club lounge I've ever tried it, the one of the Sheraton Towers in Singapore. Evening canapes were amazing.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:20 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Andy82
Okay but nothing too special to me. A little far from probably the best Sheraton Club lounge I've ever tried it, the one of the Sheraton Towers in Singapore. Evening canapes were amazing.
Interesting. I'd say, the Park Lane lounge is decent for Europe, but Sheraton Singapore is weak by Asian standards (I'd probably rank it in the bottom third of Sheraton lounges in Asia). Neither of them is anywhere near the Top 3 Worldwide SPG Lounges, IMO.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jpdx
Interesting. I'd say, the Park Lane lounge is decent for Europe, but Sheraton Singapore is weak by Asian standards (I'd probably rank it in the bottom third of Sheraton lounges in Asia). Neither of them is anywhere near the Top 3 Worldwide SPG Lounges, IMO.
I was just considering Sheratons in that comment, so I agree that we're far from the Top 3 Worldwide SPG Lounges. I admit I'm not super expert on Sheraton Lounges in Asia though - I've been only at Sheraton Towers Singapore and Sheraton Miyako Tokyo - and the second one resembled more a very good European one than an Asian one, at least to me.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:06 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
I like my lounge more quiet and relaxed with an awesome view so I can have a pop and some light snacks and sometimes do some work or study. I don't treat it as a lunch or dinner free-food buffet place.

Prince Gallery tokyo Kioicho and Westin Tokyo both have a good view and somewhat quiet and relaxing. Westin Tokyo I can see the iconic Tokyo Tower (so everyone just know I am in Tokyo Japan if I take a picture)

Sheraton Hong Kong Tower lounge (not the regular Plat one). This overlooks the Harbour. I grew up in apartment looking out to Harbour on the other side so there is a special emotional connection to me of Hong Kong's Victoria harbor. Also the afternoon cakes are good. If you're in the lounge during fireworks, it's great. I also remember turning off all the lights and let the lights from the outside buildings and accross the harbor shine in while I talked with a girl high school classmate for an hour to catch up. It was so relaxed.
​​​​​​

​​​
​​

​​​​​​
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
Sheraton Grand Dubai - amazing service and food/drinks. The entire hotel is one of the nicest I’ve ever stayed at.
It is good lounge (German GM) but far away to top three.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but search was no help. Is the lounge at Grosvenor Dubai a) open? & b) as nice as the 2018 praises it received?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by rollthere
Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but search was no help. Is the lounge at Grosvenor Dubai a) open? & b) as nice as the 2018 praises it received?

Thanks
Yes to both questions. Still great staff and great F&B. Adding some pictures from the High Tea last week. Similar offerings in the evening, including some additional hot items and free drinks between 18.00 and 20.00. Drink menu:

https://www.morecravings.com/menus/556

Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:23 am

They change interior in Level 5 ??
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by HHQX888
They change interior in Level 5 ??
Partly, yes. But only the restaurant part and the mid-section of the lounge. The rest did not change.
HHQX888 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.